No Signal At All On Lg42lb2de Tv

Got a New LG 42LB2DE Delivered tuesday and all has been working fine. Pluged it into coax wall outlet and store digital pictures fine, been recording digital TV and have been playing XBOX360 over component and RGB.

Tonight it just droped signal on digital, so switched it over to analog and still no signal, thought it must be the tv areial so left it for an hour. Turned it back on and still no signal. So i decied to play abit of xbox over RGB, no signal. Tried component leads, no signal. Also tried composite and no signal ther either. Have also tried a Laptop over RGB, still no signal.

I also tried to play some recorded stuff from the on-board DVR. It plays but no sound.

So is the TV stuffed or what? I bought it from good guys so do I phone them up in the moring or get in touch with LG (not that I know how to do that either)

Any advice would be greatly apreciated

Thanks

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dirkbox,

If it says "No Signal" and you are trying to watch TV, then Go to the Geographic Viewers’ Forum, which is near the bottom of the main forum’s home page. Select your region and read the pinned post “Get the Best Reception”. Please post any further correspondence in this strand for all in your region to see. I will see it anyway. You could also search your location in that strand for others in your area.

AlanH

I have had the exact same problem with my LG 42LB2DE. It is not a signal or cable problem -- I plugged my 'backup' set & verified that siganl etc was OK. My set 'recovered' the next morning (today), but the problem has reoccurred tonight.

interesting, i cant seem to get any signal for my digital channels at all with the LG, and i cant even get my 360 to work via 1080p...

Not happy ..

DJBBOY

[/quotte]

Yep thats what happened to me too. I phoned good guys up the next morning and told them the TV was dead. They delivered a new one that afternoon. Gotta say they do have very good customer service.

Had the new one running since yesterday afternoon, it has a few stuck pixels but other han that it's fine. I still like the TV so lets hope that I was just unlucky the first time.

Still can't get my laptop to run through VGA though.

I'd say get a replacement djbboy.

Well just an update. Recording digital tv tonight so watching a few programs on analog. Watching CSI and the sound has gone off 6 times!! Flick the chanels no sound, switch from analog to digital get sound, flick back from digital to analog sound again.

well as writing this it has happened for a 7th time!

Gutted as we bought an LG fridge at the same time as the TV I hope that doesn't go the same way as this TV.

any further updates?

my TV has been working fine for 4-5 days ...havent done anything other than unplug everything, plug it back in again & turn off the Timeshift function.

Contacted LG and the suggested having a service call to assess it but I have been reluctant to do that when it working Ok ...so I am waiting for the problem to re-emerge.

any further updates?

my TV has been working fine for 4-5 days ...havent done anything other than unplug everything, plug it back in again & turn off the Timeshift function.

Contacted LG and the suggested having a service call to assess it but I have been reluctant to do that when it working Ok ...so I am waiting for the problem to re-emerge.

All seems fine apart from recording CSI last night and came to watch it and it had no sound. Now i think that may be down to having bad signal on 10 as it has been dropping out most of the day, only on TEN though and it did do it on ten on analog

...and it had no sound. Now i think that may be down to having bad signal on 10 as it has been dropping out most of the day, only on TEN though and it did do it on ten on analog

But if it is tuned to a digital signal on channel 10, it doesn't make sense that you would have vision recorded OK, but no sound. You realy should have both, or both drop out at the same time.

What do you mean by 'it did do it on 10 analog'? You switched back to 10 analogue, and both picture and sound were dropping out?

• 2 weeks later...
...my guess would be poor signal.

It still doesn't make sense... Poor signal should not make audio dissappear while video comes through OK.

But if it is tuned to a digital signal on channel 10, it doesn't make sense that you would have vision recorded OK, but no sound.

It still doesn't make sense... Poor signal should not make audio dissappear while video comes through OK.

I wonder if it could be that you're in digital audio mode, but they're only broadcasting in MPEG audio at that time? From the manual:In digital mode, repeatedly press the I/I I change the audio mode (MPEG or DOLBYb DutItGoInT AtoL).

Something to try at least.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

We just bought this model LG. Had it for about a week. TV worked for about 1 week, then the 'No Signal' message came up. Unplugged it, left if off overnight and still not working in the morning.

Contacted JB Hifi and had a replacement delivered today. All working so far.

Any ideas why this might be happening? JB tried to fob us off to LG for resolution. Anyone spoken to LG about the problem?

Has anyone had this model, 42LB2DE, working for the last few months?

Guest lgservicetech77
We just bought this model LG. Had it for about a week. TV worked for about 1 week, then the 'No Signal' message came up. Unplugged it, left if off overnight and still not working in the morning.

