Who Here Runs Their 360 In 1080p?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those with the vga problem, is ur set made in china or malaysia? I think that might have something to do with some ppl being able to run it fine and others not...

Just to add another wrinkle to the 1080 over VGA issue, I get the same issue with my new Samsung M81 when connected to my HTPC that has an on-motherboard Intel GMA950 graphics. If I connect the TV using same cables to a different PC, one with a fairly generic Nvidia graphics card in it, the TV works fine. If I connect the HTPC via a powered KVM switch to the TV, the HTPC can be displayed on the TV after a reboot (note that it won't work just by plugging the cable in when already on, strangely).

For those keeping score at home, my Samsung M81 is made in Malaysia.

Based on this, I get the impression that it could be a "not enough juice" coming out the 360 VGA port (and also my Intel GMA950 VGA port) for some of these TVs to be able to sync to the VGA signal. (That doesn't excuse the TV manufacturers' designs and builds, just a possible explanation for why.)

Thoughts?

CB

Just to add another wrinkle to the 1080 over VGA issue, I get the same issue with my new Samsung M81 when connected to my HTPC that has an on-motherboard Intel GMA950 graphics. If I connect the TV using same cables to a different PC, one with a fairly generic Nvidia graphics card in it, the TV works fine. If I connect the HTPC via a powered KVM switch to the TV, the HTPC can be displayed on the TV after a reboot (note that it won't work just by plugging the cable in when already on, strangely).

For those keeping score at home, my Samsung M81 is made in Malaysia.

Based on this, I get the impression that it could be a "not enough juice" coming out the 360 VGA port (and also my Intel GMA950 VGA port) for some of these TVs to be able to sync to the VGA signal. (That doesn't excuse the TV manufacturers' designs and builds, just a possible explanation for why.)

Thoughts?

CB

Have u tried updating ur drivers on the HTPC? I noticed in the other long thread that some ppl had issues with the 1080p on their comps, but upgrading the drivers made them run fine. Although they were Nvidia cards, but still worth a shot...

Have u tried updating ur drivers on the HTPC? I noticed in the other long thread that some ppl had issues with the 1080p on their comps, but upgrading the drivers made them run fine. Although they were Nvidia cards, but still worth a shot...

Hi sunny812,

Thanks for your reply - I've been following your progress on this and the Xbox forums. Yes, I've updated the drivers, and this is a fresh Vista build. Plus this doesn't seem to be a '1080p problem', more a '1080p with the Samsung M81 problem', as the HTPC shows 1080p fine on other monitors and TVs (darn it). Thanks for the thought, though!

CB