Beyonwiz Dp-p1

JB Hifi at Carindale (QLD) have the 500gb P2 at $500

Can these take a 2Tb drive upgrade later if I'm running out of space?

If you are running out of space because your Wiz is full of recordings you would be better off moving the keepers to a USB HDD or NAS or PC.

If you replace it with a a 2TB drive then you won't be able to view those 500GB of recordings.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you replace it with a a 2TB drive then you won't be able to view those 500GB of recordings.

Yes you can.

• Install the 2TB HDD as the internal HDD in the Beyonwiz, format the drive and start using it.
  • Install the removed 500GB HDD into an externally-powered USB enclosure
  • Plug the 500GB HDD into the Beyonwiz as an external drive
  • Watch the old recordings direct from the external drive, or copy them onto the new drive on the Beyonwiz.

Fair enough Peter - I stand corrected.

Personally I find it more useful to have the extra storage external to the Wiz.

I've got 1.5TB USB drives connected to both my Wizzes.

I use them for my home movies, edited and re-encoded Wiz recordings and backups of PC content.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I am looking at the DP P2 2TB or DP Lite 500Gig.

For me the decision is around the Media Player Functionality of the DP P2.

I have been told that you can copy files to it and use it as a media player of sorts. How bad is it really for that.

With my WDTV I have movies in a directory structure on a network drive (only three levels deep) to sort between movies and tv shows for adultys and kids. Is this functionality available in the P2?

Thanks

Steve

Hi Guys,

I have been told that you can copy files to it and use it as a media player of sorts. How bad is it really for that.

With my WDTV I have movies in a directory structure on a network drive (only three levels deep) to sort between movies and tv shows for adultys and kids. Is this functionality available in the P2?

Thanks

Steve

I've only had a P2 for a few days and this works extremely well for .mkv playback, I think my MC PC will be hardly used from now on.

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply but a specifically was after info on whether or not you can set up folder structures for the files you copy to the P2.

Steve

I've only had a P2 for a few days and this works extremely well for .mkv playback, I think my MC PC will be hardly used from now on.

Hi Guys,

Thanks

Steve

The Media Player functionality is almost the same for the DP-P2 and DP-Lite except

- DVD ISO/folders (not on Lite nor later P2s)

- playback of 3D h.264 Trial broadcasts (not on 01.05.xx firmware on earlier P2)

- DP-Lite doesn't have memory card slots so you couldn't directly play something from a memory card (but then large photos from recent digital cameras don't display well with Wizzes anyway)

If you already have movies on a network drive both the P2 and Lite can stream them from there so you don't really need to copy them across.

Comparison of the models at

http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/media/downloads...ALL_Feb2011.pdf

• 2 weeks later...