Beyonwiz Dp-p1

but DVD is only SD - with hd pvr and dvd recorder you can burn programs from HD channels but only in SD

Okay, I see.

does ex87 support the automatic or manual downscale function that hd recording to sd level and copy to dvd?

I haven't found this function in its operating manual, but heard it from somewhere.

is it possible with ex87?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I see.

does ex87 support the automatic or manual downscale function that hd recording to sd level and copy to dvd?

I haven't found this function in its operating manual, but heard it from somewhere.

is it possible with ex87?

The ex87 ONLY record SD. I don't know of any DVD-R's that record HD.

HD DVD-Rs may be coming but I don't know of any in Australia (yet).

no, what i want is hd pvr and dvd recorder which can burn hd contents to dvd.

hd pvr with bluray burner will be the best, but price will be extremely high.

Something I do all the time is copy files from an HD PVR to a PC and burn to high quality SD DVDs.

Going to the PC allows one to keep the full 5.1 sound.

Apologies for taking this thread further OT.

This subject really should be being discussed elsewhere as this is a BW thread.

Of course it is possible to do what I've written here with the BW.

You can only fit half an hour of HD onto a DVD.

To get more, you would have to scale it down to SD which defeats the purpose.

not always

Ten HD and Ten SD show differeint things sometimes. I love the Ten HD quality, but i wouldn't wanan fork out extra to get a blu ray burner. i'd be happy to keep my copy at SD.

Sometimes ppl want to save the content, and are not fussed if its in HD or SD. Obviuosly they prefer HD, but it's not worth the extra $$ to them.

Guest guinevere

Hi,

I have a question about the P1.

If streaming media (divx) from my pc via network to the P1, will the P1 automatically upscale the media to 1080P/i as my Dvd player does?

thanx

I have a question about the P1.

If streaming media (divx) from my pc via network to the P1, will the P1 automatically upscale the media to 1080P/i as my Dvd player does?

guinevere, yes the P1 and S1 upscale content to 1080i. It works suprisingly well on a my 50" screen. Much better than what I was expecting for some stuff off the net.

OK I'm back, just as bamboozled as before, but with less hair now.

I'm now confused about connecting it for audio to the Pioneer. Does the DP-S1 require some form of audio connection regardless of whether it is connected via HDMI? I tell ya I'm getting so ballsed up with these connections. :angry: I think the manual sort of says yes an audio connection is needed but it really does not spell it out for me.

And this is where it gets complicated connecting to the Pioneer is because with using input 3(HDMI) on the Pio an extra audio lead is required but if you use input 4(HDMI) carries both video and audio.

I currently have it connected to input 4 with no audio cable connection which brings me to another question. I can connect the audio to the Pio if one is needed using either an optical or coaxial lead, but once again confusion reigns as the only optical connection I can find on the back of the Pio and it says "digital out" I assume that is the connection but I thought it would have said digital in not out?

I have plugged in the DP-S1 and turned it and I got the Welcome screen, and the configuration screen with some info and then it starts scrolling "service scan" whatever that means?

Thanks as always.............

John

I'm now confused about connecting it for audio to the Pioneer. Does the DP-S1 require some form of audio connection regardless of whether it is connected via HDMI? I tell ya I'm getting so ballsed up with these connections. :angry: I think the manual sort of says yes an audio connection is needed but it really does not spell it out for me.

And this is where it gets complicated connecting to the Pioneer is because with using input 3(HDMI) on the Pio an extra audio lead is required but if you use input 4(HDMI) carries both video and audio.

Are you saying that the Input 3 on the Pio is HDMI without audio?

If you are using HDMI you shouldn't need to make an additional audio connection.....

I currently have it connected to input 4 with no audio cable connection which brings me to another question. I can connect the audio to the Pio if one is needed using either an optical or coaxial lead, but once again confusion reigns as the only optical connection I can find on the back of the Pio and it says "digital out" I assume that is the connection but I thought it would have said digital in not out?

The digital out is for the Pioneer's internal tuner, so you can send audio to an amplifier. It is not an input!!

I have plugged in the DP-S1 and turned it and I got the Welcome screen, and the configuration screen with some info and then it starts scrolling "service scan" whatever that means?

"Service scan" means the beyonwiz is looking for TV channels in your area. This is normal the first time you start the unit up, it may take some time so be patient.

John

I'm now confused about connecting it for audio to the Pioneer.

If you connect up the BW to the Pioneer screen using HDMI, then you don't need a separate cable for for sound/vision. HDMI carries both audio and visual signals. If you connect up using any other type of connection (Component, sVideo, composite) then you will need to connect up a cable (usually yellow plugs) for the sound. I presume that AV4 on the Pioneer is Component/composite connection, not HDMI?

I can connect the audio to the Pio if one is needed using either an optical or coaxial lead..

The optical/coax out of the BW is usually used to connect the sound to an AVR and passing sound out through the HT speakers. As I said above, if you are connected to AV4, trhen you will need a audio cable connected between the two devices.

