Post Your 2-channel System

This system sounds absolutely magnificent since redoing the crossovers in the Oatlon W2-1000F (Klipsch KG5.5 inspired) speakers.

It's my second system though I think I prefer it to my main system upstairs. Still,  I don't really want a tube system as the daily driver :)

2 Channel

PhotoPictureResizer_190522_122747989_crop_3819x2916-2864x2187.thumb.jpg.4373bcb8a3f59c31439c802f90610088.jpg

HT, Karaoke &  Guitar 

IMG_20190522_123332-3024x2268.thumb.jpg.b987919fedfbe360539c6c097f6f0ed0.jpg

Crossovers wired point to point with Obbligato and Mundorf SIO caps,  Dueland wire and Mundorf inductors.  Pretty spectacular result.

Edited by MattyW
  • Like 11

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Muon N'

Basic, and the TV is not part of the sound system....looked prettier when I had a TT, but It's doing t1251472772_SystemCD.jpg.6536a08efa1ef246a5e45c107f4a89e4.jpghe job well enough.

14 minutes ago, Muon N' said:

Basic, and the TV is not part of the sound system....looked prettier when I had a TT, but It's doing t1251472772_SystemCD.jpg.6536a08efa1ef246a5e45c107f4a89e4.jpghe job well enough.

My big Oatlons sounded great in your system too Ian after you rebuilt the crossovers. I'm keeping those speakers forever.  They sound too good not to. ;)

That and since the crossover rebuild my wife loves them. The only thing doesn't is my back. Damn they're heavy!

Edited by MattyW

Guest Muon N'
17 hours ago, MattyW said:

My big Oatlons sounded great in your system too Ian :)

They did sound nice, maybe a bit over the top for my smaller space though.

And the neighbours! xD :thumb:

2 minutes ago, Muon N' said:

They did sound nice, maybe a bit over the top for my smaller space though.

And the neighbours! xD :thumb:

Mmmm, maybe but space is overrated..... Neighbors can be replaced....  ?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KRSDarwin said:

Just acquired Bewitch tube amp playing Oppo UDP through Paradigm Studio 100s. 

image.jpg

A valve power amp in Darwin - some like it hot!

BTW a lovely neat looking set up you have.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, KRSDarwin said:

Just acquired Bewitch tube amp playing Oppo UDP through Paradigm Studio 100s

How are you liking the "Bewitch" ? 

I'm actually shopping for a pre, but any impressions about Bewitch overall are rather few and far between.
cheers
David T

Hi David,

I posted my initial experience in the “ Show us your tubes” thread in the “Stereo amplifiers and pre-amplifiers” topics.  Unfortunately I don’t have the skills to link it for you.   Suffice to say has been excellent, currently enjoying Rodrigo Y Gabriela Live in Japan. 

There is magic in them there tubes, especially at night.

• Like 1

Those Tannoys look killer. Neat setup 

Edit: how's the vincent hybrid pre?

I love the Vincent, they are a well kept secret in audio [emoji106]. It’s a stepping stone to a nice Mac preamp sometime :)
  • Like 1

On 23/05/2019 at 3:36 PM, MattyW said:

This system sounds absolutely magnificent since redoing the crossovers in the Oatlon W2-1000F (Klipsch KG5.5 inspired) speakers.

It's my second system though I think I prefer it to my main system upstairs. Still,  I don't really want a tube system as the daily driver :)

2 Channel

PhotoPictureResizer_190522_122747989_crop_3819x2916-2864x2187.thumb.jpg.4373bcb8a3f59c31439c802f90610088.jpg

HT, Karaoke &  Guitar 

IMG_20190522_123332-3024x2268.thumb.jpg.b987919fedfbe360539c6c097f6f0ed0.jpg

Crossovers wired point to point with Obbligato and Mundorf SIO caps,  Dueland wire and Mundorf inductors.  Pretty spectacular result.

Cool setup. 

Offtopic, how do you keep that schnauzer beard so white?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Monster11 said:

Cool setup. 

Offtopic, how do you keep that schnauzer beard so white?

Haha,  he's not purebred.  He's a Chonza so half miniuture schnauzer and half bichon frise. His fur is a lot softer than a purebred schnauzer. He's a bit of a fussy eater, and knows not to get too dirty or he'll get brushed more than once a day, or bathed more than once a fortnight.  Both things he hates.

12 hours ago, MattyW said:

Haha,  he's not purebred.  He's a Chonza so half miniuture schnauzer and half bichon frise. His fur is a lot softer than a purebred schnauzer. He's a bit of a fussy eater, and knows not to get too dirty or he'll get brushed more than once a day, or bathed more than once a fortnight.  Both things he hates.

Ah cool. Thanks. He is a very good looking boy. 

XS2 & CD6006.

Ignore the 5.1 system in the middle, it's not connected to the 2ch amp or CD.

I find lemonade & orange more suitable than Cola due to their differing densities matching better with the left/right weight distribution of the equipment. Cola can's do not stack with any stability so they are okay for cable management. 

XS2 & CD6006. Saving for my dream speakers ... and a decent rack.

IMG_4221.jpg

IMG_4222.jpg

• Like 1