Panasonic 50" Th-50px70a Group Buy

Potsie

hahah i dont know how they could quote you those prices with a stright face! its higher then RRP posted on panasonic web site. there is quite a number of quotes gotten from myer on the 700a for $3200 1st quote.

Maybe you miunderstood.

RRP are $3849 (5070A) & $2749 (4270A) = $6598. I was quoted $4900 & $5100.

Anyway, probably leaning toward 700A now & looking forward to what Ice Magik comes up with.

Potsie

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no,

We don't want to start a Pioneer/Panasonic war here!!! :unsure:

Pioneer are obviously (at this stage) a better panel, and that is why you pay more for them, and people who are after the best are willing to pay that premium.

The Panasonic's are fantastic in their own right, and for most people, will more than meet their needs and requirements. Also they have amazing PQ and features at a price that is extremely hard to go past.

You're right, Ice has done fantastic work so for with the GB, and it's amazing how much interest has been generated within a couple of days.

By Monday, we will hopefully have the 'best' price locked in (for both 70A and 700A, and perhaps some 42' 70A'a??), and then can set the timeline for last orders, deposits etc....

No pnan/pio war from me. :)

I like the pana

I would have purchased a 700a in this BG, but the 507 has come down ridiculously in the last month and is almost in line with the 700a.

I bought a 507 last week :D

Ice_Magik,

Happy with the timeframes suggested, and you can move me up to VERY interested now for the 700a.

Someone else mentioned it previously, but when you obtain prices can you also ask about the possibility of interest free credit? I can go with a cash purchase but would prefer Int. Free if I can get a similar price.

I don't want to complicate the process, and I'm already very appreciative of the work you are doing for this group buy, but it would be interesting to see if they'll do interest free.

Thanks again,

Tanktop.

MR08, mind if i ask how much u paid for your 507 ?

Also, for those interested in Interest free, i can pretty much say now, that these prices will be for cash / credit card.....

Never know though, they might let us have a few interest free's in the group, will find out and let you know...

MR08, mind if i ask how much u paid for your 507 ?

Also, for those interested in Interest free, i can pretty much say now, that these prices will be for cash / credit card.....

Never know though, they might let us have a few interest free's in the group, will find out and let you know...

I ordered it from JB for 3590, but they couldn't guarantee that they would be able to get more in.

I settled for 3900 with 30 months interest free from HN.

I know you are going to get some great prices on the 700a, but I bought the 507 last Sunday - before your GB.

I might have thought differently if I had of waited.

From what i have been told, its not the end of the world to transport plasma's laying down...

So long as they are seated upright for a period of 24 hrs prior to being turned on, they should be fine.......

Personally, i wouldnt lay mine down, and i'd be Very upset to find out it was not upright during freight !

But honestly, no1 know's how they are sent from o'seas to here... and it gets pretty rough on those sea container ships!

1 thing, DO NOT move your plasma whilst it is on, unless you like the look of dead pixels !

Each individual will need to either visit the store, phone, or make a d/deposit.

I'll make up some sort of password / secret james bond thing to say to the relative salesman ! :lol:

Salesman : '' hello, Jeff from tvland speaking''

Person : ''Hi Jeff, i would like to order a batch of your best chickens please''

Salesman : '' sure thing, how many of my best chickens will you require''

Person : '' All of them Jeff, all of them. ''

LOL j/ks

I'm sure something like, my name is ****** im here / ringing to make payment / arrangements for the group buy of panasonics....

Surely something like that will be sufficient !

In no way will i be handling other people's money, not that i dont trust myself with it, but hell, were all pretty much strangers on here !

Im just organising things, i'll be receiving the same treatment and pricing that everyone receives !

Each individual will need to either visit the store, phone, or make a d/deposit.

I'll make up some sort of password / secret james bond thing to say to the relative salesman ! :lol:

Salesman : '' hello, Jeff from tvland speaking''

Person : ''Hi Jeff, i would like to order a batch of your best chickens please''

Salesman : '' sure thing, how many of my best chickens will you require''

Person : '' All of them Jeff, all of them. ''

LOL j/ks

I'm sure something like, my name is ****** im here / ringing to make payment / arrangements for the group buy of panasonics....

Surely something like that will be sufficient !

In no way will i be handling other people's money, not that i dont trust myself with it, but hell, were all pretty much strangers on here !

