Sign in to follow this  
lenny888

Best Price For Samsung 40 Inch La40m81bd

Would I be crazy to pass one of these up for $2670? I was originally holding out for the new Panasonic range, as 32" is really all I need, but they're ticketed to be like 24-2500 at release (in a couple of weeks) - so paying an extra couple of hundred for that much real estate sounds like a winner to me.

Advice?

As an aside, was it ever deduced what the 'X' on the end means of the product number? I can't find any reason for it/difference at all.

id buy it. if you decide you dont want it you can always sell it to me for that price :D

Picked one up for $3300 at HN on the GC. Went to JB and the best they would do is $3450.

Still waiting for it to be delivered. Have other stuff getting delivered to so I figured I'd get it all at once.

-Sky

Picked one up for $3300 at HN on the GC. Went to JB and the best they would do is $3450.

Still waiting for it to be delivered. Have other stuff getting delivered to so I figured I'd get it all at once.

-Sky

Im absolutely torn on which to get. Samsung or Bravia.

I dont really want to go over the 4 grand mark.

Id rather a 46 inch than 40.

If the samsung 46 is just as good for a little less than the bravia which is around the $4600 mark what should i get?

Any help would be much appreciated!

I just faced this question here. 40" M81 for ~$3200 or the 46" for what I ended up paying $3999. The 46" seemed the better "bang for buck" at that price. If I couldn't get sub $4k (yeah yeah $1 I know) then I would have prob. just gone for the 40" at $3200 but I figure if you're spending THAT MUCH money you might as well get as big as the budget can afford, assuming the room you will have it it can handle that size (I'm about to find out!).

I was also looking at the Sony X series Bravia's.. they have a nice picture but I felt the Sammy's blacks were better overall and the price was a little less so went that way. Your mileage may differ.

Good luck with the decision!

I just faced this question here. 40" M81 for ~$3200 or the 46" for what I ended up paying $3999. The 46" seemed the better "bang for buck" at that price. If I couldn't get sub $4k (yeah yeah $1 I know) then I would have prob. just gone for the 40" at $3200 but I figure if you're spending THAT MUCH money you might as well get as big as the budget can afford, assuming the room you will have it it can handle that size (I'm about to find out!).

I was also looking at the Sony X series Bravia's.. they have a nice picture but I felt the Sammy's blacks were better overall and the price was a little less so went that way. Your mileage may differ.

Good luck with the decision!

Thanks mate appreciate that!

Does your sammy have a hd tuner built in?

Also where did you get it from?

C.

Yep the LA46M81BDX has a HD tuner built in.. like the Sony X series Bravia's. I got mine from JB Hi-Fi Melbourne... They have a $4996 (!) price tag on the 46" Samsung M81 but yep I basically got $1k off. They must figure some sucker will come in and pay the full price tag without even ASKING about a cheaper price (!). I guess one of those would make up for a couple of us.. and hey if they make $100 or something on the $4k price tag we all win hey?

(though Danny assured me his cost price was around $4100 on that model.. if that can be believed)

So no one seems getting extended warranty for their TV hey?

I just need to know how much is the cost for it probably for 2 or 3 years which will have the total of 5 or 6 years warranty.

Yep the LA46M81BDX has a HD tuner built in.. like the Sony X series Bravia's. I got mine from JB Hi-Fi Melbourne... They have a $4996 (!) price tag on the 46" Samsung M81 but yep I basically got $1k off. They must figure some sucker will come in and pay the full price tag without even ASKING about a cheaper price (!). I guess one of those would make up for a couple of us.. and hey if they make $100 or something on the $4k price tag we all win hey?

(though Danny assured me his cost price was around $4100 on that model.. if that can be believed)

Cool i wonder if harvey N have this telly in stock?

