Panasonic 50" Th-50px70a Group Buy

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone explain the difference between the 70 & 700 to me?

I am looking at either of these as well as a 42" version for 2 of my family members

Essendon Vic

Hi Potsie,

Detail on this is in another Panasonic thread for the 2007 models in this post.

Also, you may like to note that the 700 is only available in Australia as a 50" model, so if your folks want the Pana plasma in a 42" it would need to be the 70A or 7A (base model).

Cheers,

Doc.

Can someone explain the difference between the 70 & 700 to me?

I am looking at either of these as well as a 42" version for 2 of my family members

Essendon Vic

700a

-better speakers

-extra hdmi slot

-sd memory card slot

the panel is the same. personally i have a good sound system and will be pluging a multimedia computer setup..so all those extras for $500 more isnt worth it for me.

42" model comes in 7a and 70a

50" model comes in 70a and 700a

700a has these features over the 70a

Pip

Better speakers

Front HDMI slot

Sd memory card slot

Anti-glare screen - Very good if you have a room with any glare! ( tv looks like a big lcd )

Swivel stand

IMO, the 700a looks a lot better than the 70a.........but you need to weigh up the price difference and see if its worth it for yourself !

Looking good so far. Possibly 20+ interested people at the moment. Everyone get out on the weekend and search for the best prices!! The power of numbers.

Is it possible to go straight through Panasonic in regards to a group buy, or still better/easier to go through whichever store is going to do the best deal?

Right o

did some shoppig 2nite,

i've definately eliminated 3 of the major retailers!

i've had very good pricing so far, and i've got 2 prices outside of the eliminated 3 that are competing very very well, so well that if one of the prices is honored you'll all be wanting a 50px700a !!!!!!!

will keep you all updated

cheers

42" is for grandparent TH-50PX70A will be fine

50" is for parents - no sound system. Are the speakers on the 700 THAT much better? No big deal having a 3rd HDMI although the PIP & swivel stand are pluses.

It's NOT a swivel stand.

Better bass and louder, but the sound on the 70A isn't bad.

700A+

Anti Glare coating

PIP

30w Speakers (over 21w) with 'wing' speakers

3rd HDMI (on front)

SD Card slot

Better looking

Interested in 1 x 50" 700a with extended warranty - paying cash.

Possibly have a friend interested in the same but may be forced to do interest free, so that might count him out?

Vic, 3825.

Cheers,

Adam.

Right o

did some shoppig 2nite,

i've definately eliminated 3 of the major retailers!

i've had very good pricing so far, and i've got 2 prices outside of the eliminated 3 that are competing very very well, so well that if one of the prices is honored you'll all be wanting a 50px700a !!!!!!!

will keep you all updated

cheers

I saw the 700a today. Looks better then the cheap faded looking 70a.

I am interested in 2x 700a + 1x (maybe 2) DMR-EX75 units

NSW 2260

70a looks faded?? i thought they use the same panel? i havent got time to check out both until the weekend. if its what you say it is then i;ll go for the 700a instead....

I've been in the market for a decent plasma the last couple of months, so put me in as a strong "probably" :) Interested in either a 42" 70A, or a 50" 70/700 - depending on final price.

My location; Mitcham Vic 3132.

