Multiple 50mxe20 Purchase End Of Fy

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just another "heads up" y'all!

I am assuming we are all buying our panels with the 5004 card (the one with rca connectors)?

This is how I am ordering these. So no need to confirm this with me if that's what you want.. Only if you want the 5003 card with the BNC connectors should you speak up and PM me.

Just another "heads up" y'all!

I am assuming we are all buying our panels with the 5004 card (the one with rca connectors)?

This is how I am ordering these. So no need to confirm this with me if that's what you want.. Only if you want the 5003 card with the BNC connectors should you speak up and PM me.

Yep, cant be stuffed mucking about with BNC and will only be using the DVI-D Anyhoo. B)

Gee these group buys are a headache!!! :wacko:

Anyone else feel like Joecool deserves a little bit out of this???

I'm happy to bump my invoice by by a few bucks and knock the same off his...much better discount than I could have managed and it must have been a real pain to organise.

Jc...please adjust mine as per my PM.

Cheers

Ian

Hi Joecool

Lyle told me that you have some great prices for the MXE. Just wondering if your supplier can give a good price on a 427XDA - sorry going a bit off-topic.

Before everyone jumps at me for getting the 427, I should explain that I already run an MXE (as well as a slightly older Fujitsu) in my parents' place. While I am very happy with the quality, it's a bit of a struggle for the "less technically minded" to use the integrated system with the separate coxes, components, etc. We integrated all our systems and use a Marantz remote. Considering this, I should probably commit to a compromise and go with the convenience so that everyone else is happy.

I'm not sure on where you are, but I am in Melbourne Inner East. I got $3100 from Trevor Lees, but seeing that people can get the 507 for $3800, I am hoping for less. In desperate need of the screen, must be there by today or Monday at latest.

Thx

Hi Joecool

Lyle told me that you have some great prices for the MXE. Just wondering if your supplier can give a good price on a 427XDA - sorry going a bit off-topic.

Before everyone jumps at me for getting the 427, I should explain that I already run an MXE (as well as a slightly older Fujitsu) in my parents' place. While I am very happy with the quality, it's a bit of a struggle for the "less technically minded" to use the integrated system with the separate coxes, components, etc. We integrated all our systems and use a Marantz remote. Considering this, I should probably commit to a compromise and go with the convenience so that everyone else is happy.

I'm not sure on where you are, but I am in Melbourne Inner East. I got $3100 from Trevor Lees, but seeing that people can get the 507 for $3800, I am hoping for less. In desperate need of the screen, must be there by today or Monday at latest.

Thx

Sorry mate, but I can't help you on this one. The pricing I have is only for MXEs. I suggest you chat to Trevor!

Hope you don't mind some very basic questions from someone who is technically challenged, despite how many times they may have read up on the subject. I must say that I am very interested in this group buy but just want to clarify things first.

I watch very little FTV, some but not much. Most of my viewing is mostly Foxtel or downloaded movies off the internet. Would it be fair in thinking that for most of my current viewing at the moment, that I will be dissappointed with how it displays considering the Foxtel quality and without doubt the quality of my downloaded movies? Not of course should this influence my decision as my viewing habits could change in the future.

Given that I don't want to run this through my AVR permanently, I also have to buy a set of speakers. PDP-S53-LR speakers were mentioned earlier in this post, but going to the Pioneer site I cannot find them, and I seem not to be able to find which speakers are actually suited to this model or cost. I have googled PDP-S53-LR, and while a search does come up for them, none are from a Pioneer site.

PDA-5004 card with RCA connectors I assume is what I will need to be able to plug in my Foxtel IQ, DVD player, an AVR amp for when I do want to run it through my big speakers, and a STB. I also have a Panasonic DVD recorder (DMR-HS2) with HDD, but it's such a pig of machine I don't know whether it's worth connecting. Given the state of play with the TopfieldTF7000HDpvr which is what I would really prefer, I probably am just better off buying the Digitalview HD STB, although I'm sure the Toppy will improve with updates. Not sure of how much difference in price between the two boxes. The other thing which I'm also investing in is either the X360 or PS3, so I will have to be able to plug that in also.

Any ideas of where I can see one in Adelaide? I phoned the so called agents who are listed on Pioneers web site, but they were very half hearted and couldn't really tell me if they had any or where else I could see one.

Well that's enough silly questions for one night, I look forward to any thoughts or problems I may not have come up with yet. My viewing distance is between 2.8m to 3.5m.

Thanks

John

well, tomorrow (friday) is the day the order gets put in!

I take it from the silence over the last coupla days that everyone is eagerly awaiting to put their cash down.

I know I am!! :D

I've already sent mine. They'll have it first thing tomorrow then I'm up up and away!!!

well, tomorrow (friday) is the day the order gets put in!

I take it from the silence over the last coupla days that everyone is eagerly awaiting to put their cash down.

I know I am!! :D

I paid my deposit via nightbreed today. :)

Hope you don't mind some very basic questions from someone who is technically challenged, despite how many times they may have read up on the subject. I must say that I am very interested in this group buy but just want to clarify things first.

I watch very little FTV, some but not much. Most of my viewing is mostly Foxtel or downloaded movies off the internet. Would it be fair in thinking that for most of my current viewing at the moment, that I will be dissappointed with how it displays considering the Foxtel quality and without doubt the quality of my downloaded movies? Not of course should this influence my decision as my viewing habits could change in the future.

Given that I don't want to run this through my AVR permanently, I also have to buy a set of speakers. PDP-S53-LR speakers were mentioned earlier in this post, but going to the Pioneer site I cannot find them, and I seem not to be able to find which speakers are actually suited to this model or cost. I have googled PDP-S53-LR, and while a search does come up for them, none are from a Pioneer site.

PDA-5004 card with RCA connectors I assume is what I will need to be able to plug in my Foxtel IQ, DVD player, an AVR amp for when I do want to run it through my big speakers, and a STB. I also have a Panasonic DVD recorder (DMR-HS2) with HDD, but it's such a pig of machine I don't know whether it's worth connecting. Given the state of play with the TopfieldTF7000HDpvr which is what I would really prefer, I probably am just better off buying the Digitalview HD STB, although I'm sure the Toppy will improve with updates. Not sure of how much difference in price between the two boxes. The other thing which I'm also investing in is either the X360 or PS3, so I will have to be able to plug that in also.

Any ideas of where I can see one in Adelaide? I phoned the so called agents who are listed on Pioneers web site, but they were very half hearted and couldn't really tell me if they had any or where else I could see one.

Well that's enough silly questions for one night, I look forward to any thoughts or problems I may not have come up with yet. My viewing distance is between 2.8m to 3.5m.

Thanks

John

Ok. Let's see if I can answer this for you:

Always remember this, for any panel: **** in, **** out. ie put a crappy signal through the TV, don't expect miracles!!! The processor in the TV is very good, but don't expect it will look like HD.

I will PM you price on the speakers.

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/eur/products/62/4...4/overview.html

As far as the STB, it will give you a stunning picture, plus Digitalview are talking about a twin tuner PVR late this year, with a rebate on current DVH-505 owners.

The 5004 card is what you need and as Nightbreed said, it's the default card that comes with the panel. you're safe!!

Ideally, with so many source to plug into the panel, an AVR is best to connect all sources to, and then a HDMI -> DVI cable to the panel.

PS3 is what I am investing in too for CD/DVD/BD/gaming. Either console is fine. Once you get that, you can chuck your DVD recorder and DVD player, and like me just have your PS3 and STB connect to the panel!! PS3 via HDMI ->DVI and DVH-505 via component!!! And far less clutter.

Don't know where you will find one, other than your living room after you have bought it!! Honestly, I don't think you will be disappointed with the panel. Oh and your viewing distance is fine!!!

Nick

I think it should be posted publicly that Nightbreed has done the impossible, and in a true stroke of brilliance, has secured free delivery to those few non-metro clients!!!

You are the man!

Now all of you know why I went with this guy!!!

Trust me....I know what I'm doing!!!!! :blush: :blush: :blush:

Couldn't have done it without your help. Plus you really came through with the freight for the non metro guys!

Anyways, just don't tell anyone about how I'm getting my panel for half pr.........errr......ummm....hmmm.....MOVE ALONG PEOPLE, NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!! ;)

Couldn't have done it without your help. Plus you really came through with the freight for the non metro guys!

Anyways, just don't tell anyone about how I'm getting my panel for half pr.........errr......ummm....hmmm.....MOVE ALONG PEOPLE, NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!! ;)

LOL even if this was the case, I'm sure that none of us would be complaining considering the savings you have gained for us! B)