Im also looking at Samsung LN-T4665F as its gotten great reviews, you know anything about this one?

im waitin on new stock of the LA40m81bdx to arrive at the knox Big picture people to replace my shaub lorenz. the guys at bpp have been very nice and are gonna give me the samsung for $2,999.can't wait :P

On my quest to find a replacement for a dead RPTV I went to look at the LA40M81BD at the (not so) local HN. It was an extremely good picture but the one thing that concerned me was the reflective screen. When the rep turned the TV off you could see all the showroom in the screen. How would this go in a normal room with daylight and lighting? Could any current owners shed some light. Thanks

Hi! could someone tell me the best price/place in Victoria for a Samsung 40" 1080p?

Thanks a lot.

Hi! could someone tell me the best price/place in Victoria for a Samsung 40" 1080p?

Thanks a lot.

Where do you live ? What shops are close to you. People are getting around the 3200 mark or better depends on your bargaining skills i guess.

Don't pay anything more than 4k for one of them.

So no one seems getting extended warranty for their TV hey?

I just need to know how much is the cost for it probably for 2 or 3 years which will have the total of 5 or 6 years warranty.

Well I got mine from Good Guys Auburn for $3300 (cash) with the extended warranty. He said $3150 without, so I guess expect about $150-220 for the extended warranty, depending on where you go. From memory DSE told me $210 for their extended warranty, but they also said that their price of $3850 was "the best I'll get" and "good luck at getting it for around $3300" :lol:

Where do you live ? What shops are close to you. People are getting around the 3200 mark or better depends on your bargaining skills i guess.

Around Melbourne metro area. Any thoughts on where I can go and have a chat this weekend? I was thinking of going down to Good-Guys Preston.

cheers,

Just wondering what the best price anyone in Canberra has managed to get for Samsung LA40M81BDX and where they got it from?

Are there any 40" owners out there from the Darwin area. If there is can you please tell what price I would expect to pay.

I just priced this model in Katherine and the best they reckon they can do for a cash sale is $4100. Told them I can get it from HN in Darwin for $3899 (catalogue price) but they still wont budge. I am not paying that much when I know you can get it much cheaper anywhere else.

Cheers

Just seen this thread so will post here as well. By the way just seen in the WOW catalogue they are selling the 40" version for $3699.

Cheers

Reece

whats the best sticker prices around that people have seen, particularly brisbane? Im thinking of getting one on a GE card i already have, so obviously they wont really deal on price, but ive seen sticker prices ranging from $3600 - $4000 for the 40", and $4500 - $4999 for the 46". Will one store usually match a stickered price from another store, and still do it on finance? Usually they claim they get gouged by GE and cant budge on price, and suggest the dodgy "flexirent/ezyway" style options instead

Picked up the 40 inch model from a Melbourne Retravision store through a friend for $3050.

Got another two years warranty for $200 and delivery thrown in for free.

Just got offered the the LA46MA81 for $4200 on 12 months interest free (GO card) from HN. Anyone know of a better credit purchase in Sydney?

For those in Canberra looking at the LA40M81BD, I was out at Domayne in Fyshwick and the salesman said he could do 3200 for it if paying cash or 3380 on 18 months interest free. Not sure if that was just this weekend though, as they are having a sale on all Samsung products this weekend, it ends Monday. Salesman's name is Carlos in case anyone wants to know that as well.

I didn't end up going for that tv because it was gonna end up being a bit expensive as I wanted a PS3 as well, but just thought I would let people know.

Around Melbourne metro area. Any thoughts on where I can go and have a chat this weekend? I was thinking of going down to Good-Guys Preston.

cheers,

Go to Myer in Doncaster, or call them first, for a best price. Talk to Glenn or Zoran

hi i'm having some trouble finding a good price for the samsung 40 Inch LA40M81BD i called up jb hi fi and bing lee who both quoted $3300 the best price i could find was on shopbot.com.au at 2993.4 http://www.shopbot.com.au/default.asp?kw=L...position=search

but they flatly refused to match this and said $3300 was the best they could offer could any1 tell me how much they got their 40" for how much and where? if its better than 3300 could u provide a receipt?

thx

i've been watching this thread to help me choose my tv. the best price. in brisbane try MYER at indro. best price on both sizes. i buying mine thursday.