Post Your 2-channel System

On 13/06/2019 at 12:41 PM, MP0001 said:

I find lemonade & orange more suitable than Cola due to their differing densities matching better with the left/right weight distribution of the equipment. Cola can's do not stack with any stability so they are okay for cable management.  

I think if you try some Asahi Superdry in the 500ml cans you'll be pleasanty surprised with the sounds improvement! 

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...

Bedroom setup:

300B tube Class A amp, bliss.

Klipsch RP-150M, need efficient for the tubes.

B&W ASW608, gotta have bass.

MiniDSP HD to integrate the sub w/ the speakers.

Yamaha WXC-50, it's 12v trigger switches everything on.

20180326_204244.jpg

• Like 9

New Canton A 35's, Vincent SV 237 and Audiolab m dac+ An acquaintance on e-bay suggested SNA with a word of caution 3 years ago. 3 integrateds, 3 pairs of speakers and 4 dacs later here we are. I'm confident this system will see me thru this life and into the next. Yeah, right.15748951882321714364982.thumb.jpg.9bc07190a1aca10ea0af8d3daf355f76.jpg

• Like 6

Modest by Hi-Fi standards, but my 2 channel rig consists of:

A&K Ak100 MkII,

Marantz CD5005,

Schitt Saga Tube Pre-Amp,

Emotiva XPA2 Gen3,

Schitt Loki EQ,

Q Acoustics 3050i,

Van Den Hul interconnects and speaker cable.

On 28/11/2019 at 9:10 AM, djmt said:

New Canton A 35's, Vincent SV 237 and Audiolab m dac+ An acquaintance on e-bay suggested SNA with a word of caution 3 years ago. 3 integrateds, 3 pairs of speakers and 4 dacs later here we are. I'm confident this system will see me thru this life and into the next. Yeah, right.

What do the Cantons sound like? Always liked that brand - had some bookshelf speakers from them ages ago and they were great value.

On 03/12/2019 at 3:18 PM, bjs said:

What do the Cantons sound like? Always liked that brand - had some bookshelf speakers from them ages ago and they were great value.

B. I'm very happy with them. They're German all the way, detailed, fast, a bit on the cool side and extremely well built. They have a real presence about them without being forward. God, I've read too many hifi mags.  At the asking price it would be more of a competition but the discount made them a great buy.

Edited by djmt
Grammar
  • Like 1

On 15/06/2019 at 2:31 PM, tamarasue said:

I have

Ipod Classic

Wadia 171 Dock
Schiit Bifrost Multibit DAC

Arcam AVR360 Reciever
Arcam FJM P38 Amp
Krix Esoterix Speakers
Wireworld Interconnect Cables  Nirvana Speaker Cables

20190615_141704.jpg

Good to see a pair of Esoterix there, I love my pair albeit they don't get used as much as id like :(

• Like 1

On 25/04/2019 at 7:59 AM, Cigar nuke said:

That’s a hard one for me Secoman for a few reasons. I bought the systems about 6 years ago, and since then it is all Imhave listened to. (I have 802s downstairs with the HTm1 centre but that is a cinema set up and I don’t listen to music there much). I’m also no wordsmith or “listening expert”, but I will try...

When I auditioned them I had been all over town and tried everything but nothing prepared me for what I heard with these - the detail and the soundstage are the two most impressive features I believe. Together this makes for such enjoyable listening Imnever tire of it. I listen to music now I would normally never listen to and now enjoy most genres of music (except perhaps chamber music!). Modern blues and modern jazz are my favoritires and I usually listen to my Klimax streaming directly via Ethernet from my NAS using Roon now.