Tim

Definate

Ice_Magik - 50px700a - Vic, Melb,

Stucey - 50px700/70 - Vic, Melb,

shapes - TBC - Vic, Melb

Maybe

MrTypeR - 50px700a -

Silent Bob - TBC - Vic, Melb,

Pksw - TBC - Vic, Melb,

Zacspeed - 50px70a - SA, Adelaide

Squeeky007 - TBC - Vic, Melb

Mrmaxwell - TBC - NSW, Zetland

Lyle - TBC - WA, Perth

Dr. Smythe - 50px700a - NSW, North Syd

scott321 - px70/700a - Act, Canberra

HY001 - 50px70a -Vic, Melb

Tanktop - 50px700a - Vic, Melb

Aeon - TBC - NT, Darwin

Bertzz - 50px70/700a - QLD, Bris

Potsie webber - 42px - Vic, Melb

Superted - 50px700a X 2 - NSW

Craig Abbott - 42/50px70a - NSW

Natrap - 42px70a - NSW, Syd

Souljah adam - 50px700a - Vic, Melb

Slknv - 42/50px70/700a - Vic, Melb

Serpeant - 50px700a - SA, Adel

Slab - 50px70/700a - SA, Adel

Discostu - 50px70a - Vic, Melb

gundoggy - 50px700a - Albury/Wodonga

Hybridlux - 50px70/700a - QLD, Bris

TS1 - TBC - VIC, Melb

Confirmed with Deposit

I think we need to also set a final date for people interested..

Alot of the people i have been getting quotes from have said come back the day before you want to order and i'll give you newer pricing, as the prices change all the time.........

I will have final pricing and details by Friday 10th

We will then need a YES or NO answer from people in writing via email by sunday the 12th.

Then have a final pay date of wednesday 15th, or do people require more time to get into the shop, maybe on a weekend ?

This will give people a further 9 full days to decide and prepare their $$ situations....

and another 3 days to either get to the store, or do some over the phone banking / internet banking / deposits ..

any suggestions to these dates or to the plans ? feedback ppls :D

any suggestions to these dates or to the plans ? feedback ppls :D

Hi Ice,

I have figured out that I will need to have my panel on or before the 25th of August... not sure how likely this is for the 50PX700A? Do we know about stock availability and/or likely delivery times as yet?

I spoke to Bing Lee Skygarden (Pitt St Mall, Sydney) late yesterday and they advised they had just received a 50PX700A and would be putting it up on display [last night]. I'll head in on Saturday sometime to check it out. Assuming it's a good looker, then I reckon you can move me to the definites list!

I'll update after I've seen it in person!

Cheers,

Doc.

put me in the definate list...either 70a or 700a. you should get prices for 20+ 30+ 40+. i'll look around and get quote on the weekends too then we can compare prices :). but usually with those kinna bulk buys alot of ppl would back out last min, so i wouldnt take the numbers here too seriously.

Potsie

hahah i dont know how they could quote you those prices with a stright face! its higher then RRP posted on panasonic web site. there is quite a number of quotes gotten from myer on the 700a for $3200 1st quote.

Shapes, i think the price he was quoted was for 2 tvs !

and if so he's done prett well...

Also, will compare pricing with you very soon, as i'll be going to another store 2nite, and 1 this sunday...

The place i will visit on sunday has me excited as i've already had a price over the phone!

Dr.Smythe, good stuff mate, will confirm your position on the list after you've seen the tv.

But i recon you'll be on the definates, as the tv is quite stunning ! imo looks better than the pioneers !

as the tv is quite stunning ! imo looks better than the pioneers !

The TV might look better than the pioneers, but its whats inside that counts :P

The pio's will win hands down every time on features and PQ. The Pana 700 is just a 70a in a prettier wrapper IMO.

Having said that you'd still be very happy with 70a or 700a :)

P.S. Ice_Magik I'm very impressed in your GB skills. I'd love to know the final pricings

Oh no,

We don't want to start a Pioneer/Panasonic war here!!! :unsure:

Pioneer are obviously (at this stage) a better panel, and that is why you pay more for them, and people who are after the best are willing to pay that premium.

The Panasonic's are fantastic in their own right, and for most people, will more than meet their needs and requirements. Also they have amazing PQ and features at a price that is extremely hard to go past.

You're right, Ice has done fantastic work so for with the GB, and it's amazing how much interest has been generated within a couple of days.

By Monday, we will hopefully have the 'best' price locked in (for both 70A and 700A, and perhaps some 42' 70A'a??), and then can set the timeline for last orders, deposits etc....