Multiple 50mxe20 Purchase End Of Fy

Terms, schmerms. Tell us the price Son!!! :lol: Did you have to sign a Confidentiality agreement or give away your first born ? If it's such a hot deal, why wouldn't the AV store / Pio want more sales ? Cos if they make little money on each panel, why would they want people approaching them for the next 3 months asking the same price for one panel instead of 20????

I and many others have disclosed confidential information such as the real 'cost price' and retail margin etc in previous threads all in the name of the forum. Hmmm....and they wonder why the retailers these days are telling you who come with someone elses invoice in hand to bugger off!! It's called having principles mate

In any case, Pioneer are a lot smarter than Pana. The Pana best price thread has had nearly 500,000 views yet the Pio boys get away with a Confidentiality agreement !! Gee...and if they had any brains, maybe they would do a GB instead of buying individually!! THis has nothing to do with Pio. This has everything to do with protecting the retailer and their business, going forward, especially when Pio refused to give them pricing assistance. Enjoy your Pana!

My $0.02. And that's all your apparent principles are worth!!

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, picked up my HDMI to DVI cable from the courrier yesterday and headed home with high hopes.

What can I say...setting up HT equipment can be a real pain in the rear. I've already messed around for hours trying to get my DVD to play at high resolution via component without much success. The manuals never seem to be able to answer the questions I ask :angry:

Despite this I thought setting up the new cable would be a piece of cake...WRONG :excl:

First off, the DVD player wouldn't recognise the HDMI cable so I couldn't see anything on the screen...had to re-connect the component leads (silly me took them out first). Eventually the HDMI light on the DVD stopped flashing...yipeee, plain sailing from here...WRONG

The DVD's manual says that there may be incompatibility problems with HDMI - DVI and that some signals may not produce a picture...The only settings that would produce anything were 1080P YPbR & RGB. Whatever, I hear you say. Great picture?....WRONG

Sure, it was higher definition but the blacks were grey and the sharpness had disappeared. I remembered seeing a softness setting in the menu, time to make sure that's off! All sorted? WRONG

Set the HDMI to Enhanced and voilla, blacks instead of greys. Happy with the picture? WRONG :blink:

Picture looked good but not great. Next problem was that there was a white 'noise' line at the bottom of the screen and one up the right hand side. Tried to remove it by adjusting the screen position but one click down and the line appeared at the top, one click to the right and the line popped over to the other side. To make things more annoying, when I flicked between YPbR and RGB the lines would disappear and then re-appear after a few seconds...Even went as far as setting up a tripod and taking some pictures.

Suddenly stumbled across the DVI settings section on the menu (How on earth did I miss that...did it suddenly appear on the menu? surely it wasnt there before...sound familliar????). Well, set it to Video instead of pc.

Suddenly the whole world changes...pictures appear at every setting on the DVD...Problem sorted?.....WRONG!!!

The world has turned green (was watching The Matrix Reloaded so I hardly noticed ;) ). I knew there was an answer to this one though, I remember Lyle (I think) mentioning it. Changed the colour decoding to RGB and hey presto (checked the STB picture because I thought that might play up but all seemed ok)

So, awesome picture at last...haven't checked to see whether the pic is better at 720P or 1080P yet...Any thoughts????

Happy chappy at last...superb HD picture! :D:D:D:D:D (apart from the fact that it was so late I had to go to bed :( )

Just shows what a difference the settings can make!

Joecool, I applaud you in what you have done to get 20 fantastic plasmas to fellow forum members. Its a great to know that you would do so without any reward for your effort. :D

You will have to forgive us members who did miss out, for trying to get the best possible deal for ourselves, which you yourself have received.

I'm in no way sorry for retailers, as I have been misinformed and screwed over in price so many times in the past, that I don't care if i screw them over for once. Retailers are quiet happy to take every little cent we have to get a profit, so don't expect me to protect them. :angry2:

You have quiet clearly indicated that no more GB will be possible. So we have to negotiate on our own, with the knowledge we pickup from these forums.

