Multiple 50mxe20 Purchase End Of Fy

the shiny frame also distracts you while you're watching the panel. Moreso if you have a light/lamp somewhere in front of the panel. You can also see all the bumps and imperfections in the plastic. Bit cheap looking, but my opinion only!

The matte frame just blends into the background as you are fixed on the stunning picture!!!

Just love it!

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still trying to convince the better half that the matt black may look better than the gloss black of the 507 - its all about the looks when the screen is off to her!

Cheers

Points that might help swing things...

The matt border is quite narrow and looks more like a picture frame. It also means that the whole thing is just that bit smaller than the glossy version and not quite so much in your face (if you can say that about a 50" screen :rolleyes: )

Off...I didn't realise they went off! :lol:

I am still trying to convince the better half that the matt black may look better than the gloss black of the 507 - its all about the looks when the screen is off to her!

Cheers

I asked the guys to turn it off too, when I went to look at it!! Let's just say, it a very sophisticated looking unit. I agree with your better half, it's gotta look good turned off as well as on! Absolutely no complaints here!

The only glossy screen that looks good is the 5000EX, as it's a straight, flat piece of perspex stuck to the front. Not moulded like all the others where you see all the warps, dips and hills in the reflection of the frame!

No. But like everything in technology, it will eventually.

It'll be replaced sometime very late 07, or early 08. And it'll be a couple-a-grand more I would think!

Joe have you decided on the retailer yet and if so do they also sell computers as well, i am looking at the possibility of buying a computer through salary sacrificing but before recieving it exchanging it for store credit to buy a plasma .. i have heard of this being done .. with the possibility of saving 30-40% it would be silly not to look at it.

and got send me PM on the cost

No. But like everything in technology, it will eventually.

It'll be replaced sometime very late 07, or early 08. And it'll be a couple-a-grand more I would think!

Considering this units rrp is $5,995 we are getting a killer deal in this GB - Thanks again for your efforts JC (how appropriate! :P).