Sign in to follow this  
Joecool

Multiple 50mxe20 Purchase End Of Fy

Well then put me down for the Digitalview STB as well as the MXE

Im hoping then i can plug in

My new Digitalview HD STB 505

My existing SD Strong PVR

My existing DVD player

Boy will i need somebody to set it up and work out the connections,gosh i will need 2 ariel connnections...

My existing DVD player

Boy will i need somebody to set it up and work out the connections,gosh i will need 2 ariel connnections...

You and me both Ern. I reckon we'll have to get together to work all this out! :blink:

Hi Joe,

thanks for starting this thread with such a great idea.

Please put me down as a possible.

I would need:

- PDP-50MXE20 panel

- PDK-TS07 table top stand

- a scart to component cable (for foxtel)

- the PDA-5004 card

- PDP-S53-LR speakers (if included)

- delivery (inner Melbourne)

thanks ...

Hi Joe,

thanks for starting this thread with such a great idea.

Please put me down as a possible.

I would need:

- PDP-50MXE20 panel

- PDK-TS07 table top stand

- a scart to component cable (for foxtel)

- the PDA-5004 card

- PDP-S53-LR speakers (if included)

- delivery (inner Melbourne)

thanks ...

No probs, except the MXE doesn't come with a speaker, so the PDP-S53-LR would be extra.

Don't worry about delivery, but I'd get a Scart->component from DSE or some place like that.

My existing DVD player

This is why I'm dealing with the people that I am. Cos you won't have to worry about it when your MXE gets installed! They'll do it for you. :blink:

Hi

Can you put me down as a tentative for a panel with wall mounting plate and set top box with delivery to Perth. I think it was mentioned earlier that the wall mount was included.

Went into a store today that has the MXE and they said it would be $200 for the wall mounting plate. In regard to warrenty the website says 2 years. Am I missing something!

Cheers

Hi

In regard to warrenty the website says 2 years. Am I missing something!

Yes! It's five years warranty in a domestic situation.

The way things are going here guys, I think we are on target to hit 20 panels!

My thoughts at this stage are to get offers from my respective sellers and go from there, as I feel the number of tentative enquiries will fall and convert to more committed buyers if we have a buy price, should we hit a target of 20. If we significantly pass that number (surely not, but crikey if we do!!), we can possibly re-evaluate closer to ordering.

We can get also re-evaluate the price if there is another price drop between now and go-time!

Tally is at 11 committed, 7 tentative.

Sorry to be a pain again Nick...

The boss doesn't like the basic black stand PDK-TS07 but likes the look of the PWM-456SC so can you put me down for one of those instead.

Cheers.

If this comes off and you get a great price I might even chip in a bit towards your STB!

Sorry to be a pain again Nick...

The boss doesn't like the basic black stand PDK-TS07 but likes the look of the PWM-456SC so can you put me down for one of those instead.

Cheers.

If this comes off and you get a great price I might even chip in a bit towards your STB!

Not an issue!! I seriously think we have a great position to bargain.

oooh, sounds tempting mate! maybe dinner and a movie?? :blink::D:P

Wow, fantastic! Newbie here, very interested in this group buy.

Could you please put me down as a tentative (very likely to convert), for the screen, and a black stand.

I'm in Sydney.

Anything else you need to know from me?

Wow, fantastic! Newbie here, very interested in this group buy.

Could you please put me down as a tentative (very likely to convert), for the screen, and a black stand.

I'm in Sydney.

Anything else you need to know from me?

Do you need a HD STB?

Nice going alku83...2 hours to do 10 posts!

What can I say, I was deathly bored at work! Reading/posting about plasmas made the afternoon go much quicker :-)

Hi all

I just wanted to bring to all your attention, before prices come through, that I have gotten in contact with some suppliers for pricing based on 20 panels.

At this stage, I have 12 definites and 7 on the fence, so we're not quite there yet.

Once pricing is obtained from all parties, only then, will I privately disclose to those who have expressed an interest, or are GENUINELY interested in getting in on the group buy.

Now, I ask that you carefully read and do the following:

PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS OR REVEAL PRICING PUBLICLY ON ANY FORUMS, ONCE THE PRICES HAVE BEEN DISCLOSED TO YOU!!!

