Toshiba Lcd

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No in-built digital tuner. What is Toshiba Australia thinking. I doubt you'll see any shops display one of these. I also was waiting to see one as the 68 series get a decent report on the UK forums.

yeah i see that,

no inbuilt tuner,

but as i say 1 less thing to go wrong,just look at lg,the problems they had with there inbuilts,plus you can such diff array of hd tuner with hard drives.

Yeah, well I'm quite surprised that there never seems to be much mentioned about Toshiba Lcd screens on this forum at all! I've heard about the new 100hz screens & also that the premium range will be the "cinema series"--I look forward to seeing one, particularly in 58" which I've heard will be available. I've currently got a 47" Toshiba LCD with inbuilt HD tuner, & I'm very happy with it--anybody else got one of these?-what do you think of them?

Cheers, GTO.

anybody got the new toshiba lcd tv,

what are they like.

the specs look good the 37wl68a. 100hz,response time 6ms g-g,contrast 1000

i also see that toshiba has taken over from castel,new web page,www.toshiba.com.au

yes i have one after handing in my 47wl66t as it had backlight seeping in from the 4 corners ,yes no tuner but do use a toppy pvr and boy the pic is truly amazing.styling is more modern with a slick stand.to me the 66 looks a little outdated

Yeah, well I'm quite surprised that there never seems to be much mentioned about Toshiba Lcd screens on this forum at all! I've heard about the new 100hz screens & also that the premium range will be the "cinema series"--I look forward to seeing one, particularly in 58" which I've heard will be available. I've currently got a 47" Toshiba LCD with inbuilt HD tuner, & I'm very happy with it--anybody else got one of these?-what do you think of them?

Cheers, GTO.

when you first turn the panel on .do you get the backlight seeping in from the 4 corners till it warm up a little?

when you first turn the panel on .do you get the backlight seeping in from the 4 corners till it warm up a little?

No, I've had no problems whatsoever-a really great picture image ( touch wood--only had it about 6 weeks!). but, based on my experiences to date, I wouldn't hesitate to get a larger Toshiba Lcd screen, (60"+), if one became available.

Cheers, GTO.

No, I've had no problems whatsoever-a really great picture image ( touch wood--only had it about 6 weeks!). but, based on my experiences to date, I wouldn't hesitate to get a larger Toshiba Lcd screen, (60"+), if one became available.

Cheers, GTO.

does every now and then does your panel update channels now and then therefore restoring previously deleted channels.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I just bought a Toshiba Regza 42WLT66 - 42in LCD TV for $2300 (RRP $4500) from Harvey Norman.

I dont know much about LCD TV...

Would someone give me a pros and cons about it?

Personally, I think it's cheap and I like it :)

However, I can only use 2 AV inputs into the TV (1 for Foxtel, 1 for satellite TV)

My old plasma used to can take 3 AV inputs, now I can do only 2 which left out my old DVD player :(

Any cable or suggestion that I should buy so my DVD can get back to life?

Appreciate it.

Thank you

I just got a Regza 42X3030DB which can muster 1080p. Got it for £810 (AU$1900). I had the 32WLT66 prior which was a great little panel, but I paid more for it 15 months ago than I did the 42 incher!

I have a Mac Mini hooked up to it and am getting 1920x1080p over HDMI which looks fantastic. I have an Elgato Diversity USB tuner attached to the Mini and am looking forward to seeing some 1080i HD broadcasts on this TV when I get it back to Oz next month. No terrestrial HD in the UK unfortunately.

Have just bought Tosh 47wl68e, was watching a dodgy bbc hd copy of robin hood. Put dejavu in the player last night, and moved my feet out the way when the ferry went up! It's a great looking tv, sounds great, feel i need to upgrade to an upscaler to really see it performing. Do you know of oppo retailers in your part of the world? I'm Indo based, difficult to get anything sent or even buy on cred card here..........

Happy viewing!!!!!!!!

Hey guys,

new to the forum and new to the LCD Market. I personally prefer LCD over Plasma but I'm not sure which brand to go for. I just saw that RIO Sound and Vision in Melbourne are advertising Toshiba 32" with an in-built tuner for $1649 and a 37" for $2199. I'm gonna go for the 32" because this is just for the bedroom. Anyone reckon this is worth it?

Cheers.

Hey guys,

new to the forum and new to the LCD Market. I personally prefer LCD over Plasma but I'm not sure which brand to go for. I just saw that RIO Sound and Vision in Melbourne are advertising Toshiba 32" with an in-built tuner for $1649 and a 37" for $2199. I'm gonna go for the 32" because this is just for the bedroom. Anyone reckon this is worth it?

Cheers.

Well, I guess the size you buy is up to you--but I have a Toshiba screen which I purchased along with the rest of my system, from Rio, & I found them good to deal with.--Up front, with a good price,--no b..l s..t type of people.

Cheers, GTO.

I just bought the Toshiba 32WLT68. I paid 950 euros (in Paris). So far, I'm very impressed with the picture quality. My only problem is connectivity. I went out and bought a HDMI cable to connect the set top box (we have a TV/internet/telephone over ADSL service) and a DVI-HDMI cable to connect my DVD player (which has DVI but not HDMI). The problem is that I get no picture from the STB over HDMI (I get picture with composite and s-video) and the picture from the DVD player (DVI-HDMI) is fine, except the colours are all wrong - watching Lord of the Rings and the grass is green but Gandalf and Frodo's faces are purple! There may be problems with both the DVD player and the STB, but I'm concerned that there may be something wrong with the HDMI ports on the tele. Any advice?

• 1 month later...

So is the general consensus that the 68 series are good? are they worth the extra over the non 100Hz models? I am hoping to go into a showroom this weekend and have a good look see but I think they only have the 47" model in stock, I am looking for the 37/42" sizes.

Cheers,

Brett