Samsung La32r81bd

I got one of these today from The Good Guys for @$1500. I noticed that it was made in Malaysia and is the C model. I completely forgot to ask them if they could look for an A/S model, but oh well :blink:

there's no way they can find a 32" R8 with S or A panel anyway. Samsung does not ship 32" R8 with S/A panel to asia market

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got one of these today from The Good Guys for @$1500. I noticed that it was made in Malaysia and is the C model. I completely forgot to ask them if they could look for an A/S model, but oh well :blink:

The thing is, I think the display models are all C's as well, and they look good.

Anyone notice clouding issues on their TV or notice the screen looks a little on the blue side? I've tried dropping the colour (including the colour blue) as well as the contrast, but the screen still looks like it has too much blue on it. I've also changed the colour tone to normal.

EDIT: Would I be better off playing the 360 via Component cables or VGA?

I've got one of the Samsung LA32R81BD last weekend at Harvey Norman Bondi and I paid $1600 using credit card. I only use it to watch free to air TV or play XBox360, as I don't have Foxtel. So far so good, no complain yet. I am going to setup a HTPC soon and try to connect to it via VGA cable first, if it works out fine then I might invest on some HDMI video card.

I've got one of the Samsung LA32R81BD last weekend at Harvey Norman Bondi and I paid $1600 using credit card. I only use it to watch free to air TV or play XBox360, as I don't have Foxtel. So far so good, no complain yet. I am going to setup a HTPC soon and try to connect to it via VGA cable first, if it works out fine then I might invest on some HDMI video card.

Does it have an inbuilt tuner ?

Anyone notice clouding issues on their TV or notice the screen looks a little on the blue side? I've tried dropping the colour (including the colour blue) as well as the contrast, but the screen still looks like it has too much blue on it. I've also changed the colour tone to normal.

EDIT: Would I be better off playing the 360 via Component cables or VGA?

VGA looks better on this TV I'd say. I was told VGA trounces component on this TV, so I bought a VGA cable, and it is some what better to my eyes.

As far as I can tell, the R81 model only came out a maybe 2 months ago, so it'll be awhile before the next model. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong :blink:

Does anyone have clouding issues with their TV. Mine has a line about 1.5 inches thick running diagonally from the top left to the bottom right of the screen. It's not noticeable until I get a dark scene.

hey picked one of these up today and absolutly love it.

looked in the manual and it said that a warranty card may or may not be included with it. just wondering if anyone who bought the r81 recently got a warranty card caz i didnt.

cheers

Does anyone know if the R81 models support 1:1 pixel mapping ( picture size called 'Just Scan' ) via the HDMI @ native resolution of 1366 x 768 ?

The F71 and M81 models support 1:1 pixel mapping via their HDMI @ native resolution of 1920 x 1080

thanks,

Hi everyone,

I have just bought a Samsung La32r81bd, unpacked it and set it up. I can't seem to get the digital receiver to work. At the moment i'm using rabbit ears, but I've also connected it up to the roof. Both times the TV\DTV button says ' No Signal'. Do I need mr antenna?

The picture looks nice at the moment but I get the feeling that it's only standard definition or possibly even analogue.. it's only in 'TV' mode at the moment.

Thanks for any advice!!!

P.S. for the benefit of others, i paid $1600 on credit, am in melb.

Edited by andyHD

Hi everyone,

I have just bought a Samsung La32r81bd, unpacked it and set it up. I can't seem to get the digital receiver to work. At the moment i'm using rabbit ears, but I've also connected it up to the roof. Both times the TV\DTV button says ' No Signal'. Do I need mr antenna?

The picture looks nice at the moment but I get the feeling that it's only standard definition or possibly even analogue.. it's only in 'TV' mode at the moment.

Thanks for any advice!!!

P.S. for the benefit of others, i paid $1600 on credit, am in melb.

Just bought one of these myself for the same money. Had the same probs hehe. Must be in DTV mode then u can use the dmenu button and tune from there works fine and pics up heaps of channels and I am in regional QLD.

Am having problems however with interference of some sort on some shows. Appears to be white lines flickering and doesnt happen all the time. Read there was recall as digi tuners were playing up. anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks

Has anyone worked out what a user can do with the USB port on the back of the TV? I've read you can view USB connected devices on it but an unsure.

Its for the firmware updating ;)

Edited by HaaHn

Does anyone know if the R81 models support 1:1 pixel mapping ( picture size called 'Just Scan' ) via the HDMI @ native resolution of 1366 x 768 ?

The F71 and M81 models support 1:1 pixel mapping via their HDMI @ native resolution of 1920 x 1080

thanks,

anyone?

hey picked one of these up today and absolutly love it.

looked in the manual and it said that a warranty card may or may not be included with it. just wondering if anyone who bought the r81 recently got a warranty card caz i didnt.

cheers

Yes I did.

Dick Smith sells for 1699 marked price

Thanks guys,

some of you guys have got it for $1500 which is what i'm looking for. Did you guys got it in sydney or elsewhere??

If in sydney any chance of you letting me know which store?

I got quoted $1700 from Bing Lee Eastwood so far.

Thanks lots