• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pricing, confirmed as follows.

$5299 RRP on the 50" 1366x768 Kuro.

$7995.00 RRP on the 50" 1920x1080 Kuro.

$9995 RRP on the 60" 1920x1080 Kuro.

Start saving fellow Pioneer fans!!!!!!

If that is true and considering street is less I would be interested in the 60". Did you also get the release dates? Group Buy :)

If that is true and considering street is less I would be interested in the 60". Did you also get the release dates? Group Buy :)

Mmm, a group buy does sound interesting on the 60" if the street price is right.

I'm not greedy, a 50" is fine for my room. Sitting at 2.4m from the screen i shouldn't miss any of the 1080p goodness.

After seeing the 1080p KURO's in the flesh last Monday, they can't arrive soon enough! "best.........panel.........ever"

I'm not greedy, a 50" is fine for my room. Sitting at 2.4m from the screen i shouldn't miss any of the 1080p goodness.

Sorry to burst your bubble but yes you will, although it’s debatable if the loss is very significant.

If you want to see 1920x1080 resolution, move your seat forward to about 2.1 meters or buy the 60”.

If you must sit 2.4 meters back from a 50”, the 768p model would be an option, as you wont notice the extra screen res for video on the 1080 50” from that distance.

Pricing, confirmed as follows.

$5299 RRP on the 50" 1366x768 Kuro.

$7995 RRP on the 50" 1920x1080 Kuro.

$9995 RRP on the 60" 1920x1080 Kuro.

Start saving fellow Pioneer fans!!!!!!

Yep i cant wait, lets hope there is enough people for a group buy and the price is right, iam in for a 60" Is 3-4 m fine for viewing a 60? Lets hope so or ill be knocking down the wall.

Yep i cant wait, lets hope there is enough people for a group buy and the price is right, iam in for a 60" Is 3-4 m fine for viewing a 60? Lets hope so or ill be knocking down the wall.

60” is small at 3 meters and very small at 4.

At 4 meters 1080 res would be a waste of time on a 60”.

very much your subjective personal opinion.

I dont agree.

Why is it that all available scientific data does agree with me?

Maybe you should get onto the researchers who developed the human visual acuity model and tell them they don’t know what they are doing?

I have tested my visual acuity using 1:1 mapped PC generated resolution test patterns on various screens ranging from small PC LCD monitors to my 70” 1920x1080 display and the results match the model almost exactly.

Obviously some people will have better then average vision and will be able to see higher resolutions then the model predicts for screen size and viewing distance, but the majority of people cant.

Video from any source never has full 1920x1080 “visible” resolution anyway, so the difference in visible resolution between a 1920x1080 and a 1366x768 display of the same size and quality is less significant then most people expect.

I suggest that people go and compare the 768p 50” side by side with the 1080p 50” at 2.4 meters ( or whatever viewing distance they will use) using the exact same video source and make their own judgment on the issue.

Video from any source never has full 1920x1080 “visible” resolution anyway, so the difference in visible resolution between a 1920x1080 and a 1366x768 display of the same size and quality is less significant then most people expect.

Including HD-DVD & Blu-Ray?

cheers laurie

Owen,

When it comes to knowledge, facts and research. Scientific data has nothing to do with anything when it comes to the customer vs salesman factor.

People will spend money on stuff becasue they think its better and necessary for them. Wank factor as ive said before on here seems to be in large the main reason for it.

No one cares that 1080p is only of value if you sit close enough to be able to see the extra detail and only on the small percentage of the time there is that extra detail there to be able to distinguish.

In the end you can only tell people so much, the rest is up to them.

Maybe you should get onto the researchers who developed the human visual acuity model and tell them they don’t know what they are doing?

I have tested my visual acuity using 1:1 mapped PC generated resolution test patterns on various screens ranging from small PC LCD monitors to my 70” 1920x1080 display and the results match the model almost exactly.

Obviously some people will have better then average vision and will be able to see higher resolutions then the model predicts for screen size and viewing distance, but the majority of people cant.

I suggest that people go and compare the 768p 50” side by side with the 1080p 50” at 2.4 meters ( or whatever viewing distance they will use) using the exact same video source and make their own judgment on the issue.

Lets try and stay on the topic here which is the Pioneer 8th gen screens, if you want to have a debate on screen sizes and res then make a new thread for it.

Olay now back to the new 8th gen, initial shipments wont be large so you will probably struggle with a group buy and discounts in general initially, may need to wait a bit on that one. Personally I'll be taking the first one off the container :D

Including HD-DVD & Blu-Ray?

cheers laurie

Yep, just because there are 1920x1080 pixels in the video does NOT mean there is 1920x1080 visible resolution, and the same applies to other lower res video formats as well.

Owen,

When it comes to knowledge, facts and research. Scientific data has nothing to do with anything when it comes to the customer vs salesman factor.

People will spend money on stuff becasue they think its better and necessary for them. Wank factor as ive said before on here seems to be in large the main reason for it.

No one cares that 1080p is only of value if you sit close enough to be able to see the extra detail and only on the small percentage of the time there is that extra detail there to be able to distinguish.

Very true mate.

Lets try and stay on the topic here which is the Pioneer 8th gen screens, if you want to have a debate on screen sizes and res then make a new thread for it.

Olay now back to the new 8th gen, initial shipments wont be large so you will probably struggle with a group buy and discounts in general initially, may need to wait a bit on that one. Personally I'll be taking the first one off the container :D

who says i'm going to take that container off the ship for you :P

Owen,

So that I'm not mislead and read it the wrong way are you saying if someone buys a Pioneer 50" or 60" and watches it back at +4 meters is buying it on wank factor!!

cheers laurie

So that I'm not mislead and read it the wrong way are you saying if someone buys a Pioneer 50" or 60" and watches it back at +4 meters is buying it on wank factor!!

cheers laurie

and i thought i was only eating at the dining table while watching it :wub: ............................thats about 6 metres

Edited by chatswood63

because this statement of yours is niether scintific data, it is your own personal subjective opinion. as is someone with a 100" screen saying your 70" is a piss ant piddly sized thing

60” is small at 3 meters and very small at 4.

~

as is this statement of yours, as per laurie even check out a hd-dvd or blu-ray on even a 50" 1080p at 4m

~

At 4 meters 1080 res would be a waste of time on a 60”.

it certaily looks better to me than on the pio non 1080 screen.

lets get this thread back on line. the 1080 line panels I've seen are certainly worth it. especially fed of the new hi-def formats look bloody sensational !