This is to protect the supplier, and also to protect Pioneer. Should either deem that their position has been compromised, they have the right to withdraw from the group buy!! And rightly so! WE HAVE ALL BEEN WARNED! Pio....errr....Big Brother reads these forums, you know! :blink:

Sorry to sound like the plasma nazi, guys and girls. I just want this to go smoothly and keep everyone happy and enjoy our panels!! :D

Hi all

I just wanted to bring to all your attention, before prices come through, that I have gotten in contact with some suppliers for pricing based on 20 panels.

At this stage, I have 12 definites and 7 on the fence, so we're not quite there yet.

Once pricing is obtained from all parties, only then, will I privately disclose to those who have expressed an interest, or are GENUINELY interested in getting in on the group buy.

Now, I ask that you carefully read and do the following:

PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS OR REVEAL PRICING PUBLICLY ON ANY FORUMS, ONCE THE PRICES HAVE BEEN DISCLOSED TO YOU!!!

This is to protect the supplier, and also to protect Pioneer. Should either deem that their position has been compromised, they have the right to withdraw from the group buy!! And rightly so! WE HAVE ALL BEEN WARNED! Pio....errr....Big Brother reads these forums, you know! :blink:

Sorry to sound like the plasma nazi, guys and girls. I just want this to go smoothly and keep everyone happy and enjoy our panels!! :D

Great work i presume we all need to get to 10 posts or watever for you to be able to contact us privately via Pm ( i have no idea how pm works)

Fantastic! Any chance we can get some idea of the prelim pricing (through PMs of course). If not thats cool, I can wait. Just looking forward to hugging my new big screen! Was so stoked to come across this thread today.

EDIT: Just re-read your post. Waiting it is!

Fantastic! Any chance we can get some idea of the prelim pricing (through PMs of course). If not thats cool, I can wait. Just looking forward to hugging my new big screen! Was so stoked to come across this thread today.

EDIT: Just re-read your post. Waiting it is!

Sorry Alku. I have no prelim pricing at this stage other than a pure prediction, which frankly, is anyone's guess!!

I have a price in my head I hope it's below, but I could be very much delusional :blink:

I just hope it's going to be worth the effort!

Well since big brother is reading these forums, for the number of units we would be purchasing I'd expect a price at or below a listed cost price. Subject to final price, count me in as this may be a really good thing!

Well since big brother is reading these forums, for the number of units we would be purchasing I'd expect a price at or below a listed cost price. Subject to final price, count me in as this may be a really good thing!

Why should anyone sell below cost price? Seriously!! :blink:

This GB is not being put on to shaft retailers, but to get a good deal for everyone involved, the retailer included! By selling a lot of panels at a small profit, they get a good deal also.

Sorry Alku. I have no prelim pricing at this stage other than a pure prediction, which frankly, is anyone's guess!!

I have a price in my head I hope it's below, but I could be very much delusional :blink:

I just hope it's going to be worth the effort!

Hmm, pure prediction - alright I'm guessing $100/panel! Am i right, am i right??

I hope it's worth the effort for everyone too, particularly you. Can't imagine what a nightmare it would be to organise something like this...

Would you like fries....errr....a HD STB with that?

Why should anyone sell below cost price? Seriously!! :blink:

If it were only that simple...

A dealer could be inclined to sell below cost price if it means they hit certain targets, eg a $5k loss on a sale might hit a target that gets them a $10k rebate.

Also, one dealers selling price could be another dealers cost price which might make it look like the sale is below cost.

Cost price as quoted by dealers is often before discounts and is almost certainly before rebates.

There is a good chance that the dealer could arrange a special one-off price from their head office (if they have one) as the head office cost price could be substantially lower than the amount they charge the stores.

The dealer may also be able to arrange a special one-off price with the manufacturer/supplier which allows them to sell below their normal cost.

The dealer may just need some cash flow...

No one is suggesting that a retailer would be silly enough to enter into a deal where he would be disadvantaged on every level but if you are fortunate to hit on a dealer in the right circumstances your side of the win win can seem particularly good. :D

P.S. If they're going for $100 put me down for 2 :P

13 definites and 7 fence sitters....we're getting there!