Sign in to follow this  
whiteknightoz

Panasonic 70a Sound Breakup Problem

Hello all. I know this is an old thread but I have been trying to resolve this very problem for over a year now. I live in the U.S., and have gotten NOWHERE with Panasonic. How did you get them to send you new SD cards with the fix? Is there some secret code I have to give them?

The customer "service" representatives I have dealt with claim to have never heard of this problem. I even referred them to this site but they play dumb.

Thanks in advance.

p.s. I have a TH-50PZ77U.

You would have to use any FW update with care dawx, as we use different TV system (PAL vs NTSC) and our Free To Air broadcasts are DVB-T not ATSC (I think that's what you guys have). Anyway, point I'm trying to make is a foreign FW may "brick" your set.

On a side note has anyone also noticed on their models that when you are watching digital tv on the panel that you cannot browse the EPG of other channels on the Banner Tv Guide. It just says "press OK to change channel".

Ok Panasonic called me back and she said that the EPG will only display on the channel you are watching. She said they tested the same model in there. She added that it is due to a Simple Tuner. I am most disapointed by this. My Windows Media Centre shows more TV guide info than my TV!

Also the big question is: Where is everyone in this forum from? It may be a localised problem. I live at the base of Upper Mt Gravatt lookout mountian which has big antennas on top of the mountain. I don't know what they are for but they look like huge drums. They could be affeecting the Ten HD signal in my area.

Any other ideas people? I beleive I have exhausted all possibilites except for trying a new antenna and waiting for the fellow in this forum to have his TV replaced and see if his is any better.

I've just joined this forum because of this very problem

I have just bought a TH-42PZ80A and have the same issue

I have made several calls to Panasonic but they fob me off each time and get grumpy if I try to pin them down on the issue. The manual clearly states that you can browse the listed programs of other channels with out changing channels:

"Select a programme using Information banner (p. 15)

Possible to confirm the programme name before selecting programmes"

While watching a program you can press the info button to display the information banner and use the up button to see the program banner for the next channel

This worked when I first setup the TV and was really happy to see it but after approx 30 minutes it stopped. I'm in the Dandenongs but I don't think it is a signal issue as the EPG is populated with info so it is all there in the TV but it won't populate the information banner for programs other than for the channel currently being watched

info%20banner.jpg

Any thoughts any one?

I've set the timeout on the banner to 10 seconds to give it plenty of time but still no

cheers in advance

I highly doubt this ever worked for you. My 42PX7A does that and it only displays what the current channel is showing. It has to tune to the actual channel frequency to get the information. With a single tuner that is simply the only way which means changing form what you are watching.

The only reason a media centre PC can do this is either 1) more than one tuner, 2) it scans and downloads the EIT data in the background when the tuner was free or 3) it gets the data from another source.

I highly doubt this ever worked for you. My 42PX7A does that and it only displays what the current channel is showing. It has to tune to the actual channel frequency to get the information. With a single tuner that is simply the only way which means changing form what you are watching.

The only reason a media centre PC can do this is either 1) more than one tuner, 2) it scans and downloads the EIT data in the background when the tuner was free or 3) it gets the data from another source.

But the TV already has the info as it is in the EP Guide, it doesn't have to search for it

I got the TV 1 week ago so it is still fresh in my mind that it worked out of the box, I was surprised to see the function as I wasn't expecting it

cheers

I've just joined this forum because of this very problem

I have just bought a TH-42PZ80A and have the same issue

I have made several calls to Panasonic but they fob me off each time and get grumpy if I try to pin them down on the issue. The manual clearly states that you can browse the listed programs of other channels with out changing channels:

"Select a programme using Information banner (p. 15)

Possible to confirm the programme name before selecting programmes"

While watching a program you can press the info button to display the information banner and use the up button to see the program banner for the next channel

This worked when I first setup the TV and was really happy to see it but after approx 30 minutes it stopped. I'm in the Dandenongs but I don't think it is a signal issue as the EPG is populated with info so it is all there in the TV but it won't populate the information banner for programs other than for the channel currently being watched

info%20banner.jpg

Any thoughts any one?

I've set the timeout on the banner to 10 seconds to give it plenty of time but still no

cheers in advance

EPG data population only works across all channels if you:

a] change channels so it can acquire the data of that channel or

b] press the 'Guide' button and give the TV time to scan EPG data from all channels

If you have not setup favourites, this will take a long time (a few minutes) as it has to scan some 40+ services

So its best to setup favourites as this improves acquisition time

I think you will find that the panel caches the EPG data so that at startup it's already populated from the last time you were using the TV. Then as you surf through the different channels, it updates the cache

Hi! I've just discovered this thread - years too late by the looks - I was wondering if someone could load the file somewhere for me to grab and apply on my 42" pana plasma, using the SD-card trick. Many thanks!!! wjames@ccsaust.com