Multiple 50mxe20 Purchase End Of Fy

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MMM, I've been watching this thread rubbing my hands together. I was planning on getting a 507XDA but it looks like at this price point I'd be crazy not to jump in on this deal.

I'm gunna have to ask the minister for finance so put me on the Fence Sitting list with a STB and wall mount

Cheers

Sydney sider

Just another newbie trying to get to 10 posts, sorry for the interruption.

Would seven people like to ask me a question? Make 'em as hard as you like. Or I could start the ball rolling - what is the closest thing to silver ? Could seven people answer me now, please ? Remember it's quantity not quality we are after here. Is your wife happy? Have you had a birthday in the last twelve months? What is the most expensive piece of electronic gadgetry that you have purchased without the missus really knowing. Please address your replies for the immediate attention of " Supermart"

Cheers,

Martin.

I have only seen the domestic Pioneer model in the flesh and was impressed.

The online images and reviews confirm this is a marked step up.

I have a viewing room that receives a lot of daylight with windows running perpendicular to the screen destination.

I spend most of my current time watching free to air TV but would increase my viewing with a large screen on the wall.

Should my viewing room glass and my current FTA requirements lead my down a different technological path to LCD ?

Thanks,

David.

I would need a STB

gee, someone's in a good mood!!!!

You been watching your 50MXE20 Lyle?

Count me in as a positive "Joecool" i have just found this fantastic forum while looking for a new pioneer, i am completely new to this, all i have is a large room and a power point and and aerial. would like to have a swivel mount , i live near Gosford on the Central Coast. So i will need a set top box and what else? Which speakers! which would recommend. I had better start cracking and read the 10,000 odd forum posts

yeah, Chris is right.

Free delivery to metro areas, ISF calibration by Avical (will blow your socks off after you see this), choice of table top stand or wall mounting bracket, but alas, no installation, as it's a commercial panel.

Of course 5yr warranty applies! :blink:

'morning Chris!

So, it has to be the 50inch? I see there is a 42inch in this range as well. Seating for us is less than 3 metres away and the area where the panel has to be situated is not large enough to place the other 50 inch model...I assume they are a similar size. I'm guessing no supplier would be keen on doing a price on an odd one tacked on!

Or an odd 2 tacked on :blink:. Please PM some more details Joe.

yeah, Chris is right.

Free delivery to metro areas, ISF calibration by Avical (will blow your socks off after you see this), choice of table top stand or wall mounting bracket, but alas, no installation, as it's a commercial panel.

Of course 5yr warranty applies! :blink:

I thought all Pio panels came with free installation. Mine did and I know others who bought did. Were we just lucky?!
I thought all Pio panels came with free installation. Mine did and I know others who bought did. Were we just lucky?!

I think that is because this one is a commercial version and so no installation included.

Guest EZYHD

This is the reply I received...

The Complete Plasma Experience offer is only available for Plasma displays purchased through authorised Pioneer dealers (Harvey Norman, JB HiFi, David Jones, MYER, and a number of independent stores.)

Due to your remote location, the install is provided by the dealer who then claims a rebate from pioneer so it remains free of charge to yourself. The 5 year warranty applies regardless of location within Australia.

regards

Trish

Patricia Dean| Field Service Co-ordinator | Pioneer Electronics Australia Pty Ltd

178-184 Boundary Road, Braeside, VIC 3195, Australia

T: 03 9586 6332 F: 1800 781 114

Trish.Dean@pioneer.com.au

www.pioneer.com.au

The Complete Plasma Experience offer is only available for Plasma displays purchased through authorised Pioneer dealers (Harvey Norman, JB HiFi, David Jones, MYER, and a number of independent stores.)

Due to your remote location, the install is provided by the dealer who then claims a rebate from pioneer so it remains free of charge to yourself. The 5 year warranty applies regardless of location within Australia.

So the implication is that the install IS included whether commercial or not??

I doubt whether I would get the free installation though as the dealer isn't local to my area.

However, I don't think it's that big a deal. What does it involve? Setting it up on the stand and adjusting the picture. I'm sure some of the other purchasers in the group would provide the settings.

I doubt whether I would get the free installation though as the dealer isn't local to my area.

However, I don't think it's that big a deal. What does it involve? Setting it up on the stand and adjusting the picture. I'm sure some of the other purchasers in the group would provide the settings.

Yes you are right.

- As long as the plasma is delivered standing up (and is never laid on its side);

- There are two pople to lift it out of the box and put it on the stand

- cabling is pretty straight forward, just plug it in; making sure you have the right cables beforehand

- setting source on the plasma to component or whatever

- setting each source to outoput 720 or 1080 etc

- going into each settings on the plasma and doing the same

- running through the colour settings RGB etc

Can't think of anything else.

Just that an expert will do it in a few minutes where it would take me an hour or two; and that's with hindsight.

Lyle

Yes you are right.

- setting source on the plasma to component or whatever

- setting each source to outoput 720 or 1080 etc

- going into each settings on the plasma and doing the same

- running through the colour settings RGB etc

Lyle

These might be a little tricky for the inexperienced. I guess one could always call Pioneer's technical service for help.

One of the things (among others of course) that attracted us to the Pioneer was the installation provided by Pioneer. If it doesn't come with these models, then I'm thinking hubby might spring for it if they charge. He hates cabling this stuff up and I have no interest (or knowledge more like it!).

These might be a little tricky for the inexperienced. I guess one could always call Pioneer's technical service for help.

Yes Im a little concered as i feel that I dont have the knowledge to get it right....Hoping for an install also...

selection of correct settings will be a problem..Went and bought the wall stand at BPP yesterday as an install on a brick wall seemed difficult...

Well it was always my understanding that it was included. Commercial didn't matter.

I just assumed with the GB being so widesread across Australia that it was difficult to organise.

But I don't see why Pioneer would not come to the party with a sale of this size.