Sign in to follow this  
Vatoe1503560767

Beyonwiz Best Price

Anyone know the best price and location to buy a P1 in Sydney? Everyone in the Shire seems to be quoting around the $950 mark.... :excl:

JB Castle Hill (in the Hills Shire) was used to get the first $760 price. Other guys have used that receipt to price match elsewhere. Go back a few pages and you should see it.

Well, I just purchased the DP-P1 from JB Hi-Fi Parramatta, NSW, for $890. At first I was informed that the lowest price they could give me was $940, but after referencing this forum and the prices that were being discussed, they grudgingly accepted $890.

Could possibly have shopped around to get it cheaper, but I'm impatient and wanted it NOW :P

Well, I just purchased the DP-P1 from JB Hi-Fi Parramatta, NSW, for $890. At first I was informed that the lowest price they could give me was $940, but after referencing this forum and the prices that were being discussed, they grudgingly accepted $890.

Could possibly have shopped around to get it cheaper, but I'm impatient and wanted it NOW :P

My friend couldn't wait either and bought a P1 from JBHiFi Caringbah $900 250Gb hard drive - so he is happy except I can't get the network to work - he wanted to use a HUB instead of a router and somehow I think that may be the problem? I tried every combo I could think of (mine just worked when I plugged it in and did a search).....

beyonwiz is good, but it will be better with dvd recorder.

panasonic dvd recorder is good, but no hd tuner.

is there anybody who knows the all-in-one product; hd pvr + dvd recorder?

beyonwiz is good, but it will be better with dvd recorder.

panasonic dvd recorder is good, but no hd tuner.

is there anybody who knows the all-in-one product; hd pvr + dvd recorder?

None currently exist in Australia unless you build/buy a HTPC.

FWIW, why would you want a SD DVD recorder on a HD PVR? Wouldn't it be better to get one with a Bluray burner?

None currently exist in Australia unless you build/buy a HTPC.

FWIW, why would you want a SD DVD recorder on a HD PVR? Wouldn't it be better to get one with a Bluray burner?

no, what i want is hd pvr and dvd recorder which can burn hd contents to dvd.

hd pvr with bluray burner will be the best, but price will be extremely high.

ATM, you will need to invest in both to have all those features. Your options as I see it are;

HD PVR and DVDR

HD STB and DVDR with HDD or

HD PVR and DVDR with HDD

but DVD is only SD - with hd pvr and dvd recorder you can burn programs from HD channels but only in SD

You can only fit half an hour of HD onto a DVD.

To get more, you would have to scale it down to SD which defeats the purpose.

but DVD is only SD - with hd pvr and dvd recorder you can burn programs from HD channels but only in SD

Okay, I see.

does ex87 support the automatic or manual downscale function that hd recording to sd level and copy to dvd?

I haven't found this function in its operating manual, but heard it from somewhere.

is it possible with ex87?

Okay, I see.

does ex87 support the automatic or manual downscale function that hd recording to sd level and copy to dvd?

I haven't found this function in its operating manual, but heard it from somewhere.

is it possible with ex87?

The ex87 ONLY record SD. I don't know of any DVD-R's that record HD.

HD DVD-Rs may be coming but I don't know of any in Australia (yet).

Something I do all the time is copy files from an HD PVR to a PC and burn to high quality SD DVDs.

Going to the PC allows one to keep the full 5.1 sound.

Apologies for taking this thread further OT.

This subject really should be being discussed elsewhere as this is a BW thread.

Of course it is possible to do what I've written here with the BW.

You can only fit half an hour of HD onto a DVD.

To get more, you would have to scale it down to SD which defeats the purpose.

not always

Ten HD and Ten SD show differeint things sometimes. I love the Ten HD quality, but i wouldn't wanan fork out extra to get a blu ray burner. i'd be happy to keep my copy at SD.

Sometimes ppl want to save the content, and are not fussed if its in HD or SD. Obviuosly they prefer HD, but it's not worth the extra $$ to them.

You can fit more than half an hour of HD onto a 4.7GB DVD. You can fit a whole episode of Lost with out any compression. It all depends on the bit rate and codec you use of course.

Edited by Paranoid666au

Bought a P1 on Saturday from HN Chadstone for $790. Just showed them this thread with what people have been paying. JB would not go below $920.

It was interesting watching other customers beforehand. All of the sales guys were pushing the P1 as the best and most reliable recorder available. They were telling people to steer clear of analogue and SD only digital recorders.

Bought a P1 on Saturday from HN Chadstone for $790. Just showed them this thread with what people have been paying. JB would not go below $920.

It was interesting watching other customers beforehand. All of the sales guys were pushing the P1 as the best and most reliable recorder available. They were telling people to steer clear of analogue and SD only digital recorders.

They weren't telling the old relationship builder "I have this exact model at home" with customers too ;) ?

Not in the half hour I was there. But they sold 3 units.

Not in the half hour I was there. But they sold 3 units.

from your posts, looks like you bought all three!

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the great info, man there is heaps of reading on the different types of PVR's, I have never done so much in all my life, seriously you should post some pictures or diagrams for lazy people like me ;-)

Any way I decided to go and get the DP-S1, I purchased it from JB Hi-Fi Marion, SA, for $1050. I have to wait till tomorrow to pick it up as they were out of stock.

I had a look at Good Guys and they weren’t happy in coming close.

Once again Thanks...

Any way I decided to go and get the DP-S1, I purchased it from JB Hi-Fi Marion, SA, for $1050. I have to wait till tomorrow to pick it up as they were out of stock.

I had a look at Good Guys and they weren't happy in coming close.

Once again Thanks...

That is the same store where they told me that both Topfield and Beyonwiz were just about finished, and that I should consider a Homecast instead.

I ended up getting a DP-S1 at HN for $1090 after they matched the GG price, so things and price matching must just about change on a daily occurrence.

John

Thanks for all the great info, man there is heaps of reading on the different types of PVR's, I have never done so much in all my life, seriously you should post some pictures or diagrams for lazy people like me ;-)

Welcome Dawizz and congrats on the purchase.

Dave® has posted some pics of various PVRs including the Wiz on his PVR Tools site

Hi,

Thanks Diesel,

I picked up my BW and to my surprise I got the 250Gb HDD :D , I quickly rushed home to set it up I found it easy to set up.

One small problem is that there seems to be a hum coming from the back right hand side, could that be where the HDD is ?? If so don’t they have rubber grommets to keep it quiet? If not how can I make it quieter? Apart from taking it back.