New Sony V300 Is In Store Now!

just came back from Sony Central Adelaide, they have 40" V300 on display. i was very impressed by the PQ, definitely the best 720P LCD display so far. and with RRP$1999, it can easily beat Samsung 40R81 to death. i was also glad to hear it doesn't have HD tuner, because the V2000's HD tuner was a disaster (it takes 3 secs to switch a channel). they also quoted me $1440 cash price for the 32" version, which is only about $60 off. will look around and see if other stores can offer a better deal.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s44/edd...hoto-0048-1.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s44/edd...hoto-0049-1.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s44/edd.../Photo-0051.jpg

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comparing the 40" V300 and the V2000 :

40IN V SERIES BRAVIA LCD KLV40V300

Picture

Native Display Resolution: 1366x768

BRAVIA Engine: Yes

Viewing Angle: 178

Screen Format: WideZoom/Nomal/Full/Zoom

Picture Mode: Vivid/ Standard/Cinema

Multi Picture: Yes (Picture and Picture)

Noise Reduction: 3D Digital Comb Filter

Brightness: 450 cd/m2

Contrast: 1600:1 (On-screen)

Response Time: 8ms

Sound

Audio Output: Yes

Sound Mode: Dynamic/Standerd/Custom

Surround Mode: S-FORCE/Simulated Stereo/Off

BBE Digital: No

Terminals

HDMI Input: x1 Rear, x1 Front

Component In: x2

S-Video in: x2

Composite in: x3

Headphone Out: x1

HD15 / PC Audio Input: x1

Other Features

Power Saving Mode: Yes

Clock: Yes

On / Sleep Timer: Yes

Teletext: Yes(English,French,Persian) 250P

Light Sensor: Yes

Cinema Drive: Yes

OSD Language: English,Traditional Chinese, Thai, Arabic, Farsi

Swivel: Yes

General

Power Requirement: 110-240V 50/60Hz

Power Consumption: 180W

Dimensions with stand (WxHxD mm): 981×688×265

Dimensions without stand (WxHxD mm): 981×643×110

Weight with stand (Kg) : 24kg

Weight without Stand (Kg): 20kg

40" V SERIES HD BRAVIA LCD TV KDL40V2000

Picture

Integrated High Definition Digital Tuner: Yes

Native Display Resolution: 1366x768

BRAVIA Engine: Yes

Viewing Angle: 178

Screen Format: Wide Zoom / Normal / Full / Zoom

Picture Mode: Vivid / Standard / Custom

Multi Picture: PIP (For Freeze Function)

Noise Reduction: Yes

Brightness: 450cd/m2

Contrast: 1300:1 (On-screen), 5000:1 (Dynamic)

Response Time: 8ms

Sound

Audio Output: Yes

Sound Mode: Dynamic / Standard / Custom

Surround Mode: SRS TruSurround XT / Simulated Stereo / Off

BBE Digital: Yes

Terminals

HDMI Input: x1

Component In: x1

S-Video in: x2

Composite in: x3

Headphone Out: x1

HD15 / PC Audio Input: x1

Other Features

Power Saving Mode: Yes

Clock: Yes

On / Sleep Timer: Yes

Teletext: Yes

Light Sensor: Yes

Cinema Drive: Yes

OSD Language: English

Swivel: Yes

General

Power Requirement: 224 - 240 V 50/60 Hz

Power Consumption: 205W

Dimensions with stand (WxHxD mm): 988 x 716 x 334

Dimensions without stand (WxHxD mm): 988 x 664 x 103

Weight with stand (Kg) : 28

Weight without Stand (Kg): 22

The 40" V300 rrp is $1999 and the 40" V2000 rrp is $3399, what does the extra $1400 give you for a V2000 model apart from

an inbuilt HD tuner??

$2k for a Sony 40" 1366x768 LCD panel is an awesome price, opinions/thoughts???

Thanks for your comments.

