Sign in to follow this  
eddieaus

New Sony V300 Is In Store Now!

I am considering this TV for connection to media PC. Does anyone know if the HDMI connection can sync at 50Hz (ie 720p 50Hz, or 1080i 50Hz)?

Thanks

I don't yet, but when I get mine in a day or two I will be severely playing with such timings for my HTPC. I'll post my results.

For those that are interested, Sony Central in Melbourne are having a staff, family and friends sale on Fri 20 and Sat 21 July only.

Bravia's are all 20% off. ie the 40" V300 rrp is $1999 - with 20% off, it's only $1599.

You must print off the special flyer in order to receive those discounts. Download the PDF from http://www.mediafire.com/?flfgldnz11v

First post on this board.

Thanks heaps cary. I was considering the 40" V300, and this voucher has made me even more tempted to buy it.

Will pop into Sony Central and have a look on Saturday.

For those that are interested, Sony Central in Melbourne are having a staff, family and friends sale on Fri 20 and Sat 21 July only.

Bravia's are all 20% off. ie the 40" V300 rrp is $1999 - with 20% off, it's only $1599.

You must print off the special flyer in order to receive those discounts. Download the PDF from http://www.mediafire.com/?flfgldnz11v

This deal is also available at SC Brisbane and Gold Coast stores. 18% off HIFI, 15% off Digital still, 5% on Vaio. :rolleyes:

I have been emailed the invitation. Only available for this Friday and Saturday.

PM me with you email address if you need a copy.

This deal is also available at SC Brisbane and Gold Coast stores. 18% off HIFI, 15% off Digital still, 5% on Vaio. rolleyes.gif

I have been emailed the invitation. Only available for this Friday and Saturday.

hey mate can you pm me. i cant pm you for some reason.

Doh ! only moving to Melb on 25 Jul....

just miss out.

I'm sure they'd let you place a deposit over the phone...

Thanks heaps cary!

I hope they have enough stock for the stampeded... :)

Ian

This deal is also available at SC Brisbane and Gold Coast stores. 18% off HIFI, 15% off Digital still, 5% on Vaio. :rolleyes:

I can't seem to pm on this board, but I'm interested. Can you pm me?

Very interested in these screens and cheers for the heads up with the flyer, but Perth store didn't seem to have one on offer and said they wouldn't even make 20%! Could just be sales pitch, but hey...

Main concern with this screen, is how it looks hooked up to a media centre PC. It needs to be clear as a desktop, not only playing TV, movies etc.

It would be great to hear from you guys how they go. Considering the 32, or maybe 40 as well. Either that or the Panasonic TX-32LXD700A.

Cheers

mediaNut

I can't seem to pm on this board, but I'm interested. Can you pm me?

Chisel and ntb

Tried to PM you guys but got this error.

This message can not be sent because the recipient has their personal messenger disabled or they are in a member group not allowed to use the personal messenger.

This personal message has not been sent

Sorry.

Have you guys posted more than 10 times?

Members, is there any other way I can post this invite on the forum for all to use.

Members, is there any other way I can post this invite on the forum for all to use.

Go to http://www.mediafire.com, it's a free file hosting site. You can upload your invite then post the URL on the forum, thats what I did ...

Go to http://www.mediafire.com, it's a free file hosting site. You can upload your invite then post the URL on the forum, thats what I did ...

Hi,

I just rang SC and they said if they quote the number on the invite it would be the same as bringing it in.

If you don't have the invite or code than it is normal pricing.

Code is SC707

write it down.

Might see you guys there.

Hi,

I just rang SC and they said if they quote the number on the invite it would be the same as bringing it in.

If you don't have the invite or code than it is normal pricing.

Code is SC707

write it down.

Might see you guys there.

Wow thanks for that, I will be sure to *cough* miss uni tomorrow to pick one of these babies up! $1600 is a complete steal...

Very interested in these screens and cheers for the heads up with the flyer, but Perth store didn't seem to have one on offer and said they wouldn't even make 20%! Could just be sales pitch, but hey...

Main concern with this screen, is how it looks hooked up to a media centre PC. It needs to be clear as a desktop, not only playing TV, movies etc.

It would be great to hear from you guys how they go. Considering the 32, or maybe 40 as well. Either that or the Panasonic TX-32LXD700A.

Cheers

mediaNut

i got some new pics for you:

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s44/eddieaus/Bravia13.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s44/eddieaus/Bravia11.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s44/eddieaus/Bravia12.jpg

What connection (HDMI?) and resolution are you using from the PC (720p @ 50Hz)?

VGA connection, 1360X768 60Hz

VGA cable is supplied

When using as a computer monitor, how far u have to sit?

1.5m i would say

Can some 1 explain if this is possible.

Im using a 22inch monitor atm which of course has higher resolution than this Sony LCD. Is it possible i can connect both my 22inch monitor and this Sony LCD and switch over to the other 1 as i please. For example for gaming i will use my 22inch (higher reso) then switch over to the Sony LCD for DVD/DIVX files.

Hope u know what im asking :)

Can some 1 explain if this is possible.

Im using a 22inch monitor atm which of course has higher resolution than this Sony LCD. Is it possible i can connect both my 22inch monitor and this Sony LCD and switch over to the other 1 as i please. For example for gaming i will use my 22inch (higher reso) then switch over to the Sony LCD for DVD/DIVX files.

Hope u know what im asking :)

Yes, each screen/monitor can have its own unique resolution setting.