Multiple 50mxe20 Purchase End Of Fy

~

i cannot pm you yet due to damm regulations

~

You need 5 posts to PM Mick. Throw a few dummy posts in the Red Text thread.

In the meantime, I've sent a PM to Joe for you, but he won't be able to PM you until you have 5 anyway.

Hope you get on.

From one shameless member of Club Pioneer, to a hopeful other. ;)

Cheers,

Aaron.

EDIT: blardy hell Pete, you're everywhere. Don't you have a job. ;)

Hmmm.....sorry, but I think the answer is going to be no.

You might have to call Nightbreed and beg and plead. BUt then, Pioneer may say that the cutoff day is strictly enforced.

If you are after the MXE and the STB then you may have a case, but MXE alone might be pushing it, as they are not making much.

See how you go. PM Nightbreed once you're up to 5 posts and see if he has a heart!!..... :P

Ahhhh...just got my STB.

Waiting on that Pioneer phone call now...anyone got their call yet?

No call from Pioneer, but I received my Digitalview STB yesterday. It's great! Picture quality is superb. Very happy with it.

Not yet,--------------10.20am Tuesday

No call yet either. went down to BPP yesterday and spoke to Jason. Im not overly happy about no call. Jason Pm me yesterday and said that pio would call (i presume you all got that, however no call). All i read about is Pio customer service,well guess what if this is any indication of service...then i wont hold my breath. Anyway im off to BPP again now and i will let you all know what is happening...paid in full last friday week and heard nothing.....well if any Pioneer staff read this....tell us what is going on??? this is from a person who has bought pio all his life including amps DVds etc.

No call yet either. went down to BPP yesterday and spoke to Jason. Im not overly happy about no call. Jason Pm me yesterday and said that pio would call (i presume you all got that, however no call). All i read about is Pio customer service,well guess what if this is any indication of service...then i wont hold my breath. Anyway im off to BPP again now and i will let you all know what is happening...paid in full last friday week and heard nothing.....well if any Pioneer staff read this....tell us what is going on??? this is from a person who has bought pio all his life including amps DVds etc.

My theory is if the cut off date for the group buy was last friday, they will need to collate their orders before arranging delivery. I think we'll hear from them very soon now.

I think one of the consequences of being involved in a group buy is that you have to wait a little longer than if you buy individually.

I think one of the consequences of being involved in a group buy is that you have to wait a little longer than if you buy individually.

Ok went down to BPP and had a chat, i rang Pioneer and spoke to a senior person who has informed me that delivery is a major headache and it would be much faster if people want to pick up from their local BPP store. Melb delay one -two weeks interstate longer 2- 4 weeks. If you want your MXE by this w/e nd (melb people) PM me and i will send you all the info re contact emails ect. Interstate email him also and he may be able to get it you faster.

As i said PM me and i will give you all the info...If you email this guy by 3pm melb will get it thurs or fri by pickup..otherewise 1-2 weeks...

He assured me that i was not stepping on any toes by doing this its a win,win faster plasma and less headache for pio...People in the country .....

Hey Chris

I guess you'll be taking that drive after all!!!!! :rolleyes:

Might have to be all the way to Melbourne :rolleyes:

I've just spoken to the person at Pioneer who is organizing delivery and he indicated that the units are being despatched from their warehouse today.

As Ern said, they are hoping that Victorian residents can collect theirs from a BPP store. There are nine Victorian customers.

Interstate deliverys are being handled by TNT and that seems to be more of a problem with organization to individual addresses rather than shops as is the norm. The fact that TNT like all couriers, transport from depot to depot will add to the delivery time. In my case it may be that the unit will be transported to their Brisbane depot and then back down south to me. Also the fact that someone may not be at home to help offload the unit from the truck is a concern. However that is up to TNT to arrange. I would have thought they would phone the customer to arrange a delivery time.

Having said that, they are optimistic that I should receive mine within a few days- possibly early next week.

So it seems that as Pioneer don't normally deliver the MXE, this whole business isn't quite as easy for them as first thought.

I've just had a call from Pioneer to say all interstate units have been despatched this afternoon. They now are in the hands of TNT. Those interstate customers closest to Pioneer's Victorian depot will possibly get theirs Thursday, those further out like myself will probably receive theirs on Monday.

Looks as if the end is in sight! :) Or the beginning of a new viewing experience.

I would have thought they would phone the customer to arrange a delivery time.

Does this mean TNT won't be calling us to arrange a delivery time?? Chance of me being at home without a pre-arranged time are very low!

I've just had a call from Pioneer to say all interstate units have been despatched this afternoon. They now are in the hands of TNT. Those interstate customers closest to Pioneer's Victorian depot will possibly get theirs Thursday, those further out like myself will probably receive theirs on Monday.

Looks as if the end is in sight! :) Or the beginning of a new viewing experience.

So us Sydney folk might be lucky and get them by the weekend - next week seems more likely.

Is there any way we can get a consigment note number - so we can speak to TNT about the delivery - I was expecting a call from pioneer about delivery and I would have then given them my office details so they could deliver easily without me needing to wait at home for them. But since I haven;t heard from anyone - I suspect that it is addressed to go to my house.