Any ideas why this might be happening? JB tried to fob us off to LG for resolution. Anyone spoken to LG about the problem?

FYI - LG have a 7 day D.O.A (Dead on arrival)policy with the retailers. If your set fails within 7 days of delivery, LG expect the retailer to replace the set ASAP. Mate, it sounds like the main pcb has gone down, particularly the tuner in the unit fails. I have seen a couple of these units already for the same/similar fault. I suggest you get the set replaced by your retailer before the 7 day period is over, otherwise, they can & probably will refer you to the nearest LG repairer.

Hope it helps

Guest lgservicetech77

interesting, i cant seem to get any signal for my digital channels at all with the LG, and i cant even get my 360 to work via 1080p...

Not happy ..

DJBBOY

Yep thats what happened to me too. I phoned good guys up the next morning and told them the TV was dead. They delivered a new one that afternoon. Gotta say they do have very good customer service.

Had the new one running since yesterday afternoon, it has a few stuck pixels but other han that it's fine. I still like the TV so lets hope that I was just unlucky the first time.

Still can't get my laptop to run through VGA though.

I'd say get a replacement djbboy.

Try this... go to RGB input, on the screen it will say "RGB-TV" or something to that nature, push the right key & let go, you will see the display change from the aforementioned to "RGB-PC" and your laptop should show up. It doesn't show this in the owners manual for some reason. Try it, it will probably sort it for you. Hope it helps...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fridgie

I had the same problem had a tech out and it didn’t faile at the time. So I decided to rerun all my coax back to the antenna and it has worked fine since.

That is of course if you disregard the fact that the only way to produce true 1080p is if the player you are using can lock to 24fps What a waste of money I might get mine changed for a Samsung.

7 day return policy is crap I’ve had mine over a month and they are still willing to change it over at bing lee.

• 2 weeks later...

So any updates on this?

How is the TV? 1080P working fine? signal loss?

Owners happy with their LG's?

I have owned one for a few weeks now and have had absolutely no problem with the set. It syncs to 24, 50 & 60 fps at 1080p standard without any issue. I have mine connected to a htpc and the set even handles other resolutions (used to speed up games) without a glitch. The picture is good (fast response time) and has a reasonable dynamic contrast. The only negative I have about the set is that the DVR is quite primitive, i.e. you can't record of the EPG.

Well just an update. Recording digital tv tonight so watching a few programs on analog. Watching CSI and the sound has gone off 6 times!! Flick the chanels no sound, switch from analog to digital get sound, flick back from digital to analog sound again.

well as writing this it has happened for a 7th time!

Gutted as we bought an LG fridge at the same time as the TV I hope that doesn't go the same way as this TV.

We have an LG fridge and it is awesome. We have had it for 2 years now, no probs. The TV's seem to be not quite so reliable from what I have read here.

Darren.

• 1 month later...
Got a New LG 42LB2DE Delivered tuesday and all has been working fine. Pluged it into coax wall outlet and store digital pictures fine, been recording digital TV and have been playing XBOX360 over component and RGB.

Tonight it just droped signal on digital, so switched it over to analog and still no signal, thought it must be the tv areial so left it for an hour. Turned it back on and still no signal. So i decied to play abit of xbox over RGB, no signal. Tried component leads, no signal. Also tried composite and no signal ther either. Have also tried a Laptop over RGB, still no signal.

I also tried to play some recorded stuff from the on-board DVR. It plays but no sound.

Unfortunately, I've had almost exact same problem with my 42LB2DE, now some 3 months old.

Strange thing is that the problem isn't the same (different functions fail, at different times) and sometimes it will work 100% fine. HDMI inputs always displayed a picture, but audio always failed, even from the internal DVR (when that worked). Sometimes audio would be "stuck on", volume level couldn't be changed up/down or off. The worse fault I saw, was when the various video inputs became "confused" and showed partially (fuzzy pic) the wrong picture for the wrong input (with a horrible lound static sound also being output - when the sound was working!).

After a week or so, the on-again, off-again problem ...it was driving me nuts...so I called LG...who promptly fobbed me of to an authorised service centre...

Luckily, when the service centre technican came onsite to view the issue...it worked fine then then failed. Which was great, as it is one of the issues had to prove which it's work one minute and then not working the next.

They agreed to take it away and then requested LG for the part...the main PCB - apparently. No parts available. Four weeks later...still no TV.

The service centre filled in the 'service escalation' forms and asked for the TV to be swapped over...after LG couldn't supply the requested parts.

Apparently, LG have declined to 'swap over' the TV...no official word yet...on why. Apparently, LG don't think it's a problem for clients to have expensive LCD TVs sitting around non-functional and give no explanation or reason.

Dave