Sign in to follow this  
sedders

No Sound On Sbs Hd (30) In Melbourne?

Is it just me or has sbs stopped broadcasting sound on the hd channel or it it n a new format?

Both my inbuilt tuner in the panasonic plasma and my dgtec2000a cant pick up any sound on ch30.

strange :wacko:

getting sound on 30 here in Sydney.

Have you made sure it is set output PCM audio? SBS doesn't broadcast DD sound on HD like the rest do.

Topfield forum user reported no sound on SBS HD last night in Melbourne too.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

getting sound on 30 in Sydney.

What makes sydney so special? What set top box are you using?

I'm using an SD STB to get the audio (via optical), I do have a HD STB (Digicrystal HDT-9300) haven't checked on it, but I assumes it will be the same.

Don't assume. Go check it when you can, for your own sake.

I'm using a Philips DTR7200 (HD STB) through HDMI. All channels EXCEPT Channel 30 are getting sound.

But I'm also having a problem with the Joytech HDMi Trilink Switch. See the HDSTB sub-forum for that.

Is it just me or has sbs stopped broadcasting sound on the hd channel .....

Isn't the issue here related to the different PAT/PMTs/PIDs used in the TS stream? In other words, the stream for HD will have video and audio in certain parts, and SD will have video and audio in other parts?

So aren't the comments below pretty much off-track, in saying audio in SD is OK, when the question related to HD audio?

getting sound on 30 here in Sydney.
getting sound on 30 in Sydney.
I'm using an SD STB to get the audio (via optical), I do have a HD STB (Digicrystal HDT-9300) haven't checked on it, but I assumes it will be the same.

Isn't the issue here related to the different PAT/PMTs/PIDs used in the TS stream? In other words, the stream for HD will have video and audio in certain parts, and SD will have video and audio in other parts?

So aren't the comments below pretty much off-track, in saying audio in SD is OK, when the question related to HD audio?

no I was tuned into the HD channel, just because it's an SD STB doesn't mean I can't tune into a HD Channel to listen to the audio via optical output to be heard through a 5.1 Surround sound system.

No sound on 30 here in Hobart as well. Obviously No One home at SBS over the weekend. <_<

I'm glad I'm not alone in this then. Channel 30 should get of their ****** lazy asses though and actually do something!!

...no I was tuned into the HD channel...
Apologies, my misreading of the response then, when you mentioned "I'm using an SD STB to get the audio (via optical)" I read it as SD.

Hii guys, I just connected my TV to AV via optical cable, I can get sound from 7HD,9HD and One but not from ABC HD, SBS HD.

is there any reason?

Hii guys, I just connected my TV to AV via optical cable, I can get sound from 7HD,9HD and One but not from ABC HD, SBS HD.

is there any reason?

Check your tv to amp audio config... is your amp set to auto or what , usually it's a mismatch between tv and amp settings

Check your tv to amp audio config... is your amp set to auto or what , usually it's a mismatch between tv and amp settings

thanks mate, it's now working