Panasonic 50" Th-50px70a Group Buy

Right o

did some shoppig 2nite,

i've definately eliminated 3 of the major retailers!

i've had very good pricing so far, and i've got 2 prices outside of the eliminated 3 that are competing very very well, so well that if one of the prices is honored you'll all be wanting a 50px700a !!!!!!!

will keep you all updated

cheers

Ice_magik, I'm in for either a 50px70a or 700A. Adelaide, 5069.

adwbarker at gmail dot com

Best regards

Adam

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shapes, i'm not really willing to post prices on a public forum.

Reason being, i've been given the prices in good faith and asked not to reveal publicly what the pricing is.

Sunday night i will send everyone a pm of what pricing has been obtained.

The other people chasing pricing this weekend have been given a ball park figure to chase or beat.

If anyone is wanting to go chase down some figures, excellent ! go crazy, the more people we have chasing prices the better !

PM me if you have any problems with this.

ok thats fair enough. i guess PM would be the better way. :) i'll be chasing afew prices my self...good luck hunting every 1 :D

btw. pm sent

Ok ok ok

This list is growing by the minute

here's an update, if you see your name with incorrect info, please let me know and i'll update !

Definate

Ice_Magik - 50px700a - Vic, Melb,

Stucey - 50px700/70 - Vic, Melb,

shapes - TBC - Vic, Melb

Zacspeed - 50px70a - SA, Adelaide

Maybe

MrTypeR - 50px700a -

Silent Bob - TBC - Vic, Melb,

Pksw - TBC - Vic, Melb,

Squeeky007 - TBC - Vic, Melb

Mrmaxwell - TBC - NSW, Zetland

Lyle - TBC - WA, Perth

Dr. Smythe - 50px700a - NSW, North Syd

scott321 - px70/700a - Act, Canberra

HY001 - 50px70a -Vic, Melb

Tanktop - 50px700a - Vic, Melb

Aeon - TBC - NT, Darwin

Bertzz - 50px70/700a - QLD, Bris

Potsie webber - 42px - Vic, Melb

Superted - 50px700a X 2 - NSW

Craig Abbott - 42/50px70a - NSW

Natrap - 42px70a - NSW, Syd

Souljah adam - 50px700a - Vic, Melb

Slknv - 42/50px70/700a - Vic, Melb

Serpeant - 50px700a - SA, Adel

Slab - 50px70/700a - SA, Adel

Discostu - 50px70a - Vic, Melb

gundoggy - 50px700a - Albury/Wodonga

Hybridlux - 50px70/700a - QLD, Bris

TS1 - TBC - VIC, Melb

adamdeane - 50px70/700a - SA, Adel

Panhead - 50px70a - Nsw, Syd

bingk6 -50px70a - Nsw, syd

Mitcham Man - 50px70a - Sa, Adel

pd85773 - 50px70/700a - Sa, Adel

Tazman - 50px70/700a - tbc

Confirmed with Deposit

Panasonics are allways good brands.. and yes for screens like these.. Panasonic always been number 1 in the early 1990's for camcorders and so forth. I was looking at panasonic plasma but i quite just didnt like the frame at all specialy the bottom frame look like cheap. and the stand aswell. But im sure it is one of the best plasmas you could imagine

Good luck buying one of these.

Linda

xox

It looks like we might hit 50 units this group buy. If so this would give us very good buying power.

Without disclosing prices I would like to let everyone know that the best pricing seen for the 70a has been in the $2650-$2900 range, while the 700a has gone for low as $3050.

Anything better than these prices will be very sweet.

When it comes to putting down the money by Wednesday week, I'm sure the actual number of people will shrink from 50. We have to be careful setting up deals, when if we get a quote for say 50 units at $3050 that some people will still not be happy, and that we end up getting only 30 units. Then the price might be $3200 for 30 units, and some of those people may drop out, increasing the price again.

It will be essential for Ice Magik or whoever ends up organising the best deal to:

1. set a firm deadline - if deposit not made to the store in time, there is no extension possible

2. that no one handles money if possible - otherwise it could get ugly

3. clear definition on how to pay (cash/card), and whether interest free is possible

4. when getting quotes, ensure delivery and warranty options are also enquired about

Look if we can get a 700a for around $3050 then put me down as a maybe Ice Magik.

If someone can give me a brief rundown on how well a 700a would handle a PC input from a HTPC then I'll most definately be interested. Can it do 1:1 pixel map over HDMI? What would be the native res? What res would I be running? Would I have any overscan? Will it look awesome?

If someone can give me a brief rundown on how well a 700a would handle a PC input from a HTPC then I'll most definately be interested. Can it do 1:1 pixel map over HDMI? What would be the native res? What res would I be running? Would I have any overscan? Will it look awesome?

1360 x 768 is the closest you'll get if I remember what was mentioned in one of the other threads. The actual panel res is supposedly 1366 x 768 (but once again I'm no expert, someone will correct me if I'm wrong)

Hey Ice,

I got out to Bing Lee in the city today and we saw the 700A in action... very nice. That said, you can move me out of the maybes and into the definite list matey. They couldn't show me how it performed with HD content, but even with a DVD via a shared upscaling player, the [adjusted] picture was a beautiful thing.

Get out there folks - see it in action.

Cheers,

Doc.

p.s. I almost laughed my a$$ off when he quoted his best price... $3,700 - yeah, I'll be right back with my cheque book... jackass!

It looks like we might hit 50 units this group buy. If so this would give us very good buying power.

Without disclosing prices I would like to let everyone know that the best pricing seen for the 70a has been in the $2650-$2900 range, while the 700a has gone for low as $3050.

Anything better than these prices will be very sweet.

Bought my Pana 50" PX70a at Epping RetraVision in Melbourne Fri 20 July for $2575 + $299 5yr warranty + $40 delivery.

Awaiting delivery but have not seen or been able to get better price on day (tried 9 different stores + internet) or since ( I ask every electronics store I pass if $2575 can be beat,no one could even match that so far,so very happy with the deal).

If a group in Melbourne Epping Retravision may be worth a go if thay can offer this low price again??

Bought my Pana 50" PX70a at Epping RetraVision in Melbourne Fri 20 July for $2575 + $299 5yr warranty + $40 delivery.

Awaiting delivery but have not seen or been able to get better price on day (tried 9 different stores + internet) or since ( I ask every electronics store I pass if $2575 can be beat,no one could even match that so far,so very happy with the deal).

If a group in Melbourne Epping Retravision may be worth a go if thay can offer this low price again??

I would think the point of a bulk buy is to get a better price than one person can get on their own, even if you did get a very good price.

I would think the point of a bulk buy is to get a better price than one person can get on their own, even if you did get a very good price.

The group buy is to benefit many persons around the country. So if a fixed price could be done even at that price around several stores. Im sure many people will be grateful.