Sign in to follow this  
JasonInMelbourne

Samsung 1080p Owners

Must not be my lucky day or lucky TV. TV is not yet 24 hours old, turned it on just now and all I have is a white picture (appears almost like a negative image)... No blacks at all and hardly any colour at all. Think maybe I do have a dud TV.

Looks like I'll be getting in contact with the supplier tomorrow for a replacement... (hopefully they do replace) otherwise I will have to get Samsung in to fix it.

What a downer......

Paul Simon

Just tell them it was like that from the start, to hurry along proceedings. Good luck, I'm touching wood all over the place mine will stay good...

Hi guys,

thinking of getting a 50 inch plazzy and so far from what i have read and seen and price,

the Samsung 1080 around the $3000 seems pretty good.

Anybody have one? Happy yes?no?

Are you happy with samsung service if you have had a problem?

Kind regards,

Shane.

just ordered the 58" P9 tonight for a reasonable price. however due to uncertainties with stock (currently out of stock and yet to confirm with samy), im considering changing this to a 63" P7. apart from size difference and err the price, what are people's opinions?

and would you say the price difference was worth it? thoughts please.

What is the price difference between these 2 TVs ? I have a 50 inch P9 and also a Sony VW50 projector which I use to project a 92 inch picture. On both displays I use DVDO VP50 for video processing. Even with my 50 inch P9 I can see major improvement with the use of dedicated video scaler even with HDTV and on every SD source I have got hook up to it. The P9s have great plasma panel but it does not have the best video processing capability. I have seen VP50 selling for USD1050 and if the price difference between 58' P9 and 63' P7 is near that sort of region I think you should stay with P9 and buy a VP50.

Hi guys,

thinking of getting a 50 inch plazzy and so far from what i have read and seen and price,

the Samsung 1080 around the $3000 seems pretty good.

Anybody have one? Happy yes?no?

Are you happy with samsung service if you have had a problem?

Kind regards,

Shane.

Very happy with my P9 (50 inch). Only had it for 3 days though... Took almost 7 weeks to arrive from ordering. Great picture, great value. There's been a few people complaining about buzzing and white lines on 1080p output but that hasn't happened to me.

Very happy with my P9 (50 inch). Only had it for 3 days though... Took almost 7 weeks to arrive from ordering. Great picture, great value. There's been a few people complaining about buzzing and white lines on 1080p output but that hasn't happened to me.

Cheers for that.Still high on the shopping list so far.

damnit... i guess it was too good to be true.

got a call about my 58" P9 from HN (CBD/SA) and was told that they spoke to Samsung who said there's a 4 week min wait... more likely 6-8 week.

so i started ringing around. Good Guys (Pooraka/SA) first of all couldnt match the HN price, and secondly spoke to Samsung who stated that the model was discontinued so couldnt get any in anyway. then i spoke to JB Hifi (TTP/SA) who advised me that they only have one display item (and couldn't match the HN price anyway) and confirmed that the model was discontinued. They also advised that only a small amount of them will be released from Samsung purely to fill in the first few on backorder - but not all...

guess i jumped on too late and the HN guy i put a deposit on was blowing hot air... ARGH!!!

what to do? still thinking of going to a 63" but $6.5k+ is a big cry from $4k for the 58" P9...

If you wait long enough, maybe the 63" will drop in price to $4.5k well before the Olympics. ;)

Dang.

So the plazzy I was after is no more?

Thats ok if they do a new 50 inch for the same price.

Hmmm.will just have to wait.

Edited by Vidiotic

Hi Guys, Just a quick question on wall mounting the 46" M8.. is the four BIG screws at the back of the screen is where you moung the bracket on to?

cheers..

Hi Guys, Just a quick question on wall mounting the 46" M8.. is the four BIG screws at the back of the screen is where you moung the bracket on to?

cheers..

If you mean 4 threaded holes Yes.

HDrocks: :rolleyes:

If you mean 4 threaded holes Yes.

HDrocks: :rolleyes:

Hmm... At the back panel of my 46"M8 it did not come with and pre-threaded holes.. Just 4 Big screws already screwed near the 4 corners of back panel. I am assuming it to hold back cover in place, not for us to take the screw out and use it for mounting..

So.. I am still a bit confused..

Hmm... At the back panel of my 46"M8 it did not come with and pre-threaded holes.. Just 4 Big screws already screwed near the 4 corners of back panel. I am assuming it to hold back cover in place, not for us to take the screw out and use it for mounting..

So.. I am still a bit confused..

My F8 is in a recess so can't see it.

I was going on the 32".

But its wonderful what happens when you search:: Try This:VESA 600x400 pattern.

HDrocks. :D

Does anyone know how to turn off the "MUTE" indication on the screen on the PS50P91FDX? Really annoying to have to turn the volume down instead of muting when using the external amp.

Does anyone know how to turn off the "MUTE" indication on the screen on the PS50P91FDX? Really annoying to have to turn the volume down instead of muting when using the external amp.

if it's anything like the F81 LCD there is an internal mute option in the setu pmenus which will mute the speakers permanently (and not display a mute icon)

If the menu is like the LCD's there is an internal mute switch.

HDrocks: :mellow:

Hi Guys,

well totally blew the budget on this plazzy yesterday.

WOW.Its pretty bloody nice.

Just wondering if any owners can tell me anything

I should be doing,ie:

1/ read in the forums there is some sort of running in cycle?

2/Best settings

etc.

Gotta say the speakers/sound is a bit thin as i had read about.

Picture is great tho.

Cheers,

Shane.

Hi guys I am a Newbie to the forums. And currently looking at getting a 40' Samsung full HD tossing up between the M8 and the F.

I just would like to know what everyone’s experience with these TVs is so far.

I have read through most of the thread but allot of the information in regards to pricing I guess has changed. Best I have done so far is $1800 for the M8 and around $2200 for the F. (Sydney, Sutherland Shire)

also just wanted to see if the TVs were standing up against time.

Hi guys I am a Newbie to the forums. And currently looking at getting a 40' Samsung full HD tossing up between the M8 and the F.

I just would like to know what everyone’s experience with these TVs is so far.

I have read through most of the thread but allot of the information in regards to pricing I guess has changed. Best I have done so far is $1800 for the M8 and around $2200 for the F. (Sydney, Sutherland Shire)

also just wanted to see if the TVs were standing up against time.

I've got a 40" M8, which I love, and having seen a friend with an F8 (a 46" though), I personally couldn't justify the extra $400 for the 40" F8. It might seem worth it to some others though, I just couldn't see where.

The M8 is a fantastic buy.

I had the same problem. But my Onkyo amplifier has a setting to turn off the ''audio out'' (ie It sends sound to the speakers, but not the TV)

See if your amplifier has that option.

Best I have done so far is $1800 for the M8 and around $2200 for the F.

If you had $2200 in hand, I would suggest buying the 46" M8 instead of the puny 40" F8. Check out the HDTV Prices thread and this -

http://hdtvprices.pbwiki.com/

The 46M8 was ticketed at $2341 in HN Bondi Junction last week. Haggling would have brought it down to the magic $2200 mark.

Saw 40 F8 i think for 1788 today

I think you saw the 40N8. They look very similar. No way the 40F8 is going to be ticketed at 1788.

Much Difference between them u reckon?

In terms of price, at least $400 to $500.

In terms of performance, the F8 is better. It has a little subwoofer at the back, higher contrast ration and a better panel, plus 100Hz (which doesn't work that well). Is it worth 25% more money for the 40" model ? I don't think so. It's wiser to spend $150 more than the N8 and get the M8.

In terms of price, at least $400 to $500.

In terms of performance, the F8 is better. It has a little subwoofer at the back, higher contrast ration and a better panel, plus 100Hz (which doesn't work that well). Is it worth 25% more money for the 40" model ? I don't think so. It's wiser to spend $150 more than the N8 and get the M8.

cool thanks.

been caught in 2 minds about this.