I'm wondering, do you have any comments about the performance of the 32" V300 against other 32" competitors such as the Samsung R8 series? 1499 rrp is very reasonable, especially for Sony and the decent specifications further add value for money.

Thanks for your comments.

I'm wondering, do you have any comments about the performance of the 32" V300 against other 32" competitors such as the Samsung R8 series? 1499 rrp is very reasonable, especially for Sony and the decent specifications further add value for money.

didn't see 32" in store, however they do have them in stock. 32" has 8bit S-PVA panel, while 40" has 10bit. Samsung R8 is not on same level as V300, as they are using cheap CMO/AUO panles.

I'm in the market for a new 32inch LCD for my room. How does the new Sony V300 compare with the soon to be released Panasonic TX-32LXD700? I had my mind set on the Panasonic but seems like the sony one is more cheaper but doesn't have inbuilt HD tuner whereas the Panasonic does.

I'm in the market for a new 32inch LCD for my room. How does the new Sony V300 compare with the soon to be released Panasonic TX-32LXD700? I had my mind set on the Panasonic but seems like the sony one is more cheaper but doesn't have inbuilt HD tuner whereas the Panasonic does.

I've been told that the new V300 is Made in Malaysia, while V2000 is Made in Japan. Can someone confirm this? Thanks.

Sony will release D300 to compete with Pana D700. i've heard 120hz does help minimising motion blur. personally i wouldn't pay the extra $500 for 120hz as i'm very happy with the V300 PQ.

Also uses a WAX3 chassis:same type as US S3000 model. U series:made by Wistron, I think.

Got that from Sony ESI (I can use that site).

I picked up one in NZ a couple of weeks ago (returned my samsung r81 for it - lucky it was within the 28 day return period). The sony is a great set - handles HD and SD well (even divx!). Highly recommedned

we got these in store yesterday and we unboxed the 40in first and set it up with a topfield hd box and i was quite impressed with it the look,the pq and the price then we unboxed the 32in and set it up but for some reason i didnt like it it looked plain in the smaller size and i wasnt impressed at all apart from the price sounds weird maybe but i dont know just something about it i dont like

we got these in store yesterday and we unboxed the 40in first and set it up with a topfield hd box and i was quite impressed with it the look,the pq and the price then we unboxed the 32in and set it up but for some reason i didnt like it it looked plain in the smaller size and i wasnt impressed at all apart from the price sounds weird maybe but i dont know just something about it i dont like

i reckon is because of the difference between 8bit and 10bit panels. 10bit panel can show a lot more colors than a 8bit

You watch this avent model disapear when the new digital models come out in september.Sony have only released these analogue ones so that they have tv's for sale until september,as they have no more stock of there old digital models.

The current V2000 series is coming down in price ... popped into Myer a few minutes ago on my morning tea break for a look see. The ticketed

price of the 46" V2000 (1366x768) is now $3499 and the 40" V2000 is now $2899. Thats the Myer ticketed price, I'm sure JB's, HN etc will be

dropping their ticketed prices as well. I asked the Myer sales guy about the price drop, he said the V2000 series is a run out, they're making

way for the new range coming out next month, will be cheaper as they'll be manufactured in China rather than Japan. Don't know if thats fact

or rumor, it's just what the Myer guy said to me.

The current V2000 series is coming down in price ... popped into Myer a few minutes ago on my morning tea break for a look see. The ticketed

price of the 46" V2000 (1366x768) is now $3499 and the 40" V2000 is now $2899. Thats the Myer ticketed price, I'm sure JB's, HN etc will be

dropping their ticketed prices as well. I asked the Myer sales guy about the price drop, he said the V2000 series is a run out, they're making

way for the new range coming out next month, will be cheaper as they'll be manufactured in China rather than Japan. Don't know if thats fact

or rumor, it's just what the Myer guy said to me.

So MYER won't get V300 until next month? that's kinda late, i was hoping to get a better deal there.