Best Price For Samsung 40 Inch La40m81bd

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well perhaps it depends on what you intend to use it for - now and in the future (say next 5 or so years). If you just want to watch tv, standard DVD's, foxtel etc and don't see HD-DVD or games consoles in your future then the 768p would be fine.. However if you want to play a games console or watch bluray/HD-DVD movies and so on then you might want to seriously consider the 1080p.

Well perhaps it depends on what you intend to use it for - now and in the future (say next 5 or so years). If you just want to watch tv, standard DVD's, foxtel etc and don't see HD-DVD or games consoles in your future then the 768p would be fine.. However if you want to play a games console or watch bluray/HD-DVD movies and so on then you might want to seriously consider the 1080p.

Well i'll mostly b watching tv and dvds but i might migrate to console gaming from pc sometime in the future. My concern is the difference in quality; i was at dse today, i stared at a one full hd and a normal hd 40" lcds (LA40M81BD & LA40R81BD) and i couldn't see any noticeable difference at all (at distances even < than 1.5m).

They were both playing the same movie, one from a dvd, the other from blueray. Could there be any factors for why the full hd looked no superior than the other?

It's gonna b my first lcd tv and i wanna get the full hd to relief my conscious but if the superiority isn't detectible, i might as well throw the extra $ into sound :)

It depends on the content being showed.

HD FTA TV would look almost the same on both as its usually maximum of 720p.

However if you hook up say your PC you will have a MUCH larger desktop, and say and xbox360 or PS3 the graphics will be more details as you have more pixels.

But it also then again depends on how close you sit.

However if you hook up say your PC you will have a MUCH larger desktop, and say and xbox360 or PS3 the graphics will be more details as you have more pixels.

But it also then again depends on how close you sit.

This is not true. Most games on 360/PS3 are rendered in 720P natively. when running at resolutions higher than 720P, the console is simply up-scaling the 720P image to fit the resolution of the screen - no extra data is rendered.

of the hundreds games available on 360 right now, theres 17 games that display 1080P as a native resolution, with only 2 of them being confirmed by the creators.

Source: http://www.makeyougohmm.com/xbox360-1080p-games/ and http://www.makeyougohmm.com/20070721/4652/

Consider me corrected.

Was more of a general statement. Certainly more of the game will be 1080p in the future. So my statement should have been more about future proofing.

Atleast that explains why some games dont look all that different in 720p.. haha VT3 does look superb at 1080p tho.

Thanks for the clarification, it seems I forgot that fine details :blush:

Consider me corrected.

Was more of a general statement. Certainly more of the game will be 1080p in the future. So my statement should have been more about future proofing.

Atleast that explains why some games dont look all that different in 720p.. haha VT3 does look superb at 1080p tho.

Thanks for the clarification, it seems I forgot that fine details :blush:

No worries. I just make sure that people are aware of it before they go dropping $5k on a telly that they will most likely never truly use to its full capacity. I was going to buy one of the 46 M81s but its a much better option, given my uses to go with the R81 series instead.

Hey

So you did you try at the chaddy one, with the reciept ??

they refused to do it, saying that whoever had done that would have lost their job... which i highly doubt... I went to chaddy and they denied selling the TV for that price. I told them to reprint the recept out, and they wouldnt do it...

I just dont understand?

How did you manage to get it at that price on finance?

Just bought the 46 M81 today from Landmark Computers today (www.lmc.com.au) @ Box Hill.

Last one they actually had in stock.....Malaysian panel.

$3900 + $249 ex warranty to 5yrs. Website price is $3999. Delivery tomorrow!! :)

Listed price for 40 inch is $3199 so should be able to knock it to sub-3K.

Great service from Xavier. Good luck to those interested!!!

P.S. When I spoke to Chaddy HN, said waiting for stock to arrive 10/8, pricing for ~$4200.

For those in Syd, I picked up a 40inch M8 for $3040 last week. I was quoted $3930 for the 46inch.

This was from the Good guys in Castle Hill.

What the heck? I went to GG Auburn and the guy offered me $3350. He said $3040 is below the cost price. Are you sure you didn't buy like 20 more other lcds? The cost price is around 3100 at the place that i work and i can't get it even for that price

gimme a name from castle hill GG

Edited by cysp

What the heck? I went to GG Auburn and the guy offered me $3350. He said $3040 is below the cost price. Are you sure you didn't buy like 20 more other lcds? The cost price is around 3100 at the place that i work and i can't get it even for that price

gimme a name from castle hill GG

110% mate. that was my purchase price.

I can't remember off the top of my head , but the guy name may have been Michael. He is an Indian bloke.

I also got another quote from Jb in Parramatta. The guy I spoke to was Chris, he best price was $3050.

just thought i'd help out for future buyers. I got my 46" m81 (malaysia model) for $3800 delivered from Myer :) with standard 3yr warranty.

Great news looking to finally buy in the next week..good to see ppl are still getting these great prices, was this in the Brisbane area perhaps? Thanks

Edited by Shasty

• 2 weeks later...