Im just organising things, i'll be receiving the same treatment and pricing that everyone receives !

just tell the sales man your 20+ cousins will be coming to put down the deposit.

natrap:

i think depends on the store we order from you interstate guys might have to pay for extra shipping.

Any idea what that might cost? I don't imagine it's cheap so it could wipe off whatever discount you're able to get.

I see we're only at 4 for NSW (5 TVs). If that gets higher I'd be happy to organise a separate buy in Sydney if it turns out the shipping from Melbourne is too expensive.

If we end up going through a store like Myer, a store that is not individually franchised, the price should hopefully remain the same, no matter what state you are in, so long as you are within Metro range of the capital city !

That being said, the store will do a national purchase, and get national pricing, so they will offer the same price / delivery fee to all metro areas as the tv will go to the store in your capital city ( hopefully i can get free delivery, considering the numbers were looking at )

I should have concrete info to give all interested parties this sunday night.

Including Pricing, Delivery information, availabilty of product, warranty information, payment options ( including where / when / who to make payment through )

Any idea what that might cost? I don't imagine it's cheap so it could wipe off whatever discount you're able to get.

Hey Natrap,

A basic (i.e. not express/o'night) interstate shipment of something like a TV through a retailer is not as much as you might think - e.g. I had looked at a couple of places in VIC and QLD online before this group buy came up and they were quoting between FREE and $50. - given the number of buyers in the group, the discount should more than cover this and then some.

Let's wait and see what our man Ice gets back with :)

I'm so keen I can barely sit still!

Cheers,

Doc.

Yeah that does surprise me Smythe. Good news though.

Just thinking if payments are separate the store can't be assured of numbers until everyone's paid up (unless deposits).

Don't forget to let us know where to send gratuities if it all goes ahead Ice :)

Just thinking if payments are separate the store can't be assured of numbers until everyone's paid up (unless deposits).

Place order through 1 store, maybe even a head office.

Once final payment date is reached, and payments completed, the order is then placed by the retailer to panasonic. ( unless stock is available at the time )

The order stipulates, 10 tvs to Melb, doncaster. 10 tv's to Sydney, Parramatta. 10 tv's to Adelaide, Glenelg.

Tv's arrive instore, the store then phones you ( the customer ) to arrange delivery time.

Delivery is made, you setup your tv, Happy bigscreen Viewing to be had !!

along those lines anyway !

Yeah that does surprise me Smythe. Good news though.

I figure it's because a lot of these places don't hold stock of these bigger ticket items, or much of it - so when it comes to shipping, it is all coming direct from the distribution centre of either that retailer, or the supplier itself.

Where the stock is coming from an internal distribution centre, the stores often have vehicles moving between stores and customers thanks to stock transfers, etc, so that is not really much of an additional cost to them, save for some cubic metres on said trucks. And where stock is being distributed directly from the supplier - the larger buyers would have arrangements in place for direct supply to the end users, or at the least, a reduced charge for direct supply.

[/supply chain stuff]

Cheers,

Doc.

Hi, first time post but have been reading this forum re the Panasonic 50" Plasmas. Really interested in the 700, but what to you think the chances are of a country store of the same retail chain being 'in' on the deal. I'm talking Albury-Wodonga. We have a few of the big ones (Myer, Harvey Norman) but not all. Thanks.

I'm a sure thing for the 70A provided the price is right and the shipping doesn't wipe out the saving. I'd also be interested in the 700A if it was cheap enough. I'm in Moorooka, Brisbane Post Code 4105.

Have you tried these guys? http://www.theelectricdiscounter.com.au/as...mp;class=visual They are pretty cheap on their advertised price.

Also Ice, can you email me on john@benjaminconstructions.com or PM me with the approximate prices you've been quoted so far? For some reason its not letting me PM/Email you.

John

Shapes, i'm not really willing to post prices on a public forum.

Reason being, i've been given the prices in good faith and asked not to reveal publicly what the pricing is.

Sunday night i will send everyone a pm of what pricing has been obtained.

The other people chasing pricing this weekend have been given a ball park figure to chase or beat.

If anyone is wanting to go chase down some figures, excellent ! go crazy, the more people we have chasing prices the better !

PM me if you have any problems with this.

Guest EZYHD
Ice Magik:

it would be good if you can post the prices you got so far. so others can go out this weekend and try to beat those quotes.

As said, its rare any GB prices are posted, its just not the done thing and keeps faith with selected supplier.