Samsung La32r81bd

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be an instore special only.

Hi Guys,

I just bought my first LCD TV today at Myer Pitt Street Mall sydney.

I got the 32inch for $1550.00

I hope that will give you guys some ideas of what price to expect.

Bing Lee and Good Guys was not willing to do anything below $1650.00

Cheers

Hi Guys,

I just bought my first LCD TV today at Myer Pitt Street Mall sydney.

I got the 32inch for $1550.00

I hope that will give you guys some ideas of what price to expect.

Bing Lee and Good Guys was not willing to do anything below $1650.00

Cheers

I picked one up on the weekend from Harvey Norman (Melbourne) for $1600.

Been very happy with it so far.

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting the LA32R81BD but reading the specs it seems to not have NTSC as a colour system. Does that mean all my Region 1 DVDs that can play on my DVD player will not be usable as the display cannot do NTSC?

Thanks in advance

Neil

bloody hell I hope not. The R81 might well be the tv i'll be getting and I do have a few R1 dvds, but it surely must have NTSC playback. Can anyone verify this?

Hi guys,

I’ve bought this unit a few weeks ago and everything is fine, however I do have one problem.

When I have the timer set to turn the TV on like 8am every morning the TV turn it self on randomly before the timer goes off. It does not happen if I set the timer for once off but happen for everyday and Monday-Friday setup.

Could some of the owners of the unit try this for me? I have this in my bedroom and I want to use it as an alarm clock.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

They had a review of this set in the Herald Sun today, did anyone else see it?

They really picked on the inbuilt hd tuner and said that the quality of picture was different from channel to channel, one channel really good, flick it over and the other channel was pixelated etc. They stated that they didnt have problems with testing other tv's with inbuilt hd tuners. Has anyone had problems with the quality of the inbuilt tuner in the R81??

They didnt talk about anything else in the article about the tv which was a bit disapointing

Hello there,

Looking at buying the Samsung LA32R81BD. Hopefully for a price around $1500, to use as a TV (for foxtel) and for PC input from my Laptop.

I have seen these alongside the old version (R71) and the R81 looks a lot better, and it seems to have gotten rid of the jittery or lad with fast moving TV or DVD scenes.

Any pro's of this particular model? I hope to get it for around $1500.

Also, I have been reading about AUO and CMO panels.

-What do they mean?

-Can I check which panel it has before I buy one?

-Which one should I be after

Also if I do buy one today, is there anything I should do to check it is all OK, and is there any tweaking guides etc around?

Thanks for the feedback! Your opinion is greatly appreciated.

Hi, im new to this site and LCD tv's, just need some advice before i make my final decision on what TV to buy, any help would be greatly appreciated..

im deciding between three tv's

(a) Acer 26' with integrated HD tuner.. went to JB today and they had it marked at 898!

(B) Soniq 32' ..about $1100..integrated HD tuner too

© Samsung 26'..think its the R71 model for $1250

Just wanted some opinions on what tv would suit me best, i was ready to but the acer today but once i saw the blacks on the model it did turn me off a little.. The tv would be mainly for X360 playing and just normal TV viewing..

does anyone know the diff between the r71 and r81 samsung models?

Need Help!

They had a review of this set in the Herald Sun today, did anyone else see it?

They really picked on the inbuilt hd tuner and said that the quality of picture was different from channel to channel, one channel really good, flick it over and the other channel was pixelated etc. They stated that they didnt have problems with testing other tv's with inbuilt hd tuners. Has anyone had problems with the quality of the inbuilt tuner in the R81??

They didnt talk about anything else in the article about the tv which was a bit disapointing

Every HD channel on mine looks fantastic.

I wonder how they come up with this crap?

Hi Guys,

setuo my samsung, all the anologue channels works great, but none of the HD channels is working.

The tv display " NO Signal"

What do i do? have i dont something wrong?

PLease help :(

Thank you

Have you tried to do another digital tune(auto scan)?

