Sign in to follow this  
colojim

Dr Who New Series

Saw it at the cinema yesterday. The extras before and after the episode weren't shown on TV, but I guess they will be shown as separate extras later on.

The segment with Strax describing all the doctors was hilarious.

Peter Cipaldi did a great job

Cant wait to see the whole series.

Watched the Last episode last night (02/07/2017), gotta wait till Boxing Day to see the new Doctor. Get to see the 1st Doctor again.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-40624288

Jodie Whittaker has been announced as Doctor Who's 13th Time Lord - the first woman to be given the role. The new Doctor's identity was revealed in a trailer broadcast at the end of the Wimbledon men's singles final.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-40626224

Few TV casting announcements can have been as long awaited as the name of the new Doctor Who and when the revelation finally came it sent social media into a frenzy.

_96965516_doctor_1.jpg

JSmith :ninja:

They really have lost the plot, haven't they?

I was looking forward to a new series that approximated the Real Dr Who, with an actor who looked like the Real Doctor. I can remember the early shows, including those the BBC carefully lost, and every Doctor since has seemed like an impostor to me.

Anyway, why didn't they pick Joanna Lumley again :lol:

Edited by Digital Penetration

25 minutes ago, Digital Penetration said:

They really have lost the plot, haven't they?

I was looking forward to a new series that approximated the Real Dr Who, with an actor who looked like the Real Doctor. I can remember the early shows, including those the BBC carefully lost, and every Doctor since has seemed like an impostor to me.

Anyway, why didn't they pick Joanna Lumley again :lol:

A bit yes... I have no issue at all with a female actor playing a major role in anything, but the Dr Who series has never indicated that time lords can change gender, apart from when it happened to The Master recently and that seemed to have only been done to allow this new change.

Anyway, I expect Jodie will do quite well in the part as she is a fantastic actor and will certainly please many fans.

JSmith :ninja: