Multiple 50mxe20 Purchase End Of Fy

Make sure it's not on dynamic.

Thanks Lyle

Yes I think I found Med-low or even Low setting looked pretty good and I recall having read Dynamic was to be avoided

Few tense moments when first hooked-up with terrible green picture - until I found the DVI setting in menu and changed from default PC to correct Video, then all sweet

Have you turned up or down sharpness/contrast/brightness settings from default zero?

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe a call to Aaron at Avical might be a good idea. He has one, so he'll know the best way to look after it!!

Good to hear he who calibrates them uses them too

I'm just fiddling for now Nick and happy to await formal calibration at the 100hr mark -- should we expect contact from Avical or state- specific calibrator at some stage?

It works for me! What panel do you have at the moment?

It's a Hitachi PD42A3000...a 42" 1024 x 1024 screen.

It was awesome (and huge) when I got it four years ago...still pretty good now. Nearly got as much discount as the 50MXE20 costs! It's amazing how things have moved on in such a short time.

It's being relegated upstairs (Very soon I hope :rolleyes: )

Mine arrived yesterday while I was in melbourne - I got it delivered to my office.

The box is MASSIVE - not sure how I will get it home.

Is it ok to lay it down to transport?

Wont be able to set it up for about a week as am getting an installer to do it and chase cables through my brick wall etc.

Also wondering about Avical and how that process works?

Is it ok to lay it down to transport?

NO

Also wondering about Avical and how that process works?

It needs to be run-in before calibration. 100+ hours.

Email Avical direct to find out details.

His details are on the forum if you do a search

Good to hear he who calibrates them uses them too

I'm just fiddling for now Nick and happy to await formal calibration at the 100hr mark -- should we expect contact from Avical or state- specific calibrator at some stage?

No, what I meant was give Aaron a call for what settings are best for the run-in period.

Sad,sad,sad. Promised the world talked to head office still no call and .......not even for a pick up from Bundoora where Nick bought the things.......good to read about everybody elses even interstate .......cant even get it to the place it was bought from.......looks like my advice sucks......

O well really looking foward to seeing it.....keep up the advice on set ups and the pics...

Sad,sad,sad. Promised the world talked to head office still no call and .......not even for a pick up from Bundoora where Nick bought the things.......good to read about everybody elses even interstate .......cant even get it to the place it was bought from.......looks like my advice sucks......

O well really looking foward to seeing it.....keep up the advice on set ups and the pics...

I thought you guys in Melbourne would have got yours yesterday, the same day as those in Adelaide got theirs. Strange!

Wasn't your advice Ern, it was the advice given to you from Pioneer.

I thought you guys in Melbourne would have got yours yesterday, the same day as those in Adelaide got theirs. Strange!

I'm here in Sydney, and I could've got mine yesterday, as well - just wasn't able to get home for the delivery.

Strange indeed!

No, what I meant was give Aaron a call for what settings are best for the run-in period.
He told me not to change anything.
Is it ok to lie it down just to make it easier to get out of the box?

I wouldn't.

Two people can deal with lifting the plasma out of the box easily.

Thanks Lyle ... I'll stop fiddling
Except in my case the local shop installed it for me and, from memory, they made sure it was not on dynamic.

By the way guys, calibrated it is a stunning display.

I'm still gobsmacked, almost two months later, that a display can be this good.

Hey ern

So any of you other blokes in Melb get a call from Pio?

I got the call yesterday from Pio who said it might be tomorrow (today) for delivery but wasn't 100%, if not it would be maybe another week or so.

But today got a call in the morning from the courier and said they could drop it off around 2:30.

And the bloke just dropped it off then.

Too bad still waiting for our tv unit to arrive :angry:

No call, I rang Jason at Bundoora and he said Pio said that they will be delivered to his store today for sure..No call from PIo to me. Jason said he would ring me as soon as they were in the shop so i can then get my mates van and go pick it up...Delivery 3 km from the shop is harder than out from Perth...Waiting for the call so i can go fetch....

Its in....got the call about to go fetch........still find it amazing that its quicker to out from Perth than 3km from the point of purchase via pick up....

O well i will hopefully enjoy some fine viewing tonight...

Melb people check your store...