Multiple 50mxe20 Purchase End Of Fy

yeah, Chris is right.

Free delivery to metro areas, ISF calibration by Avical (will blow your socks off after you see this), choice of table top stand or wall mounting bracket, but alas, no installation, as it's a commercial panel.

Of course 5yr warranty applies! :blink:

I thought all Pio panels came with free installation. Mine did and I know others who bought did. Were we just lucky?!

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EZYHD
I thought all Pio panels came with free installation. Mine did and I know others who bought did. Were we just lucky?!

This is the reply I received...

The Complete Plasma Experience offer is only available for Plasma displays purchased through authorised Pioneer dealers (Harvey Norman, JB HiFi, David Jones, MYER, and a number of independent stores.)

Due to your remote location, the install is provided by the dealer who then claims a rebate from pioneer so it remains free of charge to yourself. The 5 year warranty applies regardless of location within Australia.

regards

Trish

Patricia Dean| Field Service Co-ordinator | Pioneer Electronics Australia Pty Ltd

178-184 Boundary Road, Braeside, VIC 3195, Australia

T: 03 9586 6332 F: 1800 781 114

Trish.Dean@pioneer.com.au

www.pioneer.com.au

The Complete Plasma Experience offer is only available for Plasma displays purchased through authorised Pioneer dealers (Harvey Norman, JB HiFi, David Jones, MYER, and a number of independent stores.)

Due to your remote location, the install is provided by the dealer who then claims a rebate from pioneer so it remains free of charge to yourself. The 5 year warranty applies regardless of location within Australia.

So the implication is that the install IS included whether commercial or not??

I doubt whether I would get the free installation though as the dealer isn't local to my area.

However, I don't think it's that big a deal. What does it involve? Setting it up on the stand and adjusting the picture. I'm sure some of the other purchasers in the group would provide the settings.

I doubt whether I would get the free installation though as the dealer isn't local to my area.

However, I don't think it's that big a deal. What does it involve? Setting it up on the stand and adjusting the picture. I'm sure some of the other purchasers in the group would provide the settings.

Yes you are right.

- As long as the plasma is delivered standing up (and is never laid on its side);

- There are two pople to lift it out of the box and put it on the stand

- cabling is pretty straight forward, just plug it in; making sure you have the right cables beforehand

- setting source on the plasma to component or whatever

- setting each source to outoput 720 or 1080 etc

- going into each settings on the plasma and doing the same

- running through the colour settings RGB etc

Can't think of anything else.

Just that an expert will do it in a few minutes where it would take me an hour or two; and that's with hindsight.

Lyle

Yes you are right.

- setting source on the plasma to component or whatever

- setting each source to outoput 720 or 1080 etc

- going into each settings on the plasma and doing the same

- running through the colour settings RGB etc

Lyle

These might be a little tricky for the inexperienced. I guess one could always call Pioneer's technical service for help.

One of the things (among others of course) that attracted us to the Pioneer was the installation provided by Pioneer. If it doesn't come with these models, then I'm thinking hubby might spring for it if they charge. He hates cabling this stuff up and I have no interest (or knowledge more like it!).

These might be a little tricky for the inexperienced. I guess one could always call Pioneer's technical service for help.

Yes Im a little concered as i feel that I dont have the knowledge to get it right....Hoping for an install also...

selection of correct settings will be a problem..Went and bought the wall stand at BPP yesterday as an install on a brick wall seemed difficult...

Well it was always my understanding that it was included. Commercial didn't matter.

I just assumed with the GB being so widesread across Australia that it was difficult to organise.

But I don't see why Pioneer would not come to the party with a sale of this size.

Well it was always my understanding that it was included. Commercial didn't matter.

Hi Lyle,

I went to your supplier (I think) recently and they quoted me an extra $100 for delivery and installation of the 50MXE20 because it was a commercial pannel (as did most if not all of the other retailers I visited in the Perth metro)...maybe you were lucky...or maybe they just like you!

Ian

Boy did you hit the nail on the head Lyle!!!

Actually, good point...

When you said Pioneer were a bit peeved I was surprised.

I'm guessing there are a fair few of the interested parties who weren't looking at pioneer as their obvious choice...you'd think they'd be happy to convert those to actual sales!

Hi All

OK, here's the deal at the moment....

I have on my list 13 people saying they are in on the group buy (1 cancelled since last count). Of these I have 11 people's details.

Funnily enough, Pioneer have stated that delivery is typically not included to residential addresses, but in the goodness of their hearts have agreed to include it if they get 15 orders.

So I need 5 more confirmations and we are done with this!

Once the order goes through, Pioneer will contact you to arrange a delivery time.

Have a good day everyone!

Looks like my brother may be in the market for one of these 50mxe20's. He was initially planning to hold off until the new panasonic 50" comes out in September - but watching footy on 51cm Sony is killing him.

Can someone PM me pricing for TV only - no STB (and delivery to Brisbane).

cheers

Matt.

I have been watching this thread with interest over the past couple of weeks and I am v close to sitting on the fence at the very least. I am still trying to convince the better half that the matt black may look better than the gloss black of the 507 - its all about the looks when the screen is off to her!

Could someone please PM me the price of the monitor (no STB or brackets etc) with delivery to Brisbane

Cheers

Hi All

OK, here's the deal at the moment....

I have on my list 13 people saying they are in on the group buy (1 cancelled since last count). Of these I have 11 people's details.

Funnily enough, Pioneer have stated that delivery is typically not included to residential addresses, but in the goodness of their hearts have agreed to include it if they get 15 orders.

So I need 5 more confirmations and we are done with this!

Once the order goes through, Pioneer will contact you to arrange a delivery time.

Have a good day everyone!

Hi Joe, will these panels be coming straight form Pioneer or will you be going throu a retailer?

I have been watching this thread with interest over the past couple of weeks and I am v close to sitting on the fence at the very least. I am still trying to convince the better half that the matt black may look better than the gloss black of the 507 - its all about the looks when the screen is off to her!

Try telling her that with the gloss black, the screen will require a lot more cleaning, because the dust will show up a lot more. Where as with the matt, it doesn't stand out as much. Also, with the glossy, it can be annoying when you're watching because you can see reflections in it.

Worked for me anyway :-)