Sign in to follow this  
mddawson

Anime On Aussie Tv

For Pokemon fans, the Cartoon Network is having a marathon this weekend with Pokemon screening from 10.00 to 16.00 Sat & Sun and 7.00 to 12.30 on Monday

I just saw an advert for 'Heavenly Sword' on the Cartoon Network.

The ad stated Friday 22.30 and Saturday 0.30 although it is not listed on either the Cartoon Network website or the Foxtel planner. I also could not find any info other than it was made as a prequel to a PS3 game.

Edited by mddawson

I just saw an advert for 'Heavenly Sword' on the Cartoon Network.

The ad stated Friday 22.30 and Saturday 0.30 although it is not listed on either the Cartoon Network website or the Foxtel planner. I also could not find any info other than it was made as a prequel to a PS3 game.

I assume it's the 2'10" (each episode) shorts that are available on the Playstation Store. There are five available; a Wikipedia link here.

Edited by Tamworth_Tim

Anime movies on Foxtel October 07

THE PLACE PROMISED IN OUR EARLY DAYS WORLD MOVIES October 16, 17, 28, 29

In a not too distant future three friends attempt to reach a mythical tower.

STEAMBOY WORLD MOVIES October 16, 17, 26, 27

A lavish, fastpaced action adventure about a young boy caught in a deadly conflict.

Correction: For Pokemon fans, the Cartoon Network is having a marathon this weekend with Pokemon screening from 10.00 to 16.00 Sat & Sun and 7.00 to 17.30 + 20.00 on Monday

Edited by mddawson

Le Chevalier D'Eon will start on the 12th of November on the Cartoon Network.

It is a historical/horror series set is 18th century France and has alchemists creating zombies.

Coming to ABC2 in 2008 - Death Note ( http://deathnote.viz.com/ )

Light Yagami is an extremely intelligent young man who resents the crime and corruption in the world. His life undergoes a drastic change in the year 2003, when he discovers a mysterious notebook, known as the "Death Note", lying on the ground. The Death Note's instructions claim that if a human's name is written within it, that person shall die. Light is initially skeptical of the Death Note's authenticity, believing it is just a prank. However, after experimenting with it and killing two criminals, Light is forced to admit that the Death Note is real. After meeting with the previous owner of the Death Note, a shinigami named Ryuk, Light seeks to become "the God of the new world" by passing his judgment on criminals.

Soon, the number of inexplicable deaths of reported criminals catches the attention of the International Police Organization and a mysterious detective known only as "L". L quickly learns that the serial killer, dubbed by the public as "Kira" (derived from the Japanese pronunciation of the word "Killer"), is located in Japan. L also concludes that Kira can kill people without laying a finger on them. Light realizes that L will be his greatest nemesis, and a game of psychological cat and mouse between the two begins.

Edited by mddawson

Samurai Champloo SBS Sun 02.00

Patlabor 3 SBS Fri 14/12 00.15

Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade SBS Tue 18/12 00.55

hi, guess where i found?, i didn't realise there was so much anime on tv, can anyone help with channels for free to air. i knew there had to be a reason i purchased a HD tv. :D thankyou

Cartoon Network to drop anime block.

From: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/news/20...ts-from-wai-con

"Unfortunately there was sad news, Cartoon Network are discontinuing their late night Anime Block. The block will cease screening on the 1st of January, the decision was made entirely by Cartoon Network and Madman Entertainment are sad to hear this decision."

From next week the anime schedule during Adult Swim will be:

Bleach Mon + Tue 22.30

Eureka 7 Wed + Thu 22.30

Inu Yasha Tue-Fri 00.00

Both Air Gear and Le Chevalier D'Eon will be finishing up this week.

To confirm the last post - there will be no Adult Swim anime on the Cartoon Network in January. If you wish to complain you can email them here: contact.cn.au@turner.com

As of Jan 1 Cartoon Network will screen:

Dragon Ball Mon-Fri 06.00 + Tue-Sat 00.00

Dragon Ball Z Mon-Fri 06.30 + 23.30

Pokemon : Battle Frontier Mon-Fri 07.30 + Tue-Sat 00.30 (from the 14/1)

Naruto Mon-Fri 20.30

Also on Boomerang:

Astro Boy (1980) Mon-Fri 08.30 + 17.00 + 20.00 + 00.00 (from the 14-15/1)

Edited by mddawson

Some anime movies copming up on SBS:

Nausicaä Of The Valley Of The Winds (Kaze No Tani No Naushika) Thu 20/12 at 22.10

Howl's Moving Castle Tue 25/12 at 21.15

Laputa: Castle In The Sky (Tenko No Shiro Laputa) Thu 27/12 at 22.10

Kiki's Delivery Service Thu 3/1 at 22.15

Edited by mddawson

Unlikey, but anything is possible. You might find that Cartoon Network spawns another channel and puts the 'adult swim' type content on it.