Sharp Aquos Lc37pd5x

I was in HN QV Melbourne on the weekend and they had one of these on display, but not connected to anything... No one was around or willing to talk to me so I didn't get a look.

I was just wondering if anyone had one, and had any opinions... 37" is about as big as I can go in my space, so the size is just right...

Cheers,

DigitBugsy.

Yeah the one HDMI thing is the only thing that bothers me on paper... But same as you, the only thing I have that's HDMI atm is my DVD player. The rest of the specs look pretty sweet, 6ms, 1200:1 static contrast (not great, but fine).

What'd you pay for it if you don't mind me asking... Another user picked one up for 1900 which seems pretty good to me... Just wondering if that is abnormal...

Cheers,

DigitalBugsy.

Arrived at my home on May 7, 2007

good PQ, to me they are more natural color compare to sony which I think sometimes they are to red.

Anyway this is personal preverance.

Sound wise sony v series is much better. But you would not use TV speaker for music rights.

Overall I really satisfied with the TV

Cheers CAP1,

Sound is a non-issue for me so long as it has an optical out, which I believe it does, I'll run it through my amp and surround speakers.

Which Myer did you get it from, I noticed you got a great price from you post in the 32" thread...

Cheers,

Andrew.

Arrived at my home on May 7, 2007

good PQ, to me they are more natural color compare to sony which I think sometimes they are to red.

Anyway this is personal preverance.

Sound wise sony v series is much better. But you would not use TV speaker for music rights.

Overall I really satisfied with the TV

Cheers CAP1,

Sound is a non-issue for me so long as it has an optical out, which I believe it does, I'll run it through my amp and surround speakers.

Which Myer did you get it from, I noticed you got a great price from you post in the 32" thread...

Cheers,

Andrew.

I got it from myer pitt street mall in sydney CBD

$1865 at my home front door :blink:

hope you like it

Cheers

Alfred

• 2 weeks later...
Bought a 37" one today, picking up later this week for $1979 with 2 years extended warranty at Myers Chatswood.

I never thought I be buying a TV there but the deal was too good to pass up

Just wonder if you know that SHARP give 3 yrs warranty for all LCD above 32"

When I bought it the sales guy also made mistake about it. They told me it was 1 year.

Anyway if you got with that price and total 5 years warranty then JOB WELL DONE

I never thought buying any big electronic from myer. normally their price are over the top

Just wonder if you know that SHARP give 3 yrs warranty for all LCD above 32"

When I bought it the sales guy also made mistake about it. They told me it was 1 year.

Anyway if you got with that price and total 5 years warranty then JOB WELL DONE

I never thought buying any big electronic from myer. normally their price are over the top

Yeah I thought that was a bit weird cause the Sharp LCD TV I picked up last year had 3 years. Oh well not a big deal, this tv has 5 years all up now. Still a mighty good deal though :blink:

Thanks for the heads up

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

We actually got ourselves one of thesse on the weekend & are absolutely in love with the picture quality BUT the sound is really average & echoing quite abit. We have tried adjusting the sound (trebble & bass etc) via the menu but it still sounds crappy. Has anyone else noticed this or have we just got a bad egg? Could it just be the way they sound? It was a little tough to test out the sound in the store.

Thanks heaps :blink:

Furbie

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys,

I just bought this Sharp lcd (37") for my parents last weekend, and it also has the hollow, echo-filled sound from those speakers as mentioned above. Is this expected? I feel like something is a bit off because our old crt tv had better sound. I bought a Samsung lcd for myself the week before (the 32" R8 model) and the sound is great on that. I've tried changing all specs on the audio, none fixed the issue. Maybe the Sharp speakers are faulty?

Also, is it normal for the Sharp lcd to take around 8 seconds to change channels? My Samsung is almost instantaneous in comparison! I can help but think the Sharp lcd we bought is a lemon...

Sorry if my questions are a bit ambiguous or answered elsewhere, this is my first post to dtvforum :)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks,

DomG

Also, is it normal for the Sharp lcd to take around 8 seconds to change channels? My Samsung is almost instantaneous in comparison! I can help but think the Sharp lcd we bought is a lemon...

My 37" Sharp Aquos takes around 6 sec to change channels when selecting the channel manually. However using the Back button or the Program/Favourite Guide, it takes around 2 sec. Seems like the Sharp takes around 4 sec to find out what you really want before switching:)

Anyway, 6 sec for me is slightly annoying but I don't watch much FTA so it doesn't really bother me. However, 8 sec is a little too much. Maybe some other Sharp owners can confirm their response times to see if yours is an isolated problem or it is indeed normal for Sharp LCD TVs to respond slowly when changing channels.

• 3 months later...

Hi All

Purchased a 37PD5X from an auction house with scratches on the base. It was approxiately out of warranty and the picture disappeared. Has sent it to PES to be repaired and have been told that it will cost over $1650.00, so I am let than happy with this product.

If anyone else has had problems with their picture disappear can you please let me know where they got it fixed or if there are any other avenues I should be looking at.

Please help.

IMCCAA

• 11 years later...
9 hours ago, Skellycool said:

I have 2nd hand aquos lc-37pd5x but the volume is badly distorted, is it fixable?

Everything is fixable but it comes down to how much it costs. You probably wont get a tech to look at it under $100 and the TV itself is probably only worth that much. Plug the audio outputs into a stereo or powered speaker if you can to get you through and put the $100 into a new TV would be my recommendation.