Best Price For Samsung 40 Inch La40m81bd

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$2,795.00 for the 40... WOW that is cheap.

And it was definitly the M81 series on the R or S series?

It was definitely the 'M' series, 1080P ones.

Was told there was an 'N' series coming out as well in 40" and 46" which was 1080P as well and cheaper. The 'N' series only had 10,000:1 contrast versus 15,000:1 contrast on the 'M' series. It also has a hidden side speaker system with a rectangular base.

I was also informed that the N8 series can re-create a cinema experience with Movie Mode, which emulates the colour temperature (6,500 degrees Kelvin) created by movie projectors.

It was definitely the 'M' series, 1080P ones.

Was told there was an 'N' series coming out as well in 40" and 46" which was 1080P as well and cheaper. The 'N' series only had 10,000:1 contrast versus 15,000:1 contrast on the 'M' series. It also has a hidden side speaker system with a rectangular base.

I was also informed that the N8 series can re-create a cinema experience with Movie Mode, which emulates the colour temperature (6,500 degrees Kelvin) created by movie projectors.

Are these advertised prices... I actually got my 46 M81 from HN and they said they will beat any advertised price.

I just thought the prices I showed as advertised in my prior post were much lower than I have seen in Victoria before and as I stated that is for a no deposit deal and cash will always get the price down with a bit of haggling

I have seen the LA40M81BDX in Sydney for $2,795.00 and the LA46M81BDX for $3,565.00

There must have been a price drop in the last few days.

Was that the marked price or did you have to haggle a bit, and which store?

I went to the samsung shop in burwood westfield yesterday and just asked for the best price (with no haggling) for LA40M81BDX; they said $3000. Instead of haggling them to drop it to ~$2,795, i would rather haggle the store you saw it at to get it sub $2,795 :)

• 4 weeks later...

For those still interested in this TV I bought one at the weekend from Good Guys, Alexandria, Sydney - it was marked up at $2699 but got another $50 off. I was also buying a fridge at the time but I'm sure they'd have knocked the $50 off even if I wasn't. Think I got a pretty good deal!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys my first post. After some running around and some haggling with about 10 different stores I got JB hifi down to $2575 (cash price) for the 40" M81.

That seems like the best price I have read about.

Would you guys explain to me some of the problems experienced by some owners of these TV's, just so I know what to look out for. Thanks

I purchased the 40" M81 3 weeks ago and it's great. Can't believe the HD quality. The price seems to be dropping by about $100 per week. When the N81 is out there it will all be over. Now definitely is the time ot buy.

"Sutton Dagger", Don't worry about the problems reported earlier, they were minor and are resolved now. Just sit back and enjoy it.

Hi guys my first post. After some running around and some haggling with about 10 different stores I got JB hifi down to $2575 (cash price) for the 40" M81.

That seems like the best price I have read about.

Would you guys explain to me some of the problems experienced by some owners of these TV's, just so I know what to look out for. Thanks

Mine Harvey Norman $2,600 last saturday. Get a new antenna cable as that's not included.

Bought a brand newie in sealed box. Was Cheaper than ShopBot - go figure ? and I didn't have to pay transport as it "just fitted in the back seat of my car in box" - luck

Found to get the best out of for a medium to dim room.

User Menu off memory ....

Select your source DTV - digital or source like DVD player - (forget analog - thats a joke)

Picture select Movie

- Adjust Contrast to 68

Brigtness leave where it is or 45-50

Colour leave at 53 or go to 50

Backlight 3

Detailed menu ....

Black - LOW - DTV For certain DVD's may need to be MED to High

Dynamic Contrast - Medium

Gamma -1 (Thats -1 to bring the medium brighness back to give better colour to grass, reduce highlights a tad - a good thing.

Colour - Wide

This gives me the very best picture from dark movies to a Bright sunny soccer match, better than a pro Euro style CRT except for some of the punchy colours that Plasmas or LCD are inherited with. The set detail is great and the black is like a Plasma - using ~ 120W - tested in house at these settings, try that with a Plasma!

Viewing angle is NOT really 178° - more like 50-60°max if you want perfect colours,

Action - this babies fast I tell you. - Perfect

The biggest isssue is this set reproduced the signal given so tightly that you can see if the feed / program is 100% or not.

So if the on air program is crap in / crap out. Handles old interlaced DVD's DTV & HTV - fantasticaly - alanalog tuner inbuilt is crap - but who would use it ? make sure your on DTV.

You can adjust this set to the neatest picture for a particular film, but if you switch from a movie to football you would have to redo them, therefore my settings above suit the brightness of the room and average out of the programs I watch.

Might post this up to see in another section to see how others set their's up theirs for dtv & DVD's

Good luck with your purchase

All the best Ausmartin

Edited by ausmartin

Picked mine up from JB HiFi today, 2700 without haggling.

He said the prices had just dropped yesterday and was reading off a price change sheet instead of the usual pricing sheets, so I tend to believe him.

One thing to watch though, in my excitement I took it home and got it setup without checking the box. I was at the back plugging it in when the gf enquired about why the screen was matte, she thought it was supposed to be gloss.

So I looked at the sticker in front of my face to read it was an N instead of an M :(

Called JB they swapped it straight over no drama, just one to watch out for

Great set!

Picked mine up from JB HiFi today, 2700 without haggling.

He said the prices had just dropped yesterday and was reading off a price change sheet instead of the usual pricing sheets, so I tend to believe him.

One thing to watch though, in my excitement I took it home and got it setup without checking the box. I was at the back plugging it in when the gf enquired about why the screen was matte, she thought it was supposed to be gloss.

So I looked at the sticker in front of my face to read it was an N instead of an M :(

Called JB they swapped it straight over no drama, just one to watch out for

Great set!

hehe. sorry about that,....silly storeroom boy and his lack of reading skills.

hope you enjoy the tv........

:)

hahaha annoying.

So the price you paid.. the 2700.. was that the M or N price?

Seems they have dropped a lot in price on the samsung price as well, they are now listed at about 800 less for the M81 than they were about 3 months ago when i bought mine.. amazing!!!

Good time to be buying TVs :D

i can't believe how low. bing lee actually has the 40 inch on special (in the sun herald) for $2899 then there's still negotiation. i remember when bing lee opened the first store parramatta i think that jingle was so annoying but it grew on you, i still remember parts of it. anyway of topic. hubby finally almost kindof possibly maybe ready to start my tv unit. 2 hours of negotiating, playing with tape measure and peices of timber. wish me luck.

i can't believe how low. bing lee actually has the 40 inch on special (in the sun herald) for $2899 then there's still negotiation. i remember when bing lee opened the first store parramatta i think that jingle was so annoying but it grew on you, i still remember parts of it. anyway of topic. hubby finally almost kindof possibly maybe ready to start my tv unit. 2 hours of negotiating, playing with tape measure and peices of timber. wish me luck.

i got them dowm to $2580 a few days ago with free delivery and free panasonic hdmi cable