Best Price For Samsung 40 Inch La40m81bd

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SeventhLion
Will the 40" M81 fit into the back seat of a medium size car such as Accord euro so i don't have to pay the delivery for it?

Thanks

In one piece? No.

I just got mine today from JB-HIFI Myaree in Perth for $3130 after they matched and gave a better price than HN O'Cornor ($3165).

Both places have good sales staff. The HN staff showed me on the computer the Cost for them is $3153 (but well i didn't trust him 100% on that figure).

Actually i went to GG as well but the staff was not friendly and they would match HN price but they didn't allow me to leave the shop to think and decide about it so i didn't even consider their matched price.

Their tagged prices are crazy $3699 or $3999. The HN staff showed me some people even pay the tagged price without asking for discount.

Both places have good sales staff. The HN staff showed me on the computer the Cost for them is $3153 (but well i didn't trust him 100% on that figure).

Looks about right, I visted one of my friends who pulled up a figure of just over $2,900 excluding GST so that would make the cost $3,200. Quiet a distance from the $3,999 it was in another of their stores for.

Okay well after dropping back into JB HI in Melbounre, I changed from the Bravia X 40" to the M81 40" and saved 400 bucks on what I had paid. Total price for the M81 was $3198. The delivery was stupid (79 dollars) so I will go and pick it up myself. I also got the matching DVD player the samsung 1080-p7 DVD player for 180.

Ok ... Gonna pickup the 40" LCD TV on Wednesday.

I am thinking to take an extended warranty for this. How much roughly will it cost?

Just to reiterate what SeventhLion said, the 40" box doesn't fit into the back seat of an Accord Euro unless you squash the box or push the seat down. I tried last night, the box is a fraction too tall.

Okay well after dropping back into JB HI in Melbounre, I changed from the Bravia X 40" to the M81 40" and saved 400 bucks on what I had paid. Total price for the M81 was $3198. The delivery was stupid (79 dollars) so I will go and pick it up myself. I also got the matching DVD player the samsung 1080-p7 DVD player for 180.

Which store was this?

Which store was this?

Elizabeth Street. Do you wanna know the sales person as well ? If so it was Danny. The Upscaling DVD player was 186. I know you can do better but I figure i got a nice deal on the TV. They are all out of stock right now and expecting more TV's in two weeks. (Just enough time to get the Xbox 360 repaired and ready for some HD DVD action.)

Interesting. I was in Elizabeth St last week and Danny latched onto me (gave me his card). Was really pushing the M81 as "the best LCD we have" (or something similar. I'm amazed the sticker price is like $3500 or more yet they're willing to go down to what $3198. I wonder what they'd do for the 46"? Must go and ask..

Is $3198 with cash or finance? Did you get extra warranty

Is the movie plus problem fixed in your unit ? Let us know how it goes with the 360 vga cable

Sorry about all the questions but wanna know cuz you're from Melb.

I picked my M81 40" up for $3150 from Bing Lee in Brookvale Sydney a couple of weeks ago. Paid by credit card and didn't need to bargain hard. Walked out of the shop with it and slotted it neatly into the back of my CRV (with the back seats down).

Great TV !

Went back the next week and picked up the Samsung 1080p DVD player for $185 (includes HDMI cable).

Cheers

I picked my M81 40" up for $3150 from Bing Lee in Brookvale Sydney a couple of weeks ago. Paid by credit card and didn't need to bargain hard. Walked out of the shop with it and slotted it neatly into the back of my CRV (with the back seats down).

Great TV !

Went back the next week and picked up the Samsung 1080p DVD player for $185 (includes HDMI cable).

Cheers

Zinc, Which Samsung DVD player model are you getting? Does it support HDMI?

Edited by eecchhoo

Is $3198 with cash or finance? Did you get extra warranty

Is the movie plus problem fixed in your unit ? Let us know how it goes with the 360 vga cable

Sorry about all the questions but wanna know cuz you're from Melb.

Okay so that price was on Credit card (mastercard in fact). Danny gave me the story he couldnt go below 3300 as was only 18 dollars in the margin. Turns out they must get a rebate or something as he did 3198 after about two minutes. I didnt have to bust his chops hard at all. He did also tell me that you can get them online but they are 3k roughly (as we all know) but they have no warrenty and are grey market imports. I would have thought this is a joke as for the tuner to work it would need to be the Aussie model etc. As for warrenty i am sure you would have one when you buy it in oz.

I didnt get the extended warrenty (it comes with 3 years and thats not bad at all). I didnt even check on the price of the option. As for the VAG cable, I am awaiting the cable to be delivered same with the TV (iots still two weeks away as they had no stock).

i shall update you after it arrives.

Would I be crazy to pass one of these up for $2670? I was originally holding out for the new Panasonic range, as 32" is really all I need, but they're ticketed to be like 24-2500 at release (in a couple of weeks) - so paying an extra couple of hundred for that much real estate sounds like a winner to me.

Advice?

As an aside, was it ever deduced what the 'X' on the end means of the product number? I can't find any reason for it/difference at all.