New Sony V300 Is In Store Now!

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I managed to get a couple of people to comment on this in this thread.

Viera or Sony V300

Would be nice to have some more feedback from those that now own this set!

Okay, it appears that my link didn't work and that this thread has disappeared???????

So, as I still have it in my favourites, I have extracted the feedback comments as below:

"I'm happy with the way the V300 handles sports. Haven't noticed any motion blurring at all watching old English Premier League games.

Black levels are also good. "

Posted by dgaust on 1st August

and

"I've moved up from an ACER32" LCD to the V300 (40"), and love it. Good blacks (great compared to the Acer) Awesome pic quality (on HD and SD, no idea about Analog)

I'm running a DVI to HDMI cable from a HTPC and it all just works..

No bleeding, smearing, tearing (which I still had on the Acer after months of tweaking with powerstrip), clouding or dead/stuck pixels.

There's a massive array of settings for NON PC connected devices, which I haven't tried yet, to do with Pic quality."

Posted by fish! on 2nd August.

Sorry if there's a better way to do this!

There won't be a 46" version.

Brazzwald

Not of the V but you can check out the "Everyone Been Waiting For.....new Sony Bravia Pricing" thread. It has a complete list of the new Sony LCD range and RRP pricing.

Closest would be -

KDL46V3100 BRAVIA 46" V series, integrated HD Digital Tuner, HD resolution (1366x768), 10 bit panel, BRAVIA Engine, WCG-CCFL backlight, 1080/24p playback, 2 x HDMI inputs, BRAVIA Theatre Sync, S-Force Front Surround, Advanced Contrast Enhancer $3699 November 2007

• 2 weeks later...

I had been using VGA but I wasn't particularly impressed with the picture quality. I've since changed to DVI/HDMI and am much happier with the result.

A pleasant surprise was that all (?) the 'PC resolutions' listed in the manual can actually be obtained over HDMI and not just VGA. I didn't expect this to be the case. Native screen res at 60hz works perfectly and without overscan. But does anyone know if 50hz is possible with custom timings?

Also, at 1920x1080 50hz results in overscan but 60hz does not. I wonder why that is the case.

I'm using this on an HTPC and had planned on just using it for media center. But I'm getting great value from the screen as a pc monitor in its own right.

$1700 for this 40" screen would have to be one of the best deals going around.

Edited by gooball

Price updates:

Sony Style in Melbourne has dropped the sticker price to $1899 (I think on sale)

Soundcorp on eBay have it listed at $1799

Camera World have it for $1899 (up $100)

I'm still yet to bite the bullet, but will soon. No sign of it at JB-HiFi.

Has anyone got a price on the 32inch model?

I was considering the Panasonics 32 inch LCD, however this is $500+ cheaper and as longas its decent I'll be going with this.

That said, I scanned the whole thread and couldn't find a haggled price for the 32inch, I'm guessing (hoping) around $1,200? Can anyone confirm any prices they've recieved?

Thanks.

I was considering the Panasonics 32 inch LCD, however this is $500+ cheaper and as longas its decent I'll be going with this.

That said, I scanned the whole thread and couldn't find a haggled price for the 32inch, I'm guessing (hoping) around $1,200? Can anyone confirm any prices they've recieved?

Thanks.

$1499 sticker and offered $1350 at VideoPro in Brisbane. I did push a bit ("Sharpen your pencil and I'll take one") but he wouldn't go any lower.

Thanks.

DFO out at Brisbane Airport has a Sony Outlet, which is run by Videopro. They have it TICKETED at $1134, brand new in a box.

I am considering the same options, the 32" V series Sony versus the Panasonic 700A. Not sure that the extra coin for the Panasonic is worth it, I could get a Sony HD PVR instead for the extra dollars!? :rolleyes:

A little bit off-topic (but there again it won't let me post a new topic). I'm going to be moving from the UK to Australia soon and trying to find out if the either the Sony KDL-32S3000 or KDL-32D3000 (UK models) will work in Aus?

I've seen some posts suggesting that the sound might not work on some UK Digital TVs when brought to Aus becasue of different PAL Audio (or is it different DVB-T audio?). The sony spec sheet shows the following for Audio:

B/G - YES

D/K - R1-R12, R21-R69

I - UHF B21-B69

L - F2-F10, B-Q, F21-F69

Does this help me?