If you have and still nothing then call Samsung to get it repaired or if you have only had it for less than a week then get the shop to replace it for you.

hey just got myself this tele today, and i'm not really that impressed honestly.. the picture is nowhere near as good as the 10 year old tele it's replacing... it just seems so pixelated and blury.

are there some settings i can alter to try and make the picture better.... i've changed a couple things butt it hasn't made a huge difference

edit: ok i got it hooked upto the htpc now with the vga... and the picture does look better, i paid the extra for a tv with inbuilt hd tuner and it looks rubish compared to my dvico digital tuner card

I picked one up on the weekend from Harvey Norman (Melbourne) for $1600.

Been very happy with it so far.

Went to Harvey Norman (Enfield) today, and we told the guys there that we could get one for $1600 at retravision (had to be ordered in, but would've only taken a couple of days), and the guy refused to go lower than $1700. Not only that but he was really rude and obnoxious.... worst service ever.

OK i just bought a Samsung La32R81bd 32' LCD

I think penguin was talking about the picture being a little fuzzy.

When i first turned it on i thought : 1. TV quality is worse than my 10 year old crt sony. (same as penguin)

2. My DVD's have a ghosty, blurry effect when there i fast movement on the screen.

3. My PS2 looks crap !!!!

WHAT HAVE I DONE, except maybe waste $1520 (friend of mine at Harvey Norman).

I then discovered u had to select channel search for Digital TV. WOW, my picture cleared up and i am very, very happy.

I ordered a component cable for the PS2 (still waiting, dont have much hope.I know the PS2 is old technology)

BUT I cannot get my DVD's to play clear no matter how many adjustments i make.

LG DVD player, around 2 years old. Connected through Component cable.

Is this blurring impossible to avoid OR do i need to get a New DVD player with HDMI Connections and Upscaling.

OR is HD DVD and BLU RAY my only hope. OR maybe NOt.........SO CONFUSED RIGHT NOW.

OK i just bought a Samsung La32R81bd 32' LCD

2. My DVD's have a ghosty, blurry effect when there i fast movement on the screen.

3. My PS2 looks crap !!!!

Fast moving images always look crap on an LCD. 8ms response time is not fast enough for you not to see. This will not clear up if you get an up converting dvd or anything like that its the nature of the technology

Fast moving images always look crap on an LCD. 8ms response time is not fast enough for you not to see. This will not clear up if you get an up converting dvd or anything like that its the nature of the technology

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ooooooooooooooo!

Hi, im new to this site and LCD tv's, just need some advice before i make my final decision on what TV to buy, any help would be greatly appreciated..

im deciding between three tv's

(a) Acer 26' with integrated HD tuner.. went to JB today and they had it marked at 898!

(B) Soniq 32' ..about $1100..integrated HD tuner too

© Samsung 26'..think its the R71 model for $1250

Just wanted some opinions on what tv would suit me best, i was ready to but the acer today but once i saw the blacks on the model it did turn me off a little.. The tv would be mainly for X360 playing and just normal TV viewing..

does anyone know the diff between the r71 and r81 samsung models?

Need Help!

Just picked up an 37" Acer 3730B for $1291 which I think is fair value and am very happy, so far, with PQ. Only trouble is have not been able to pick up any HD channels with the inbuilt HD tuner - analogue is fine tho

No fast images do NOT always look crap on an LCD, I do a whole lot of FPS gaming, with very fast motion and it doesn't blur at all, and I am very picky about this. What I have noticed on my r81 is that if it has to upscale alot (as it would with sd dvd over component, or SBS "HD") and you have all the image "enhancements" turned on it looks smeary and blurry and a bit crap. Once you fiddle with the setting, turn off or down many of the image processing options, especially the noise reduction, and feed it a nice 720p or 1080i signal over hdmi or vga, this smeary blurriness goes away.

As a note, yes, in a side by side comparison with other display tech an LCD may not handle fast motion as well, and this is inherent to the LCD technology, but it is certainly much better than it used to be. I mainly use my 32" r81 for gaming using an Xbox 360 or PC via component or VGA at or close to native res, and the 8ms response time handles some very fast motion just fine, but if you watch alot of broadcast sport, especially at SD, then yeah it won't look so hot.