Best Price For Samsung 40 Inch La40m81bd

hi i'm having some trouble finding a good price for the samsung 40 Inch LA40M81BD i called up jb hi fi and bing lee who both quoted $3300 the best price i could find was on shopbot.com.au at 2993.4 http://www.shopbot.com.au/default.asp?kw=L...position=search

but they flatly refused to match this and said $3300 was the best they could offer could any1 tell me how much they got their 40" for how much and where? if its better than 3300 could u provide a receipt?

thx

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JB Hi-fi: $2796

MYER: $2999

can u perhaps give more details to this which shop, which person and any scans you could provide to provide proof ? if u could it'd be much appreciated

If you're in Sydney - you will be able to pick up the M81 Samsung 40" True HD for under $3,000 delivered if you visit the Good Guys at Alexandria.

Phone 9693-6000 and ask for Michael M.

Same as above for Adelaide would be great.

For Adelaide buyers see Radio Rentals at Prospect. I got it for $3299. Ask for Salesman Ryan Staude. I've had my TV for 1 week now. I have none of the problems with Movie Plus or VGA 1080p probs.

Cheers

Jofus

For Adelaide buyers see Radio Rentals at Prospect. I got it for $3299. Ask for Salesman Ryan Staude. I've had my TV for 1 week now. I have none of the problems with Movie Plus or VGA 1080p probs.

Cheers

Jofus

Extremely greatful for the referal Jofus, thankyou. Glad to hear the Sammy's been good to you. I would love to acquire one for under the $2800 bracket as quoted by eddieaus nonetheless.

Jofus, is it made in Malaysia ? Or China ?

This would certainly be nice to know, Jofus. Which is the superior unit, Pallamallawa? Or is that what you are seeking to establish?

Extremely greatful for the referal Jofus, thankyou. Glad to hear the Sammy's been good to you. I would love to acquire one for under the $2800 bracket as quoted by eddieaus nonetheless.

This would certainly be nice to know, Jofus. Which is the superior unit, Pallamallawa? Or is that what you are seeking to establish?

No probs.... not sure about the Under $2800 price though.... I've always had the theory that you get what you pay for..... get it from a reputable dealer and you shouldnt have any dramas. Ive always found Radio Rentals to have excellent after sales service.

I'm not sure either what country my TV comes from. I dont have clouding issues either.

Jofus

its not an online store. i have actually been to the store to make a purchase. look, i was just tryin to help. the guy was askin round for the best price. found one n pointed him to the right direction.

You can get the LA40M81BDX from GG Alexandria under $3,000 delivered - read NOT an online store. Ring Chad - 96936026.

Ask for stock though - the prices they are doing they will fly out the door.

You can get the LA40M81BDX from GG Alexandria under $3,000 delivered - read NOT an online store. Ring Chad - 96936026.

Ask for stock though - the prices they are doing they will fly out the door.

That price is for Cash. If you want finance then you'll have to do the ticket price of $3299. 12 months with no deposit, 24 months with 1/3rd deposit. To get sub $3000 you'll have to do a deal with them apparently.

I'll go check out the JB HiFi lead myself, don't have the cash at the moment to get it anyway.

There are some nice prices from places here. I am curious as to what people have been paying at HN, JB etc. in Melbounre. I know they have a sticker price of 3500 on the TV at JB. Not sure what they charge for delivery.

I'm confused though the Samsung site lists it as an LA40M81BD not an X? What does the X represent?

thks

im also wanting to know what the "X" represents. can anyone pls shed a light.

I just got mine today from JB-HIFI Myaree in Perth for $3130 after they matched and gave a better price than HN O'Cornor ($3165).

Both places have good sales staff. The HN staff showed me on the computer the Cost for them is $3153 (but well i didn't trust him 100% on that figure).

Actually i went to GG as well but the staff was not friendly and they would match HN price but they didn't allow me to leave the shop to think and decide about it so i didn't even consider their matched price.

Their tagged prices are crazy $3699 or $3999. The HN staff showed me some people even pay the tagged price without asking for discount.

Both places have good sales staff. The HN staff showed me on the computer the Cost for them is $3153 (but well i didn't trust him 100% on that figure).

Looks about right, I visted one of my friends who pulled up a figure of just over $2,900 excluding GST so that would make the cost $3,200. Quiet a distance from the $3,999 it was in another of their stores for.

Okay well after dropping back into JB HI in Melbounre, I changed from the Bravia X 40" to the M81 40" and saved 400 bucks on what I had paid. Total price for the M81 was $3198. The delivery was stupid (79 dollars) so I will go and pick it up myself. I also got the matching DVD player the samsung 1080-p7 DVD player for 180.

Ok ... Gonna pickup the 40" LCD TV on Wednesday.

I am thinking to take an extended warranty for this. How much roughly will it cost?

Edited by eecchhoo
Ok ... Gonna pickup the 40" LCD TV on Wednesday.

I am thinking to take an extended warranty for this. How much roughly will it cost?

Just to reiterate what SeventhLion said, the 40" box doesn't fit into the back seat of an Accord Euro unless you squash the box or push the seat down. I tried last night, the box is a fraction too tall.

Okay well after dropping back into JB HI in Melbounre, I changed from the Bravia X 40" to the M81 40" and saved 400 bucks on what I had paid. Total price for the M81 was $3198. The delivery was stupid (79 dollars) so I will go and pick it up myself. I also got the matching DVD player the samsung 1080-p7 DVD player for 180.

Which store was this?

Which store was this?

Elizabeth Street. Do you wanna know the sales person as well ? If so it was Danny. The Upscaling DVD player was 186. I know you can do better but I figure i got a nice deal on the TV. They are all out of stock right now and expecting more TV's in two weeks. (Just enough time to get the Xbox 360 repaired and ready for some HD DVD action.)

Interesting. I was in Elizabeth St last week and Danny latched onto me (gave me his card). Was really pushing the M81 as "the best LCD we have" (or something similar. I'm amazed the sticker price is like $3500 or more yet they're willing to go down to what $3198. I wonder what they'd do for the 46"? Must go and ask..

Is $3198 with cash or finance? Did you get extra warranty

Is the movie plus problem fixed in your unit ? Let us know how it goes with the 360 vga cable

Sorry about all the questions but wanna know cuz you're from Melb.