If I get the consigment # I could call TNT and arrange delivery to my office instead of home.

Can anyone help??

Does this mean TNT won't be calling us to arrange a delivery time?? Chance of me being at home without a pre-arranged time are very low!

As I said to Pioneer, it's unlikely that TNT are just going to deliver in the hope that someone may be at home. My experience with couriers is that they call to arrange delivery.

As I said to Pioneer, it's unlikely that TNT are just going to deliver in the hope that someone may be at home. My experience with couriers is that they call to arrange delivery.

My experience with couriers is the opposite -- they turn up when you least expect it, leave a card saying they missed you, and charge you to come back!

The TV is going to have to work extra hard to make up for the heavy weather Pioneer is making of this delivery process.

I've just had a call from Pioneer to say all interstate units have been despatched this afternoon.

Looks as if the end is in sight!

With all this negativity I forgot to say Woohoooo

The TV is going to have to work extra hard to make up for the heavy weather Pioneer is making of this delivery process.

I don't think the TV is going to have an issue succeeding there Matt!

I'm just appalled at how hard Pioneer have to make this!!

Having said that, I think we're all going to forget this once we have the panel up and running. Just get your cameras ready for pics once it's up!

hmm...I think I might take a "before" shot. Mine is arriving on Friday arvo.

well i ve managed to get on the mxe20 train

and i need to thank jason

thanks m8

but with a group buy and a great product at a good price

just remember the benefeits

yada yada

so chill people

you could always go to jb hifi and buy the 507 ;)

and did i say thanks to jason

a very happy camper indeed :P

with thanks mick

well i ve managed to get on the mxe20 train

and i need to thank jason

thanks m8

but with a group buy and a great product at a good price

just remember the benefeits

yada yada

so chill people

you could always go to jb hifi and buy the 507 ;)

and did i say thanks to jason

a very happy camper indeed :P

with thanks mick

Great! So that means the target of 20 orders has been reached?

With all this negativity I forgot to say Woohoooo

Hey guys

I wasnt at all trying to be negative,just hyped up for my first Plasma and heard nothing....and seeing i live within 3 km of Bundoora BPP i thought i would try to get answers and the ball moving.

Also i would add a big thank you to Jason at BPP for all his work ( and Grant today) and also Joe for starting this up....

Looking foward to attempting to set it up.

PS I was also sad that i had 20 mates coming arround last Sat for my BD and to see my new screen. Coped crap about how good my " new (absent) system was"

Hi There

Late into this thread unfortunately as I have only just discovered the 50MXE20 and am considering the possibility of commencing negotiations and would appreciate it if someone could PM me with the details of this obviously fantastic group buy you had (or have) going.

However, before someone advises that it is not too late to become involved (and maybe it is) please be aware that I currently have a Sony KDL52X2000 Bravia LCD TV that is getting changed out due to an intermittent fault on start up and until I take receipt of the replacement panel, I am still able to change panels if I so choose. I am also loathe to just cancel the LCD order as I have been very well looked after to date.

Also, the Sony LCD is a fantastic panel and one that I would be quite content to keep (also my wife and family absolutely love it) however, I also like to keep my options open as I have been advised that the 50MXE20 would be ideal for my needs which are generally:

Photographic presentations to client

Photographic and video editing (i.e. many still photos etc.)

Considerable Xbox 360 gaming

Computing work

TV Viewing

Finally, would anyone know of a thread where the two panels are compared or if not too far off topic, would someone be prepared to comment accordingly.

Your help and assitance would be most appreciated.

Regards & thanks

Steed

~

Photographic presentations to client

Photographic and video editing (i.e. many still photos etc.)

Considerable Xbox 360 gaming

Computing work

~

I'm surprised anyone advised a plasma (even the excellent Pioneer) over the Sony LCD given these needs. Been a while since I did any active comparisons myself mind you, mainly going on the nature of discussions going around.

Hey guys

I wasnt at all trying to be negative

Sorry ern...not pointed at you (or anyone else for that matter), I just forgot to be excited for a while!

Thanks for the updates, it's just what we all need!

I don't think the TV is going to have an issue succeeding there Matt!

I'm just appalled at how hard Pioneer have to make this!!

I don't even mind that much if it's late, I'm still waiting on furniture, speakers etc from various other clowns. I just reckon Pio could have been a bit more communicative given how much work you and Jason have done, and how much cash we've just thrown at them!

But like you say, I'm sure the panel will make amends for everything...

I'm surprised anyone advised a plasma (even the excellent Pioneer) over the Sony LCD given these needs. Been a while since I did any active comparisons myself mind you, mainly going on the nature of discussions going around.

I agree with you hence my first choice for the LCD however, as I said I like to keep my options open and have been advised that the 50MXE20 is the Plasma equivalent of a computer monitor and has been tested and used as such in commercial applications. However, all said and done, could anyone either confirm or dismiss this line of thinking.

I posted a request for pricing to be pm'ed to me a few pages back and heard nothing. If theres still breathing space to be involved, I'd like to get onboard. As with the poster above me, I'm waiting on a refund for the Sony 46X too and consider this a prime candidate to replace it.