Panasonic 50" Th-50px70a Group Buy

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right o

Prices are in, extended warranty pricing is complete, delivery fee's are complete..

Give me some time to write it all up tonight after work and you'll all be smiling before you start snoring!

Ice_Magik

We have to thank you for your efforts in doing the shopping for us. It'll be interesting to see what the total number of TVs ordered are.

I would think the point of a bulk buy is to get a better price than one person can get on their own, even if you did get a very good price.

The point of listing that price is, if I on my own can get that, then the point of the group buy should be to do even better!

The point of listing that price is, if I on my own can get that, then the point of the group buy should be to do even better!

Your price is still the best anyone seems to have gotten. I think if we could match that we'd still be happy - as none of us would have to do any haggling. I spoke to another Retravision store, and they couldn't match your price - they claimed it was less than their buy price, and they have the same supplier as Epping. So your price is excellent - have you got delivery yet?

Wraith01, how much did you pay for extended warranty ? Delivery ?

Do you have the panel yet ?

50"PX70A for $2575 + $299 5yr warranty then $40 delivery.

Ordered Fri. 20/07/07 stated 3-4 weeks for delivery so have not got it as yet but for the price was happy as in no rush.

I you want PM your email and tonight at home i'll scan the reciept/purchase order form and send it.

50"PX70A for $2575 + $299 5yr warranty then $40 delivery.

Ordered Fri. 20/07/07 stated 3-4 weeks for delivery so have not got it as yet but for the price was happy as in no rush.

I you want PM your email and tonight at home i'll scan the reciept/purchase order form and send it.

Made in Japan or China?

Ice Magik are you insisting on Japanese Made?

Unfortunately i cannot say what we will receive.

The presumption is all stock on the water at the moment is Japanese.

From what i have been told, the Parts / glass is NOT made in china.

The parts are made in the Panasonic warehouse, and shipped to China for assembly as it works out cheaper....

How that works, i cannot say..

I am currently phoning Panasonic to clarify.

Hi Ice_Magik,

I'm sure I joined this forum years ago but I haven't posted since so I had to re-register. Anyway....

Can you put me down for a maybe for the TH-50PX700A.

Location - Shepparton, Victoria, 3630.

Thanks for your hard work.

From what I have been told, the 700A's are still being made in Japan.

As for the 70A, depending on which stores you go to the salespeople seem to have different stories. Current stock is made in Japan, but some people have mentioned that they received 70A's that were made in China. Meanwhile, stores i have asked say that it is just a rumour that they will be made in China from now on.

So who knows. All we know is that it is still a panasonic product so you should expect the same quality whether it is made in Japan or China.....(should expect....)

From what I have been told, the 700A's are still being made in Japan.

As for the 70A, depending on which stores you go to the salespeople seem to have different stories. Current stock is made in Japan, but some people have mentioned that they received 70A's that were made in China. Meanwhile, stores i have asked say that it is just a rumour that they will be made in China from now on.

So who knows. All we know is that it is still a panasonic product so you should expect the same quality whether it is made in Japan or China.....(should expect....)

DSE at Highpoint Vic had 2 x 70A on display last week with 2 different prices. When I asked why, the salesman said the Japanese built was better quality therefore higher price! His words, not mine

Made in Japan by Panasonic = Higher rates for workers. Higher Rates for land/rent/tax/everything. Higher price results.

Made in China by Panasonic = Lower rates for workers/land/tax/everything. Lower price results.

In the past they made the made in china model their low end product with a few less features to maintain the made in Japan models had more prestige while competing with the other brands lower costs (l.g/samsung).

The machines/robot's that make your T.V's are probably all built at the same place..... wonder how i could find that out?

Remember, there was a time when things made in Japan were looked down on.