Sign in to follow this  
lenny888

Best Price For Samsung 40 Inch La40m81bd

Please remove this post if it's considered as spam.

We are selling the LA40M81BD for $2449 over here.

We are selling the LA40M81BD for $2449 over here.

Oh gosh! I paid $2500 last month, I thought that was hard to beat, apparently not!

Hey all

Prices are dropping on this model as Samsung are apparently releasing new models next month.

Picked up the 46 inch M81 yesterday from the good guys for $3300.

Marcus,

is the new model you mention the F86?

I have seen a review at HDTVtest.co.uk and they rated it very highly.

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/Samsung-LE40F86BD/

andrew

Do any of you notice issues playing lower resolution images on this TV or have any issues watching sports with blur ?

I am goign nuts atm deciding between the M8 and a sony bravia D series ONLY because the sony is 100hz and the samsung isn't , and the HUGE thing thats got me concerned is how my old tv rips will look on them ( i know it may be a silly thing but it's probably what i watch most besides foxtel )

Edited by Fallen Angel

Do any of you notice issues playing lower resolution images on this TV or have any issues watching sports with blur ?

I am goign nuts atm deciding between the M8 and a sony bravia D series ONLY because the sony is 100hz and the samsung isn't , and the HUGE thing thats got me concerned is how my old tv rips will look on them ( i know it may be a silly thing but it's probably what i watch most besides foxtel )

The M8 with it's 1080 res will be much worse for your lower PQ stuff so stick with the Sony D 768 res ;)

true that.. any lower res content when upscaled to higher res panels.. such as the 1080p panel ot the M81's wont look too crash hot. As it will show any flaw in the video.

Having said that.. most SD digital tv still looks great on the M81, and of course the HD stuff looks briliant.

Hey everyone just wondering if you could help me out:)

I'm planning on getting a new TV for my bedroom and I'm finding it a hard decision. I'm tossing up between the Samsung 40" M81 1080P or the Samsung 32" R81. I will be playing PS3, Xbox 360, PS2, Wii, watching Blu-Ray/HD-DVD films and have my HTPC hooked up to it. I will be sitting at a maximum distance of 2.4m from the TV.

Do you guys think it is worth me buying the 40" over the 32"?

Thanks!! Any input at all would be great. P.S. sorry if this is in the wrong thread but I didn't want to create another thread just for this question:)

Edited by cazzy

Ah ok. But is it worth the extra $1k+? Would the picture be noticeably different from the 32R81? I'm just afraid that spending that much more won't really be worth it?

Thanks for replying btw :D

EDIT: Hmm, I decided that I only want 40" LCD. So the decision is now....40" 1080P Samsung or the cheaper 40" 1080i Samsung? Is it worth the extra ~$600 for Full HD?

:wacko:

Edited by cazzy

i'd go for the 32r8 unless your bedroom is extremely large. we have a 32 inch acer in a 3x3 room, ps2 hooked up to it. we all find it a little on the large side.

i'd go for the 32r8 unless your bedroom is extremely large. we have a 32 inch acer in a 3x3 room, ps2 hooked up to it. we all find it a little on the large side.

Hehe just when I edited my other post to say I was only looking at 40". Hmm, as in, too large to be comfortable?

We have a 32" LCD in the kitchen so I sort of gauged the size from there. My room isn't extremely large, The max viewing distance I'd be watching it is about 2.4m-2.5m too close you think? Ah now I'm not sure lol

Also, is the lowest price so far on DTV for the 40" M81 $2580? I did look and that was the cheapest AFAIK.

Edited by cazzy

if you're really unsure just cut up cardboard, glue paper, whatever to make up to the tv sizes you're looking at put them where the tv wil be and take a couple of days to decide.

Hehe just when I edited my other post to say I was only looking at 40". Hmm, as in, too large to be comfortable?

We have a 32" LCD in the kitchen so I sort of gauged the size from there. My room isn't extremely large, The max viewing distance I'd be watching it is about 2.4m-2.5m too close you think? Ah now I'm not sure lol

Also, is the lowest price so far on DTV for the 40" M81 $2580? I did look and that was the cheapest AFAIK.

