Best Bang For Your Buck 26" - 32" Hd Lcd Screen.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went around all the local stores at the weekend and looked over all the 32" screens. (Keep in mind the following is all IMO)

I was really keen on the Samsung R81 after everything I had read on the web, but after taking a look at the screen in several stores I was unimpressed to say the least, the pictures were always blurry/fuzzy as no matter what input I got the sales staff to put on it.

Therefore I looked at all the other models available in store. The LG picture didn't look that much better than the Samsung, the Sony and Philips pictures looked OK but not fantastic and the TV's themselves looked ugly, the winner in every store I went to was the new Panasonic 700a.

The Pana seemed to have no motion blur whatsoever no matter the input and the pictures looked much more vibrant than the other displays (Yes I got the sales staff to change settings on the other tele's).

Since it was new the model about it did cost a bit more than I wanted to spend but overall I think I ended up with a much better television for my money.

Just had a look at the Toshiba site. They have the new 32C3000A listed for $1999, though there is no mention of it being 100HZ (i thought it was?)in the specs, it has a contrast ratio of 2000:1 and 8ms response time.

They also have the 32WL68A for $1999, this does say its 100HZ with a lower contrast ratio of 1000:1, however the response time is listed as 6ms. It does not come with an inbuilt tuner, as the C3000A does.

Has anyone seen these in store, which one is better and how do they compare against the other current 32" TV's?

Everytime I think I've decided on 1, something else new pops up.

Manual or website doesnt say anything about DivX or AVI...but I havent tried

Its does say it supports JPEG MP3 LPCM MPEG1 and MPEG2 in FAT32 only. Its just a basic USB port but handy nonetheless.

well it says this on the phillips web site

Multimedia connections : USB (streaming video capable)

so wonder if it can play avi/divx files?? can anyone confirm

well it says this on the phillips web site

Multimedia connections : USB (streaming video capable)

so wonder if it can play avi/divx files?? can anyone confirm

Im guessing if it suported DivX and Avi files we would be the first to know..theyd plaster it all over the advertising. The DVD player supports DivX via its USB and its plastered all over the box....so Im guessing no.

just take your memory stick to a store and ask the guy to have a fiddle :o:D

Yep thats the one

Youve got the Ambilight havent you Struggo?

That one was a bit out of place in the bedroom for me....I went for the sleeker 32PFL

both very good teles

Hey Mello Yello,

I do have the Ambilight version, I love it!

I used the wall mount that came with it and placed in the Kitchen/Rumpus.

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/Struggo/

Cheers

Struggo

PS I seen a 32" Philips panel at Big W going for $998. Unsure of the model number though. :unsure:

Guest EZYHD
PS I seen a 32" Philips panel at Big W going for $998. Unsure of the model number though. :unsure:

Pretty sure it's the 32TA2800/79

That's the one, only 32" from Phillips that has black stand, I near bought one last week.