Beyonwiz Dp-p1

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure the likes of Foxtel and the commercial broadcasters don't like where this type of content delivery is heading. Rather than embracing it and looking at ways they can get in on the ground floor and exploit revenue avenues, let's view it like the devil incarnate and work to delay/hamper it.

I am currently looking for a solution to replace my toppy 5000 and xbmc. At the moment I am swinging between the beyonwiz p1 and tvix product (4130/6500).

Just a few quick questions of any owners before I make the final leap (and thankyou for your time).

Can anyone relate their experience with the beyonwiz and toppy/xbmc and compare. Does it compare favourably, exp ease of use for the family.

Also I mainly use xvid at the moment, but in the specs and forum I have only seen reference to divx. Does it play them xvid happily?

Finally does anyone know of where I can find screenshots of the UI?

Once again thanks.

I am currently looking for a solution to replace my toppy 5000 and xbmc. At the moment I am swinging between the beyonwiz p1 and tvix product (4130/6500).

Just a few quick questions of any owners before I make the final leap (and thankyou for your time).

Can anyone relate their experience with the beyonwiz and toppy/xbmc and compare. Does it compare favourably, exp ease of use for the family.

Also I mainly use xvid at the moment, but in the specs and forum I have only seen reference to divx. Does it play them xvid happily?

Finally does anyone know of where I can find screenshots of the UI?

Once again thanks.

P1 plays XviD happily.

Whilst the TviX 4130SH is a very nice piece of kit, doesn't it only have a single tuner??

That would be the deal breaker for me. I couldn't do without a twin tuner in a family situation.

All screen shots of the P1 can be seen in manual, downloadable from the Beyonwiz site.

For those that don't keep in touch with the BW forum, just to let you know that the Beta testers are currently testing the latest FW so it looks like as long as there are no show stoppers, this should be out before the end of the month.

Thanks diesel ; wonder if they'le be more than the bookmarking as mentioned ? :)

Finally got myself one of these at the weekend. I cant tell you how impressed i am with it. Have not got around to updating the firmware yet though. (is it worth doing?)

One question, has anyone tried networking one up with just usb wireless dongle thing? (technical term i assure you)

Thanks guys.

Welcome on board GZ,

I'd recommend upgrading to .192 FW at the very least. Check out the BW Forum as I believe there are a couple of users there that have their units hooked up to wireless bridge

Does .192 do anything major? or does it just iron out some bugs?

All depends what FW is alreay on the machine. .197 is the same as .192 but just adds LiDiC support.

Release notes

Main enhancements are;

- Stability improvements

- SMS style input for naming shows

- Soft padding added

- "later" option added to Power Off confirmation popup

- Network link status monitoring

- fixed DVD playback stutters if paused>2mins

- case insensitive file name sorting

- default recording file name to event name if EPG data is available

- highlight all repeat timers in RED

- EPG Fixes such as change "next day" button to skip "24 hrs"

- "View only" timers in different colour on EPG

- file copy/move speed displayed in real time

- Playbar timeout added (stays on screen for 10secs unless you press "OK")

Beyonwiz have released WizFX source code and docs. Does this mean other companies like VideoReDo can use it in their interface to pull recordings off a BW and then pull it into the VRD interface ready for editing - making it all inclusive?

Hi All,

Beyonwiz has released the WizFX cource code and its relevant documents at Beyonwiz Korea web site ( http://www.beyonwiz.com/support/download.php ), it would be available at Beyonwiz Australia web also shortly.

Regards,

Jackie

Beyonwiz have released WizFX source code and docs. Does this mean other companies like VideoReDo can use it in their interface to pull recordings off a BW and then pull it into the VRD interface ready for editing - making it all inclusive?

I thought that VideoRoDo was already doing that - merging all the 32Mb chunks into one file.

I thought that VideoRoDo was already doing that - merging all the 32Mb chunks into one file.

Correct, but AFAIK it's not able to pull them straight off the HDD of the BW. If it could "see" the BW HDD then that would be even better!

I am a new user and have a Dp-s1. I seem to have it networked ok I can stream from my network to the BW and can copy from the BW to my PC with WizFx. But I haven't been able to stream directly from the BW to my PC. Is this possible and I've missed something? It seems to me that being able to view the file while downloading with WizFx would be a great addition to WizFx.

Thanks

Buz

I am a new user and have a Dp-s1. I seem to have it networked ok I can stream from my network to the BW and can copy from the BW to my PC with WizFx. But I haven't been able to stream directly from the BW to my PC. Is this possible and I've missed something? It seems to me that being able to view the file while downloading with WizFx would be a great addition to WizFx.

Thanks

Buz

Buz - the wiz only streams from your PC to the beyonwiz (not the other way around). Perhaps if WizFX works like diesel suggests then you could watch beyonwiz to PC, but at the moment the transport stream files are recorded on the beyonwiz in 32Mb chunks.

Edited by Gondy

Buz - the wiz only streams from your PC to the beyonwiz (not the other way around). Perhaps if WizFX works like diesel suggests then you could watch beyonwiz to PC, but at the moment the transport stream files are recorded on the beyonwiz in 32Mb chunks.

Thanks for clearing that up I will stop looking. Would be good if VLC player could set up as plugin for WizFx.

Well, well, well. I just had my first lockup/corruption of the box today. I switched it on about an hour ago and it was behaving strangely. Then I received a popup saying I had a possible corrupted HDD. I checked it a couple of times but the popup kept appearing and couldn't dismiss it after it reported the drive to be ok. I then unplugged it at the wall. After plugging it back in and getting the "check HDD" request again it now tells me that the HDD is corrupted. (Interestingly it doesn't suggest how to fix it... even the manual doesn't mention it. I presume a format is necessary).

I don't know what caused this. I've not had a problem until now.

I haven't read this thread - I just want to ask a quick question.I have a DP-P1 and am very happy with it.

But I'm copying some recordings to my PC and it's going at a rate of 1.5MB/s! A 6GB recording is estimated to take 24mins.

It's connected via a CAT5e over maybe 20m. Is this rate normal? Windows shows NIC utilisation at a constant 12%, 100mbps link.

I haven't read this thread - I just want to ask a quick question.I have a DP-P1 and am very happy with it.

But I'm copying some recordings to my PC and it's going at a rate of 1.5MB/s! A 6GB recording is estimated to take 24mins.

It's connected via a CAT5e over maybe 20m. Is this rate normal? Windows shows NIC utilisation at a constant 12%, 100mbps link.

I have transferred a couple of files from my P1 and from memory a file that size only took around 6-8 minutes(5M cat 5 cable, but I don't think a 20M one would change it much, if at all)...

I am finding it more convenient to Copy or Move the file to an external HDD using the USB port. It's transfer speed is around 3-3.5 Mb/sec or about 26 minutes.. I don't mind as I do this when I have something else to do or watch..Maybe later I will look at tweaking it.