These forums are here to help consumers make an informed decision on specs and pricing. You and many others in this thread have done a great job helping on specs, but price.....No

You were quiet freely giving out the price so it would help you get a deal, but once you got your deal its shut up shop and pat yourself on the back for a job well done.

We all work hard for our money and we don't like to throw it away. So forgive us for trying to get the best possible deal.

Joecool, I applaud you in what you have done to get 20 fantastic plasmas to fellow forum members. Its a great to know that you would do so without any reward for your effort. :DI appreciate that. Thank you

You will have to forgive us members who did miss out, for trying to get the best possible deal for ourselves, which you yourself have received. Actually, you forget about the other 19 or so that received this too, and moreso those interstate that could not get close to the final price achieved.

I'm in no way sorry for retailers, as I have been misinformed and screwed over in price so many times in the past, that I don't care if i screw them over for once. Retailers are quiet happy to take every little cent we have to get a profit, so don't expect me to protect them. :angry2:That's OK if you want to screw them over, but I for one would like to maintain the relationship, as Im sure others from the GB would too, with the retailer, should they require the retailers services again one day. It's also to publicly protect Pioneer so if someone else wants to do a GB, they don't get completely ignored by Pioneer.

You have quiet clearly indicated that no more GB will be possible. So we have to negotiate on our own, with the knowledge we pickup from these forums. No, you didn't read what I said correctly. I said THIS GB is done. If someone wants to start another GB, go ahead. But no one has privately approached me to get an idea of price. I am not going to give every PM the price we paid, as they can easily start shouting it out on these forums!!!! They have no vested interest in keeping it quiet if they have not committed to purchasing.

These forums are here to help consumers make an informed decision on specs and pricing. You and many others in this thread have done a great job helping on specs, but price.....No. Let's just say you're lucky that the price hasn't got out. Otherwise, GB's will be never touched again by Pio for these forums.

You were quiet freely giving out the price so it would help you get a deal, but once you got your deal its shut up shop and pat yourself on the back for a job well done.

There has been no back patting from me, I can assure you, my friend. Once you get yourself a few people committed and get a GB on it's way, I'll let you in on what sorta price you'll be looking at!! Until then, don't expect all the hard work from someone else to just fall in your lap.

We all work hard for our money and we don't like to throw it away. So forgive us for trying to get the best possible deal. Then get up off your ass and see what price you can get!!!!! I did! THere has been so much talk of 507/MXE pricing on these forums. You act like once you know our pricing, you'll be able to get it too. You won't, so get over it!! Remember this: prices for one or two panels made public is fine. Start publishing GB pricing, and the place will turn into a feeding frenzy. There's always consequences.

Completely agree with Joecool (who did a great job...have I said that before???).

There are plenty of retailers out there who will screw you at every opportunity so when you find one that's willing to play a fairer game then I think it's in our best interest to do the right thing by them. In the case of the group buy, we all got the same price...it would have been all to easy for the retailer or Joe to have arranged different prices for regional deliveries. It's not always about screwing everyone else!

Hey MR08, there is lots in these forums about pricing so use that to try to get the best price for yourself. If the circumstances are right, you could do better...maybe even better than the group buy price but more than likely you will have to suffer something slightly worse.

Alternatively wait a few months and you might beat our price by $500???

Ditto from me on the comments from Joecool re. GB.

Kudos to Nick for organising ours. Shows it can be done with a minimum of fuss (i think?), so as Joecool says, go ahead and start another if you want a good price through numbers.

BTW, small update to the pics of my 50mxe20

link to updated pic

I must say, after seeing the plasmas which have been mounted on the stand, they look really nice! I think the stand really suits - wide and low profile. Nice!

