Sign in to follow this  
eddieaus

New Sony V300 Is In Store Now!

I know its hard to see the quality from a photo of a TV but is someone able to show the output from the TV when its running any of the following

- 480p for example a Wii (via component)

- 576p for example a standard definition digital tv broadcast (via component or hdmi)

- a dvd played in a non-scaling dvd player (via component or hdmi)

- a downloaded tv episode 350mb rip (via component or hdmi or vga)

- a downloaded tv episode 700mb rip (via component or hdmi or vga)

Ive been into Sony central but all they had playing through it was 720p HDTV loops and 1080i from a Blu-Ray player.

Anyone bought one today from Sony Central Melb at 20% off?

Wondering what's the best price we can get for the 5 yr warranty + HD STB.

i will head down to the city store at lunchtime happy to get prices I am hoping they have a good deal on the v2000 as I really want a built in HD tuner

Anyone bought one today from Sony Central Melb at 20% off?

Wondering what's the best price we can get for the 5 yr warranty + HD STB.

I'm interested in exactly this, 40" v300, 5 yr warranty and hd stb. I'll be going midday Saturday so if anyone goes earlier please post :)

I'm interested in exactly this, 40" v300, 5 yr warranty and hd stb. I'll be going midday Saturday so if anyone goes earlier please post :)

Ok guys,

Bought mine already !

1599 + 199 5 yr warranty + 199 HD STB

wouldn't budge any lower. They say TVs are going at cost price.

Well, overall very happy to get a Sony 40" at $2k.

Ok guys,

Bought mine already !

1599 + 199 5 yr warranty + 199 HD STB

wouldn't budge any lower. They say TVs are going at cost price.

Well, overall very happy to get a Sony 40" at $2k.

Not cost, but relatively close, I picked mine up today for $1444 direct from Sony.

Not cost, but relatively close, I picked mine up today for $1444 direct from Sony.

I would expect things to be a little more expensive in SA but.. I can't get a single quote lower then $1899..

I guess this is over the phone.. I'll physically get the cash and walk into the stores.

I would expect things to be a little more expensive in SA but.. I can't get a single quote lower then $1899..

I guess this is over the phone.. I'll physically get the cash and walk into the stores.

i bought mine at the good guys in Mile End for $1710. speak to Nicholas, he'll give you this price.

jsut got back melb city have sold out of the 40 inch v300's still have the 32 inchers... Had a look at the V2000 but the discount is off the web rrp of $2399 so it comes to $1919, and it is marked in store at $1999.. so a bit of a con, and disappointed with the picture as well the new Panny 700A looks much better. But if you can go without the HD Tuner the V300 is a good price. set top box as quoted is $199.

I just visited the Melb City store - they sold out at 10am today. Not expecting more stock for about a month! The salesman said that Prahran was also out of stock too.

I almost got away with paying the discount price now and picking up whenever they get new stock. The salesman said OK but just before putting it through the computer he double checked with his manager who said the discount only applied to in-stock goods.

Damn! :( Oh well...

A good alternative for Melbourne folk is Camera World, who offer free delivery for Bravia TVs:

http://www.cameraworld.com.au/Cameraworld_...CD_TV_s/124.htm

40" $1799

32" $1349

I don't need one for a few weeks so might just wait and see what happens when JB-HiFi and co start flogging them.

Oh yeah one more thing - The sony central manger claimed that they were losing $40 on each KLV40V300 at $1599. I doubt it...

who was the salesman wheel.

con job on the 32 inch v2000 only $80 off the in store price, but they and Prahran still have a few left.

but the 40 inch v300 was a good deal... he mentioned they were also selling them yesterday maybe there was another staff only deal?

who was the salesman wheel.

con job on the 32 inch v2000 only $80 off the in store price, but they and Prahran still have a few left.

but the 40 inch v300 was a good deal... he mentioned they were also selling them yesterday maybe there was another staff only deal?

Salesman that almost let me have the V300 for $1599 had short dark hair, looked about 22 years old and quite tall, I think wearing a white shirt.

The manager that said no was a larger build, had a darker blue shirt on and was probably about 30 yo.

Hey all, im new here, great site by the way. Just a quick comment on cameraworld, I was told they are out of stock (as of around 3:30 today), and arent expecting new stock till late August. Worse part is, I cant find any stores with this panel anywhere ;(

Anyone know where I can still get one in Vic?

---OFF TOPIC---

Sorry for posting this question in here, but I am not allowed to start a new topic yet, as I have only just joined this forum. I have a budget of 2k even, and am after a great tv. This tv will be used for gaming aswell as watching tv (mostly austar). Now I have been told that this TV will not be sold when the new series comes out later this year, and that the next shipment (apparently september/late august) will most likely be the last.

Being that im looking to get my ps3 in early august, do you guys think I should wait it out, or look to a current tv.

Edited by krazyboris

Hey all, im new here, great site by the way. Just a quick comment on cameraworld, I was told they are out of stock (as of around 3:30 today), and arent expecting new stock till late August. Worse part is, I cant find any stores with this panel anywhere ;(

Anyone know where I can still get one in Vic?

I've just got mine home and am in the process of setting it up. It's a beautiful thing :)

Using it as my computer monitor at the moment, and can easily sit 1.5 - 2 metres away without my glasses on. And in Vista MCE it is just pure bliss. Better than my old CRT anyway.

After I've played around with it a bit more and got the optimal setup I'll provide a little more detail, but it is certainly worth the money I paid for it.

Thats absolutely incredible. what do you have to do to get that price. ?

How do you buy direct. I'd pick one up right now at that price. dgaust, can you let us know how you go about gettin this tele for $1444. Id luv to jump on the band wagon.

thanks

Anyone know where I can find one of these in Sydney, been calling JB's and Good Guys and can't locate one... :(

Anyone know where I can find one of these in Sydney, been calling JB's and Good Guys and can't locate one... :(

Anybody know of where they can be purchased in Perth and at what cost?

FG

sony Central in Sydney advertised them at $1999 including the Sony HD box and the HDMI cable. Might start there.

called the city store, they don't have stock and won't until Aug

Just placed an order at Sony Central in Sydney. Being Delivered Tuesday. Paid $1999 with the Sony HD Box & HDMI cable, plsu $159 for 5 year wty.

They said apparently they have quite a large amount of stock ready to go,

Thats absolutely incredible. what do you have to do to get that price. ?

How do you buy direct. I'd pick one up right now at that price. dgaust, can you let us know how you go about gettin this tele for $1444. Id luv to jump on the band wagon.

thanks

It's not a price that would be available unless you work, or know someone who works, for Sony.

I only posted the price I got it for because salespeople are telling customers they are selling them for cost.

I don't work for Sony, so I'm not being biased, but they are a very very good TV.

So that $1444 might be a staff internal price. So getting that price from a store would be highly unlikely.

Just placed an order at Sony Central in Sydney. Being Delivered Tuesday. Paid $1999 with the Sony HD Box & HDMI cable, plsu $159 for 5 year wty.

They said apparently they have quite a large amount of stock ready to go,

who did you speak with, what did you pay for the TV itself?

who did you speak with, what did you pay for the TV itself?

Docket has "you were served by Shankar" - he was a maylasian or maybe indian looking guy. The TV isnt priced indivudually. Its got $1999 with the TV, STB and cable listed as a pack.

hope that helps