Panasonic 50" Th-50px70a Group Buy

As requested by Ice Magik - there were three people already interested in a group buy of 50" Panasonic plasma TVs:

Good stuff !

Looks like we have abit of interest anyways !

is any1 able to start up a group buy thread ?

looks like i cant because im a noob to this forum!

????

Zacspeed - Cool, we will need to stay intouch!

Stucey, im sure if we organised a group buy we could possibly arrange 700a and 70a models.....

Maz78 - Thanks for the heads up, mine would also be returned if it were made in china!

All those interested can discuss the topic here.

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all of those interested, can you please post up your state, city, suburb and postcode.

I will be purchasing a TV within the next month, Group buy or not, so i am in 100%

MrtypeR - Current pricing on 700A model is around $3200, although stock wont arrive for another 30 odd days.

For all of those interested, can you please post up your state, city, suburb and postcode.

I will be purchasing a TV within the next month, Group buy or not, so i am in 100%

MrtypeR - Current pricing on 700A model is around $3200, although stock wont arrive for another 30 odd days.

Count me in, Victoria, Melbourne, Mentone, 3194. I also plan on buying in the next couple of months regardless.

I'm planning on buying a TV very soon, but am tossing up between getting a 42" or a 50". At this stage I'm still leaning towards a 42". But if we can get a good enough price in Melbourne, I may be swayed to get the 50".

I'm close to the city, Melbourne - so it may be a good idea for all those from Melbourne to at least do all their purchasing together. We'd have a lot more pull on a salesman, if it was 3-4 TVs rather than just an individual. Imagine seeing four of us walk out off a shop, and about $12000 worth of sales gone!

I know everyone has a contact or mate who can get good prices, but maybe we can let this thing run for a week or two, and then find out who is a definate buyer, and then we can all check our contacts.

I'm planning on buying a TV very soon, but am tossing up between getting a 42" or a 50". At this stage I'm still leaning towards a 42". But if we can get a good enough price in Melbourne, I may be swayed to get the 50".

I'm close to the city, Melbourne - so it may be a good idea for all those from Melbourne to at least do all their purchasing together. We'd have a lot more pull on a salesman, if it was 3-4 TVs rather than just an individual. Imagine seeing four of us walk out off a shop, and about $12000 worth of sales gone!

I know everyone has a contact or mate who can get good prices, but maybe we can let this thing run for a week or two, and then find out who is a definate buyer, and then we can all check our contacts.

That's the plan mate !

I've already started discussions with retailers about this group buy, and are currently working on a price breakdown for numbers such as;

up to 5

up to 10

up to 15

and 15 +

Also getting pricing on Delivery, and Extended warranty!

By this weekends end, hopefully i will be able to share some accurate $ figures for those in the YES basket.

Also, im thinking, that when the final few days arrive for the people purchasing, we might work on a deposit basis.

By that i mean the deposit goes straight to the shop we are purchasing from, so they at least know we are definate on purchasing and they can also confirm numbers !

I'll find out which is the best way to go about it from the supplier.

Being the internet, its easy to say yes i'm in, and at the last second pull out of the deal....

I would hate to organise with a supplier, and go through the whole process if we end up only having a few people actually purchase, which would mean a higher price for those purchasing, not to mention a very let down sales person!

I will use this post as a confirmation post to see who's in and who's considering.

PM me and i will add you to the Definate or Maybe basket !

Definate

Ice_Magik - 50px700a - Vic, Melb,

Stucey - 50px700/70 - Vic, Melb,

Maybe

MrTypeR - 50px700a -

Silent Bob - TBC - Vic, Melb,

Pksw - TBC - Vic, Melb,

Zacspeed - 50px70a - SA, Adelaide

shapes - TBC - Vic, Melb

Squeeky007 - TBC - Vic, Melb

Mrmaxwell - TBC - NSW, Zetland

Lyle - TBC - WA, Perth

Dr. Smythe - 50px700a - NSW, North Syd

Confirmed with Deposit

Stock is due on the 6/8 as far as I know.

had to make a new post, old one wont let me update...

Definate

Maybe

MrTypeR - 50px700a -

Pksw - TBC - Vic, Melb,

shapes - TBC - Vic, Melb

Lyle - TBC - WA, Perth

scott321 - px70/700a - Act, Canberra

HY001 - 50px70a -Vic, Melb

Tanktop - 50px700a - Vic, Melb

Aeon - TBC - NT, Darwin

Bertzz - 50px70/700a - QLD, Bris

Potsie webber - 42px - Vic, Melb

Superted - 50px700a X 2 - NSW

Craig Abbott - 42/50px70a - NSW

Natrap - 42px70a - NSW, Syd

Confirmed with Deposit

Guest HY001
had to make a new post, old one wont let me update...

Definate

Maybe

MrTypeR - 50px700a -

Pksw - TBC - Vic, Melb,

shapes - TBC - Vic, Melb

Lyle - TBC - WA, Perth

scott321 - px70/700a - Act, Canberra

Confirmed with Deposit

I'm a maybe (depending on price) for a 70A !

HY001 - 50px70a, Melb, VIC

Cheers, H

Edited by HY001

Same with most of us here Shapes !

But the way things are looking, were getting some very very keen interest, so stay tuned and hang in there with us !

i'll be stopping off at a store where a dtv member works 2nite....see how we go for deals!

will update later 2nite

I am interested too. Either 70 or 700 depending on price. Also not keen on 70 if its the China made one. Location Brisbane, so if delivery from Pana direct is possible that would work. Please PM me when you have pricing.