Philips 32ta2800

Guest emaydubya
Good news as Philips have a 3 year warranty and excellent after sales support. Just call them and they will fix it on site

I do believe ours only had a 1yr warranty. I will double check this however.

BTW. Rather than just dump it in the back room, I took the back off it and mounted an 800mm fan very close to the unit so it blows air at the circuitry continuously . This seems to keep it alive but is not ideal. I need a hot day to test it all day. It really is a heat problem which I doubt can be 'fixed'. I still wish we got a different one.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do believe ours only had a 1yr warranty. I will double check this however.

BTW. Rather than just dump it in the back room, I took the back off it and mounted an 800mm fan very close to the unit so it blows air at the circuitry continuously . This seems to keep it alive but is not ideal. I need a hot day to test it all day. It really is a heat problem which I doubt can be 'fixed'. I still wish we got a different one.

i think you are right phillips went back and forth with there warranty in the last 3 years of selling tvs here

Guest emaydubya
i think you are right phillips went back and forth with there warranty in the last 3 years of selling tvs here

Yep. One year as in the Guarantee leaflet.

Looks like I'll have to try mounting my fan by cutting a large hole in the back of the plastic casing. Cheaper than a new tv. The fan was $8.

Now our damn kettle has gone on the blink... Ya can't win.

/END...