I got it for 2580 with free hdmi and free delivery. The docket for the tv actually says 2500 then the extra 80 was listed under delivery and hdmi cable.

So i guess the tv was actually 2500

Ah yeh I'll do the cardboard thing.

Cheers for the replies guys.

I take it 1080P isn't worth it then for 40" and where I'm sitting?

Ah yeh I'll do the cardboard thing.

Cheers for the replies guys.

I take it 1080P isn't worth it then for 40" and where I'm sitting?

i have the 40" and im about 2.5 meters away from the tv

... and the HUGE thing thats got me concerned is how my old tv rips will look on them ( i know it may be a silly thing but it's probably what i watch most besides foxtel )

If you're worried how you're bootleg TV Rips and DVD's will look, then you shouldn't even be considering an HD LCD. Stick to a SD CRT.

Anything compressed to the point that rips and downloads are, is going to look like crap on a large HD display. I'd suggest you change your mindset before wasting your money.

You shouldn't buy a mud runner unless you are going to use it off road. The same logic applies to an HD display.

Edited by STB

1080p is ideal. 1080i is just a 1360x768 so its only really .. kinda... 720p.

In normal tv watching you would notice the difference, but in playing 1080p content you will. Some xbox360 games are 1080p and some/possible all PS3 games are 1080p.

And if your going to be getting into watching Blueray or HDDVD movies then 1080p is also ideal. But if your setting like 5m away from the tv you may not notice the difference.

I would say since your spending a fair bit of money anyway, may as well go the rest of the way and get the bee's knees of TV's as well :)

If you sit too far from the screen then you wont be able to pick up the difference between a 720p and a 1080p screen. Mine is at the foot of my beed.. about 75cm-100cm from the end.. and its fantastic.

If youd doing for the 40" get the 1080p one.

Edited by DaForce2000

Yep I've discussed it with my family and it looks like I'm getting the 40" 1080p! Yay!

Thanks for all the helpful replies, appreciate it!

I'll report back in a few weeks when I have it and will let everyone know if I get a good price.

How cheap is this????? ........ LA40M81BD.... must of been dropped :blink:

Edited by MrMan

How cheap is this????? ........ LA40M81BD.... must of been dropped :blink:

Wow! That's quite a drop in price since I bought mine 3 months ago (not on EBay).

I must say though, compared to what people are paying retail on the 40M81 the difference is about $500 (a 20% saving), and the old argument of buying something expensive and fragile from a virtual store as opposed to a physical store where you can rock up if there are problems comes to mind. Also all the issues of whether the warranty is legit and on EBay, sometimes luck runs your way and you manage to get it on the cheap.......I would still go the shops.

Also, the bargaining aspect and playing stores off each other is much more fun than worrying about who the heck you're bidding against.

Wow! That's quite a drop in price since I bought mine 3 months ago (not on EBay).

I must say though, compared to what people are paying retail on the 40M81 the difference is about $500 (a 20% saving), and the old argument of buying something expensive and fragile from a virtual store as opposed to a physical store where you can rock up if there are problems comes to mind. Also all the issues of whether the warranty is legit and on EBay, sometimes luck runs your way and you manage to get it on the cheap.......I would still go the shops.

Also, the bargaining aspect and playing stores off each other is much more fun than worrying about who the heck you're bidding against.

These are seconds/refurb and come with 1 year warranty which is unlikely to be from Samsung. Not worth only $500 saving imho.

These are seconds/refurb and come with 1 year warranty which is unlikely to be from Samsung. Not worth only $500 saving imho.

Well spotted!! Missed the fine print one-liner at the end about them being seconds.

Another in the line of '...if it's too good to be true....'

I just picked up the 46" M81 for $2499 HN Woden (Canberra) this morning....stoked!

$2290 for the 40" M81 at HN in Canberra

So cheap now!!!!