Depending on what method of connection - I would advise HDMI as the most simple - then you can use the "TV Out" button on the remote to scroll through the various output resolutions. I would suggest at first to output set at "HDMI PAL" and in the setup menu, set it to 1080i. Once you get comfortable eith the setup, you can then have a play with the settings to see what looks best to you.

Are you saying that the Input 3 on the Pio is HDMI without audio? If you are using HDMI you shouldn't need to make an additional audio connection.....

Yes Peter according to the Pio manual input 3 and 4 are both HDMI and this is where once again I get confused with the description and I quote " For input 3 connect an HDMI cable for the video and (if necessary) a stereo audio cable for analogue audio. You can select the audio and video format according to the device you have connected" and it goes on to say that "input 4 connect just an HDMI cable-this carries both the audio & video signals" It then goes on into how to specify the type of digital video signal with four choices.

Auto (default) Automatically identifies input digital video signals. I assume this is the one I will use?

Colour-1 Digital Component Video signals (4:2:2) locked

Colour-2 Digital Component Video signals (4:4:4) locked

Colour-3 Digital RGB signals locked

The digital out is for the Pioneer's internal tuner, so you can send audio to an amplifier. It is not an input!! Thanks for that I shall not be connecting to that yet.

"Service scan" means the beyonwiz is looking for TV channels in your area. This is normal the first time you start the unit up, it may take some time so be patient. Oh, OK I obviously need to read the manual a bit more but really it makes no mention that this is what it does on the first start up, not until you go much deeper into the manual..........One other thing which made me think there was something wrong was that the Pio is totally blank no hint of anything at all? I shall wait and see what happens after the service scan is finished.

John

Ok so I finally have it running and it has sound and very clear picture also. Next step I suppose is firmware update, and then connection to the network for the Ice guide etc...........You guys will be so glad when I'm finally done. :winky:

Thanks

John

Edited by Johnmw1

Guest guinevere
guinevere, yes the P1 and S1 upscale content to 1080i. It works suprisingly well on a my 50" screen. Much better than what I was expecting for some stuff off the net.

Thx Diesel, that was the final thing that has prompted my purchase of one. I was getting tired of using my Xbox as a media centre.

I purchased my P1 for $780 from JB Capalaba Brisbane. I think I could of got it for the $760 from JB Mount Gravatt but coudnt be bothered driving over ther for $20.

Also is the best way to connect directly to my HD LCD or thru my AMP?

thx

guinevere

Ok so I finally have it running and it has sound and very clear picture also. Next step I suppose is firmware update, and then connection to the network for the Ice guide etc...........You guys will be so glad when I'm finally done. :winky:

John, may I recommend that you only upgrade to .192 (December 18 2007) FW as there are a few issues with the latest March FW. December FW is stable, reliable, just missing bookmarking.

You can download December FW here. A new FW is due by mid April. Just make sure you follow the upgrade procedure here

I purchased my P1 for $780 from JB Capalaba Brisbane.

Also is the best way to connect directly to my HD LCD or thru my AMP?

Well done on the price...! B)

As far connection goes, it depends on how you want to use it and what your AVR is capable of doing. I have mine connected straight to TV via HDMI and also optical to AMP for 5.1 experience.

Even more surprising on a my 100" screen. I think it also cleans up FTA HD content.

cheers

Guest guinevere

This is probably a silly question but here goes!

Would there be any difference in picture quality watching TV straight from my 1080P LCD compared to watching it come thru via the P1 ?

thx :blush:

This is probably a silly question but here goes!

Would there be any difference in picture quality watching TV straight from my 1080P LCD compared to watching it come thru via the P1 ?

thx :blush:

That would depend on what processing each device performs on the raw signal. I know that my P1 outperforms my Hotchips HD set top box on PQ.

cheers

Guest guinevere

In network mode for streaming, I have a problem that it will not open one of my folders, it opens the others but not the one I want, all the share settings are the same.

Is there perhaps a limit to the size of folder which can be opened?

thx

In network mode for streaming, I have a problem that it will not open one of my folders, it opens the others but not the one I want, all the share settings are the same.

Is there perhaps a limit to the size of folder which can be opened?

thx

Remove and rescan for PC's. Worked for me

cheers

Guest guinevere
Remove and rescan for PC's. Worked for me

cheers

yeah tryed that, its funny on 1st attempt after a fresh scan I can open the folder but there is nothing there, not even my sub folders. But if I then exit out of that folder then try to reopen it again it wont open at all, it does nothing. :wacko:

yeah tryed that, its funny on 1st attempt after a fresh scan I can open the folder but there is nothing there, not even my sub folders. But if I then exit out of that folder then try to reopen it again it wont open at all, it does nothing. :wacko:

I have a problem where it sees the folder, but will not show anything in it unless I change from movies to pictures or another media type in the menu and back to movies, then it shows all the files and sub folders, I'm using Dec FW. Try this maybe?? Anyone else have any ideas??

:blink: