Sign in to follow this  
JasonInMelbourne

Samsung 1080p Owners

Got a new problem cropped up with my LA46F81BDX 46" F8 LCD.

When I first had the panel hooked up to my Onkyo 875 I never had this problem, but recently when I change channels on the TV I get the a click on the Amp and the HDMI resyncs the Audio.....

Any ideas, is this a known issue on the TV or Amp?

re

Frasonic

hi guys does anyone know how to calibrate the LA37A550P1RLXL, this model isnt on the samsung site yet, its a 35000:1 contrast ratio one with 100hz.

thanks

Just getting into this. Samy 52" 650 & blu-ray player on the way.

My laptop only goes to 1440 x 900 with a GeForce 9500M GS video card with 1 setting of 60Hz. I will connect the laptop to tv via DVI to HDMI and the micophone jack for audio. I'm reading stuff about matching the pc resolution with the tv and setting the refresh rate to 25Hz.

Does this tv upscale from pc resolution to 1920x1080?

You'll probably find that your video card can do the full 1080P res. once a 1080P screen has been connected.

Its probably detected that your current screen can only do 1440 x 900 so that's what it limits the options to.

worst case senerio it will (should) upscale it for you... but it won't look very good compared to 1:1 mapping. particularly for text.

Does anyone have a PS3 connected via the HDMI with Dolby Digital working. I recently purchase a Series 6 LDC TV and connecting the PS3 via HDMI I get no Dolby Digital Sound.

hey guys I'm a newbie here so sorry if I'm repeating anything - I just got a Samsung LA40A550 - and the default colour setting aren't the best - I heard there is a guide or even a dvd I can burn to setup the perfect colours and settings for my TV - can someone please point me in the right direction

Thank you

Does anyone have a PS3 connected via the HDMI with Dolby Digital working. I recently purchase a Series 6 LDC TV and connecting the PS3 via HDMI I get no Dolby Digital Sound.

HI Xeon881

I have the Samsung series 6 Plasma PS50A650 and it clearly says in the manual that it will not pass dolby digital from HDMI source back out the TV optic to an AMP receiver

So I have my PS3 sound pluged directly into the amp receiver via optical since my amp is pre-HDMI

this was disapointing as i'm sure they could fix this with a fw update. (fyi this thread is about picture 1080p not sound)

Ok now on to my post on the 1080P from PS3 OMFG it's unreal

Hired Batman Dark Knight on BD last night it was so crisp I could not get my jaw off the floor.

and WipEout HD (PSN Game ) 1080P and 60 fsp drool

Hello Everyone,

New member here and just want to say what an awesome site!

I am running a Samsung LA46M81 along with the Samsung DVD 1080P7, have had this setup for well over a year and am very happy with it. I haven't really played around too much with changing all the settings, it pretty much runs the factory default ones. I know with LCD and PLASMA, the pic quality is a very personal taste and everyone has it set to their own liking.

Some people like the real film smooth pic, while others like the sharp strong pic. I tend to fall somewhere in between these two. I was wondering if anyone can recommend some settings to try out? I am keen to see what this baby can do.

Also with the DVD player, you can adjust some of the settings in there as well which may affect the overall pic quality.

If anybody knows of any settings to use there that would be great too.

cheers guys

HI Xeon881

I have the Samsung series 6 Plasma PS50A650 and it clearly says in the manual that it will not pass dolby digital from HDMI source back out the TV optic to an AMP receiver

So I have my PS3 sound pluged directly into the amp receiver via optical since my amp is pre-HDMI

this was disapointing as i'm sure they could fix this with a fw update. (fyi this thread is about picture 1080p not sound)

Ok now on to my post on the 1080P from PS3 OMFG it's unreal

Hired Batman Dark Knight on BD last night it was so crisp I could not get my jaw off the floor.

and WipEout HD (PSN Game ) 1080P and 60 fsp drool

Thanks Assimilator,

I too am disappointed, as my previous LG LCD TV decoded and passed the 5.1 sound out via the TV optical Out, I do hope they fix this. So at the moment I also have my PS3 connected to an AMP via Optical.

Cheers

Cheers

hi, i recently purchased the Samsung Series 6 40 inch (LA40A650A1F) which came with firmware 1004, dated 20/5/2008.

i just upgraded to 1012.1 or whatever the latest one is at the moment, and noticed a few difference, speed differences in menu, guide browsing, and the name change to "Movie Plus" etc.

but i also noticed that when i'm using the xbox 360, or ps3 (both through HDMI) i get a very light flickering all over the screen, on both.. mostly on dark blues, but not blacks.

this never happened with firmware 1004 and just wondering if anyone else has noticed this? and what can i do about it? i don't really wanna downgrade firmware, if anyhting i'd try going to 1011, but i can't find the firmware files anywhere.

hi, i recently purchased the Samsung Series 6 40 inch (LA40A650A1F) which came with firmware 1004, dated 20/5/2008.

i just upgraded to 1012.1 or whatever the latest one is at the moment, and noticed a few difference, speed differences in menu, guide browsing, and the name change to "Movie Plus" etc.

but i also noticed that when i'm using the xbox 360, or ps3 (both through HDMI) i get a very light flickering all over the screen, on both.. mostly on dark blues, but not blacks.

this never happened with firmware 1004 and just wondering if anyone else has noticed this? and what can i do about it? i don't really wanna downgrade firmware, if anyhting i'd try going to 1011, but i can't find the firmware files anywhere.

Not sure about the series 6,but the earlier models have an option to revert back to the previous software.

Go into your software upgrade/ over the air upgrade/software information and there is an option to switch software.

Good luck.

HDrocks: B)