DFO out at Brisbane Airport has a Sony Outlet, which is run by Videopro. They have it TICKETED at $1134, brand new in a box.

I am considering the same options, the 32" V series Sony versus the Panasonic 700A. Not sure that the extra coin for the Panasonic is worth it, I could get a Sony HD PVR instead for the extra dollars!? :rolleyes:

Sure that's not refurbished or something? That's pretty cheap. I would have bought one a couple of weekends ago for that much.

Yes, it is a good price.

I'll double check with them to make sure it isn't a refurb model or repack.

How naive was I?

This price was only for a repack, they use this outlet either for old stock, or for damaged cartons and repacks (I really should have known better).

I guess I just got caught up in all the discounting after following the Panasonic 32 inch LCD thread. :wacko:

Having said that, I still think the best street price should sit around $1,200 for one of these, you just need to find a right minded store. ;)

How naive was I?

This price was only for a repack, they use this outlet either for old stock, or for damaged cartons and repacks (I really should have known better).

I guess I just got caught up in all the discounting after following the Panasonic 32 inch LCD thread. :wacko:

Having said that, I still think the best street price should sit around $1,200 for one of these, you just need to find a right minded store. ;)

Still depends on what it's history is I guess. If it's just a damaged box and full warranty (it is) that wouldn't be a huge deal to me.

Still depends on what it's history is I guess. If it's just a damaged box and full warranty (it is) that wouldn't be a huge deal to me.

They don't have any left and only get them occasionally. The guy said the price was for a repack, so either it's been out on display, or someone has returned it for exchange or refund. I would find the extra dollars myself, as when I used to work in the industry a repack was usually a bit on the dodgy side ;)

They don't have any left and only get them occasionally. The guy said the price was for a repack, so either it's been out on display, or someone has returned it for exchange or refund. I would find the extra dollars myself, as when I used to work in the industry a repack was usually a bit on the dodgy side ;)

$1338 for a KLV32V300 after pressing fairly hard at Good Guys. At that was after I said $1350 at Videopro and the guy "went to talk to his manager". "Won't find a better price anywhere else" etc etc.

The 32" NEC looked pretty good including the HD tuner and 3 year warranty for the same list price.

Edited by Shonky*

okay i;ve been shopping around in adelaide for KL40V300 and nothing has came up. seems like sonycentral ran outa them things. anyone can help here ? the lady on the phone told me they use different model number call KLV40S200 for their only NON built in LCD 40" screen and the model KL40V300 she never heard of it ? wtf ?

RadioRental has them for 1999 $ still @ westlakes. but non in stock they have to call it in from another store.

JB hifi has them for 1890 + 200 for 5 year warantee.

betta electrical - has nothing

sony central - has nothing

will try myer and few other stores tomorow. if anyone in adelaide knows any stores that still stock these for good price would be appreciated. prices seems to go up ? lol last month was 1700 + 200 for 5 years warantee now i cant find anything around that :(

Edited by levivu

okay i;ve been shopping around in adelaide for KL40V300 and nothing has came up. seems like sonycentral ran outa them things. anyone can help here ? the lady on the phone told me they use different model number call KLV40S200 for their only NON built in LCD 40" screen and the model KL40V300 she never heard of it ? wtf ?

RadioRental has them for 1999 $ still @ westlakes. but non in stock they have to call it in from another store.

JB hifi has them for 1890 + 200 for 5 year warantee.

betta electrical - has nothing

sony central - has nothing

will try myer and few other stores tomorow. if anyone in adelaide knows any stores that still stock these for good price would be appreciated. prices seems to go up ? lol last month was 1700 + 200 for 5 years warantee now i cant find anything around that :(

truscotts hifi -- 1899

$1338 for a KLV32V300 after pressing fairly hard at Good Guys. At that was after I said $1350 at Videopro and the guy "went to talk to his manager". "Won't find a better price anywhere else" etc etc.

The 32" NEC looked pretty good including the HD tuner and 3 year warranty for the same list price.

I think the lack of stock is hurting our collective chances of getting a really good price on this set :angry2: . I am hoping to purchase in the next week or so, but only if I can get it for mid $1,200's or below. Otherwise I'll wait, I guess. Maybe.