Krix Group Buy?

My gut tells me it probably will not work due to numbers. Some krix dealers do peruse the forum. At the end of the day someone makes a decision about group buys..........usually and more than likely politics gets in the way. :angry2:

Looks like Prior has got it to work, and even if it doesnt he's happy with the price he's received.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has the potential to work, definately. Albeit it's a bit harder on speakers than other things like projectors or AVR's, but hey, you never know!

let's just see where it goes. We've got time up our sleeves anyway.

Cheers,

Chris

Yeah, out of all the home theatre equipment, the speakers are the most personal of all the choices. Then you add in people that have some components and want others...

So far the response has been positive, and it's only been a few hours...

Cheers,

Chris

Just an update.

As there's a few guys that want certain components, but not a complete unit, here's what I'll do.

I'll collate everything up that everyone wants, and then I'll get the best price. I've had quite a lot of PM's already, which is great! So anyone that is interested, please just PM me with what you want, WHEN you're looking at wanting it, and what state you're in, and I'll get the best prices I can.

It's no good if a couple of guys use my price to play off against another supplier, it won't help secure the best deal.

Actually, it would be best for youz all to email me. In an effort to avoid as many bots trauling for email addresses, just put this together:

Chris.

young

at

bentley

.com.

Make the subject line Krix, and I'll filter all the mail into the one box so I don't lose any of them.

Cheers,

Chris

Just an update.

As there's a few guys that want certain components, but not a complete unit, here's what I'll do.

I'll collate everything up that everyone wants, and then I'll get the best price. I've had quite a lot of PM's already, which is great! So anyone that is

Cheers,

Chris

This is what I was going to suggest, though you won't be able to finalise the numbers until you have the prices, which may affect the numbers, which would then affect the prices, which then might change the numbers........ :wacko:

Anyway it would be fun to be able to walk in to a shop and ask for a quote on say 10 Neuphonix, 6 Lyrix, 7 Epicentrix, 12 Brix, 8 Seismix......... :D

I'm not going to do the group buy on the entire range... :D but I will base it around the Neuphonics and epi. The Seismic and rears are ok to play with. So in that respect we have pricing, and we can only get better pricing! So anyone that wants to commit to current pricing, will only have the potential to get even BETTER pricing!

Lyle, here's a motto for you... "It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission" :ph34r: :D

Cheers,

Chris

Righto chaps,

well, the response has been nothing short of fevered...

So far, I have had 12 people indicate that they are at least interested, many have said definately. I am yet to hear back from a few. It's not like we have to have this ready this week. I would estimate a purchase time of 6-8 weeks from now, if that suits everyone? So there's plenty of time to get your order in.

It will be quite fun going back to the retailer and saying "hello, can I please buy 9 pairs of Neuphonics, 10 Epicentrix...." :lol:B)

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks for the info Chris

Well after having another look at the Krix website I realise that these babies are 4-6 ohm impedence and for me that means amp replacement as well as speakers - so a bit out of reach at this time. I do know that coupled with the right power amps this combination is outstanding for movies (especially the centre and fronts) as I have auditioned them when I bought my Yamaha AVR recently.

Thanks for the info Chris

Well after having another look at the Krix website I realise that these babies are 4-6 ohm impedence and for me that means amp replacement as well as speakers - so a bit out of reach at this time. I do know that coupled with the right power amps this combination is outstanding for movies (especially the centre and fronts) as I have auditioned them when I bought my Yamaha AVR recently.

Not necessarily Bertzz. What amplifier are you running now? I have heard the Neuphonix running off a 35W x 2 Push-Pull Valve Amp and they sound divine. Plenty of grunt.

Not necessarily Bertzz. What amplifier are you running now? I have heard the Neuphonix running off a 35W x 2 Push-Pull Valve Amp and they sound divine. Plenty of grunt.

I decided on a Yamaha 659 recently because it was cheap as chips and didnt want to buy high-end until the HDMI 1.3 / HD sound formats has appeared on the market. I was quite disappointed with the 659 from a power delivery perspective compared to my Harman Kardon AVR. So I'm thinking that the Krix speakers will be even harder to drive and thus my previous conclusion. The demo of the Krix kit I heard was coupled to a 659 but being used as a pre-amp only and each channel had dedicated power amps. The sales guy said that without the power amps, the speakers would be wasted, and I tend to believe that.

But think about it this way Bertzz,

if you are going to upgrade your amp anyway when HDMI 1.3 comes out, at least then you'll have some kick arse speakers ready to go.

If you compromise on the speakers because of your short term compromised AMP, you'll kick yourself!

Hell, I'll just be running my speakers through my old Pioneer pro-logic amp until I get my new one, but at least they'll be reasy to go!!

Cheers,

Chris

You won't regret it if you purchase good loud speakers now. Good sound doesn't date, and with the Neuphonix and Epicentrix, they have a nominal impedance of 4ohms, which means they are not the easiest loud speakers to drive, but, with my Denon AVR2807 (which is a mid-range AVR at best), they are powered brilliantly.

I know that I will get much better performance from them, if I had a lot more power driving them, and a power amplifier is surely in the pipeline, but for now, the sound emanating from my Epicentrix and Neuphonix is already sublime, and I know it can only get better.

Dantan - I'm driving my VAF DC-Xs thru my 2807, I'm assuming I'm not really doing them justice! They do sound good, (VAF demoed the DC-Xs thru a 2807 at the showroom). I am thinking of getting a 2ch amp instead, any ideas?

Sorry for hijacking the thread!

No worries, Mikey. I did consider getting VAF's, before getting my Krix's. In terms of a 2-channel power amplifier, Rotel is probably a very good option - like the RB1070. Rotel makes very good power amps, and are reasonably priced.

You obviously utilise the "Pure Direct" mode on your AVR2807? It works a treat on the front pair of speakers.

No worries, Mikey. I did consider getting VAF's, before getting my Krix's. In terms of a 2-channel power amplifier, Rotel is probably a very good option - like the RB1070. Rotel makes very good power amps, and are reasonably priced.

You obviously utilise the "Pure Direct" mode on your AVR2807? It works a treat on the front pair of speakers.

I do. I can notice the difference. Lower noise floor, better dynamics. I'll look into the Rotel.

I decided on a Yamaha 659 recently because it was cheap as chips and didnt want to buy high-end until the HDMI 1.3 / HD sound formats has appeared on the market.

A more powerful amplifier would be better, but you would be extremely happy with the sound that the Neuphonix would make, partnered with the 659.

John, the Krix Lyrix Gold's are relatively easy to drive (although rated at 4ohms) and the Krix Brix's are extremely easy to drive. Onkyo AVR's are very capable, and I am sure you will not have any dramas driving these Krix loud speakers. Enjoy!