I cant wait to see what mine looks like on it's stand when I move into the new house in 6 weeks - Im thinkning I may sit it on top of my Epicentrix (which is 225mm high x 900mm wide x 360mm deep and rated for <200Kgs apparently). B)

QUOTE(optusman @ Jul 12 2007, 09:31 PM)

Terms, schmerms. Tell us the price Son!!! Did you have to sign a Confidentiality agreement or give away your first born ? If it's such a hot deal, why wouldn't the AV store / Pio want more sales ? Cos if they make little money on each panel, why would they want people approaching them for the next 3 months asking the same price for one panel instead of 20????

I and many others have disclosed confidential information such as the real 'cost price' and retail margin etc in previous threads all in the name of the forum. Hmmm....and they wonder why the retailers these days are telling you who come with someone elses invoice in hand to bugger off!! It's called having principles mate

In any case, Pioneer are a lot smarter than Pana. The Pana best price thread has had nearly 500,000 views yet the Pio boys get away with a Confidentiality agreement !! Gee...and if they had any brains, maybe they would do a GB instead of buying individually!! THis has nothing to do with Pio. This has everything to do with protecting the retailer and their business, going forward, especially when Pio refused to give them pricing assistance. Enjoy your Pana!

My $0.02. And that's all your apparent principles are worth!!

Well that put 'em in their place right ?

I have resisted (and am not trolling) but I must reply to each of your bullet points and have taken the bait:

1. price x quantity = revenue. revenue minus cost = profit. you work it out. Pana profit vs Pio profit, know which one I'd rather have

2. Hmmm...so you have NEVER EVER asked for a price match on any purchase. You are either a man of utmost principles to which I applaud you, a self-deluded fibber or more likely the case a recidivist of the extreme kind who others play off the break and 'see coming' every time

3. So all Pana buyers are lacking brains.....that will make you popular. No pricing assistance from Pio, yeah, that works in retail roflmao!!

4. On principles, see below

You gave one store near $100,000 worth of business........but you are a man of principles right ? Clearly I am not <_<

Optusman

Let's just leave it to rest.

You have clearly no knowledge of how the GB was conducted, so stop beating your chest and trying to impress us all with your completely baseless accusations and unimpressive word usage. Gee....recidivist....how long have you waited to use that word in a sentence. :wacko:

As Ian said, get over it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Everyone involved in the powerbuy should have their invoice by the end of the week. Arron from Avical should also be calling everybody regarding the calibration of their 50MXE20 by the end of the week also.

Cheers

Jason

P.S i hope all are enjoying their new panels !

• 1 month later...
Optusman

Let's just leave it to rest.

You have clearly no knowledge of how the GB was conducted, so stop beating your chest and trying to impress us all with your completely baseless accusations and unimpressive word usage. Gee....recidivist....how long have you waited to use that word in a sentence. :wacko:

As Ian said, get over it.

I'm proud of you guys you know.

Honest, not taking the piss.

I really think it's great that everyone honoured the agreements. You should be proud.

I'm proud of you guys you know.

Honest, not taking the piss.

I really think it's great that everyone honoured the agreements. You should be proud.

Thanks Lyle!

I'm proud of everyone's resolve and principles. It certainly was important for the GB to go through. And I think this GB has been the one that's been used as a comparison for others, in terms of conduct.

After hearing how good the calibration is, I can't wait for Wednesday evening for mine to be done!!

And thanks again to you Lyle, for initiating interest in the 50MXE20 right from the start. Otherwise, I would never have known that it existed!!

Nick

After hearing how good the calibration is, I can't wait for Wednesday evening for mine to be done!!
One thing that is really important for anyone getting a calibration done.

Make sure you have stabilised your equipment purchases and make sure which resolutions you want to use on source devices so that the calibrators calibrates what you want. If you don't they have to come back and that will cost you money next time.

eg, The upscaling on the 50MEX20 is superb so you don't really need to say set your DVD player to 1080. The calibrator will assume you want it set to 576. If you want to have it different you need to communicate this to the calibrator.

That is one example, there are lots of others.

A 2nd would be planned purchase of new equipment. Best to get this before the calibration.