Anime On Aussie Tv

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

porco rosso is a great movie i assure you will enjoy it

there was an anime on at around 1-2am a few nights ago on sbs but i fell asleep and didnt watch it

Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex SBS Sun at 01:35

Samurai Champloo SBS Sun at 02:05

Also starting this coming wednesday:

Naruto (season 3) Cartoon Network Mon-Fri 22.30

Edited by mddawson

• 5 weeks later...

hey everyone, just wondering if any of you know where I can find a list of anime films which have been shown on SBS over the past couple of years, It seems unrealistic I know but there are a few that I remember watching as a kid, but I forgot their titles, they were really great though and I am just trying to hunt them down.

hey everyone, just wondering if any of you know where I can find a list of anime films which have been shown on SBS over the past couple of years, It seems unrealistic I know but there are a few that I remember watching as a kid, but I forgot their titles, they were really great though and I am just trying to hunt them down.

From memory aside from the Ghibli movies listed above:

Jin-Roh

Boy Who Saw the Wind

Patalabor

Wings of Honneamise

Edited by mddawson

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Coming up on SBS

Appleseed SBS 22.50 03/03/2008

The Year is 2131. Only one sanctuary remains in the wasteland created by World War III: Olympus City. It is run by a massive supercomputer named Gaia which controls all functions of everyday life (lights, power, food, transit, city maintenance). The city is populated with humans and bioroids, a race of genetically engineered humans that can be programmed to do anything. There are some who see this as a threat to the human race, that the bioroids and Gaia have a secret agenda to eradicate the humans and dominate the planet.

Ghibli: The Miyazaki Temple SBS 13.50 15/03/2008

The documentary presents Japanese animated cinema through a journey into the universe of director Hayao Miyazaki and his Ghibli studio. Hayao Miyazaki is one of Japan's greatest animation directors. The entertaining plots, compelling characters and breathtaking animation in his films have earned him international renown from critics as well as both national and international recognition. Clips from Miyazaki's latest films, Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away and The Grave of the Fireflies, shows what has influenced Japanese animation over the years and what differentiates it from Western animation.

Spirited Away (Sen To Chihiro No Kamikakushi) SBS 21.30 23/03/2008

This film won numerous awards including the Best Animated Feature Academy Award, the Golden Bear at the Berlin Film Festival and the Best Film at the San Francisco Film Festival. Chihiro and her family are on their way to their new house in the suburbs, on their way, they stumble upon a tunnel and Chihiro's father decides it is a shortcut. They walk through and discover a place that looks like a deserted theme park and an open-air restaurant filled with food but with no workers or customers present. Directed by the legendary Hayao Miyazaki, voices by Daveigh Chase, and Suzanne Pleshette.

Edited by mddawson

Thanks yet again mddawson! :D

I would have had no idea there was an Anime on SBS tonight...

...It seems ABC2 has dropped its anime for the moment though... :(

Noien is being repeated midday Sundays, two episodes at a time.

Death Note is going to start in April, on ABC2.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late notice:

Naruto Cartoon Network 21.30-24.00 Sun (new episodes --- at least to Foxtel)

Bakugan Battle Brawlers 10 07.30 Mon-Fri (reportedly a Beyblade ripoff)

Perfect Blue SBS 00.50 Sat 12/4

Edited by mddawson

I was about to post Perfect Blue, but you beat me to it.

Samurai Champloo returns to SBS 01:40(AM) Tue 08/04.

...And if you count Battle Brawlers as watchable, you may as well include Chaotic (yet another 'Gotta Buy 'Em All' 30 minute advertainment) on Ten 07:00 Mon-Fri.

Edited by lameboyadvance

I was about to post Perfect Blue, but you beat me to it.

Samurai Champloo returns to SBS 01:40(AM) Tue 08/04.

...And if you count Battle Brawlers as watchable, you may as well include Chaotic (yet another 'Gotta Buy 'Em All' 30 minute advertainment) on Ten 07:00 Mon-Fri.

Except that Chaotic isn't Japanese. I saw a few moments of it where they ripoff Sliders and Stargate with the vortex tunnel as the characters enter the game.

Nooo i just missed death note :( . That anime is pretty cool. Wondering if it was subbed or dubbed?

Dubbed (I did not check for subs) but for some reason it was pillar & letter boxed (black bars on all sides).

Edited by mddawson

• 3 weeks later...

Anime movies of Foxtel May 2008

HOWL’S MOVING CASTLE SHOWTIME 6, 25

NARUTO THE MOVIE: NINJA CLASH IN LAND OF SNOW CARTOON NETWORK 23, 24

ONE PIECE: THE MOVIE CARTOON NETWORK 30, 31

PAPRIKA WORLD MOVIES 10, 11

Also of interest:

MAR: Marchen Awakens Romance Cartoon Network 06.00 Mon-Fri (a repeat of series 1 that was previously screened on Nickelodeon)

• 2 weeks later...