For a real serious session of listening I will take of the grilled and break out the vinyl. The clearaudio is a masterpiece to look at, and sounds as it looks. It adds a warmth to the detail and even greater soundstage. Yellow submarine by the Beatles is a song I have always not liked, and not understood, but on the Clearaudio makes total sense. The soundstage created with waves rolling in front of you and voices coming from the distance is incredible and a showstopper for most guests. It is how it was supposed to be heard...The Clearaudio turned my Mothe-in-law into an Elton John fan (Yellow Brick Road). The TT with its floating platter is completely silent. I clean all my vinyl carefully with my okki Nokki (you can see in right cnr) and shoot it with the Zerostat. No one can believe I’m playing vinyl as it sounds so ‘clean’ with dead silent space...

I have never tired of my system and listen every day. I am a BW fan however, now owning 805s as well, and a car full of BW speakers. The Nemo is the best match for the 800s I believe and as the story goes were made for them (Nemo drives the Nautilus). The Clearaudio is so beautiful and sounds magnificent. This are three pieces I will never sell...

That’s. Very impressive set up and listening room!

Filled with natural light and great space to the side walls and listening position. 

I enjoyed your description of your listening experience. I agree that been more emotionally involved in the track is the best way to know if the system and room is working for your ears. 

Thanks sharing. 

Something for me to aspire to. 

Cheers 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Guzz, looks like you are a fan of Nah. Do you have her Lento album (Korean version CD)? This CD contains total 12 tracks instead of 11 with extra track on #8 (a Korean) which is only available in Korean CD. She executes it brilliantly and I am sure you will love that song even though she sings in Korean.

1 minute ago, vinilink said:

Guzz, looks like you are a fan of Nah. Do you have her Lento album (Korean version CD)? This CD contains total 12 tracks instead of 11 with extra track on #8 (a Korean) which is only available in Korean CD. She executes it brilliantly and I am sure you will love that song even though she sings in Korean.

Vini,

I do like "Nah" I have "Voyage" (special ed LP) and "She Moves", "Lento" and "Immersion" on LP, plus "Same Girl" on CD. I do prefer her work on Vinyl.....

https://www.younsunnah.com/discography/

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Guzzista said:

Vini,

I do like "Nah" I have "Voyage" (special ed LP) and "She Moves", "Lento" and "Immersion" on LP, plus "Same Girl" on CD. I do prefer her work on Vinyl.....

https://www.younsunnah.com/discography/

I go to Korea quite often, I will try to catch her on live concert if timing is good as I have missed her concert last year Dec in Korea. Same time, I will try to get hold of her records on vinyl. 

• Love 1

Just now, vinilink said:

I go to Korea quite often, I will try to catch her on live concert if timing is good as I have missed her concert last year Dec in Korea. Same time, I will try to get hold of her records on vinyl. 

I bought a few Nah's LP's in Hong Kong when I was at the HI Fi show in August last year, looks like my friend at Duntech is dragging me there again this year so I will have a "shopping list" this time. ?

• Like 1

I consider it low-mid end stuff but it is my hi-fi and I like it a-lot.

NAD C316BEE Amplifier

NAD C515BEE CD player, which is currently the best sounding source I have and have ever listened to, currently hooked up with audioquest tower RCAs.

Pro-ject Essential II turntable, using my amps built in phono pre and upgraded with a simple cork mat.

Wharfedale Diamond 11.2 Loudspeakers, got them 2 days ago so they're still breaking in, but so far to me they sound excellent.

20200214_183810.jpg

Edited by ClipGlass

4 hours ago, ClipGlass said:

I consider it low-mid end stuff but it is my hi-fi and I like it a-lot.

NAD C316BEE Amplifier

NAD C515BEE CD player, which is currently the best sounding source I have and have ever listened to, currently hooked up with audioquest tower RCAs.

Pro-ject Essential II turntable, using my amps built in phono pre and upgraded with a simple cork mat.

Wharfedale Diamond 11.2 Loudspeakers, got them 2 days ago so they're still breaking in, but so far to me they sound excellent.

20200214_183810.jpg

As long as you are happy with the system, that's all that matters! 

Edited by vinilink

• 4 weeks later...