Samsung TV Owners & Discussion Thread

Hi All

Does anyone have their media centre connected directly to the LCD and outputting sound throught the Tv speakers not via HDMI ? As I am still having

audio issues :( I connected the media centre to the Tv with a 3.5mm Stereo RCA 1 to 2 plug ie

HDMI and Audio Out (green jack) on PC -------> HDMI2 and DVI (red white) on TV

No sound also tried

HDMI and Audio Out (green jack) on PC -------> HDMI1 and DVI (red white) on TV

HDMI and Audio Out (green jack) on PC -------> HDMI1 and Audio LR on Component 1 on TV [knew this shouldn't work was desperate]

I know its not the media centre as I connected a pair of crappy PC speakers to the Audio out jack and it worked

Anyone have and ideas on what I'm doing wrong do I have the wrong cable ? or perhaps theres something in the sound menu I need to change ?

Meanwhile I did change the screen res to 1920x1080 60Hz within the media centre and know the TV signal looks great and is full screen size :)

Thanks in advance

Mel

Useing the audio input alongside where you have your video input should work.

HDrocks: :blush:

I have an old video connected in there at the moment but I am not using it so I will unplug it and give that a try I don't know why I didn't think of that last night I tried just about every other combo :) thanks for the suggestion

Mel

Hi I have been looking into buying a new LCD TV and am stuck between the Samsung F8 or Sony Bravia X.

One thing I was wondering about the F8 is if it can support NTSC playback? I have the specifications downloaded and it says "Colour system PAL Multi" I see this as PAL only and I want to know if this is correct or not?

Also how people's experiences with Samsung service has been? I have a friend who would not buy form them because of bad service and problems getting part's so was wondering what other people have experienced.

Thanks In advance

I don't know if it can tune into an analog NTSC RF signal, but it can handle NTSC 480i via AV and NTSC 480i, 480p, 720p and 1080i via Component.

Guest mikeoz

Hi All,

keen on buying the M8 40" best prices in the hills area in sydney was $2100 for the M8, anybody got a better price

noted the on the website ... www.theelectricdiscounter.com.au has it for $1819

if they have a receipt if around the $1800 before the cashback would be great.

if you could email me mcfleong at gmail com

As have a hard limit of $1650 from the BOSS!

have a limited budget, if I cannot get that price

would probably drop down to a panasonic px70a 42" how does that compare to the samsung PS42C91HDX

as they are around the $1300 price point.

cheers.

samsung 1080p is ment to have the best cristal display. and the black minimal edges suit me fine. looks good. offer was good at the time as i also got a free 19 inch. lovely. sound does sound crappy but thats why you need 5.1 speakers for true cinema experience. as for game mode i noticed less jolts and flicker by the motion blur that occurs when in game mode. over all 95% happy with product.

Hi all,

Does anyone have some optimal/recommended settings to try for the N8 series here?

Been fiddling myself and it looks pretty good but just after some other peoples configs I could try.

There was one posted in another thread for the R8, and they made a significant difference to my parent's tv.

Thanks in advance.

Hey Guys...

Got my 52" F81 yesterday

It is simply awesome

Applied the 1013 upgrade as well...went through without a hiccup.....

I know I have seen this somewhere before....but has anyone optimized their settings for this TV ?

What do you suggest for the settings ?

I still get some pixelation on HD channels ...dont know if this is due to the broadcast...or if I should have things like DNIer swithced off ?

At the moment I have the 100Hz Motion setting switched off

Hey Guys...

Got my 52" F81 yesterday

It is simply awesome

Applied the 1013 upgrade as well...went through without a hiccup.....

I know I have seen this somewhere before....but has anyone optimized their settings for this TV ?

What do you suggest for the settings ?

I still get some pixelation on HD channels ...dont know if this is due to the broadcast...or if I should have things like DNIer swithced off ?

At the moment I have the 100Hz Motion setting switched off

Mode: Movie

Contrast: 91

Brightness: 49

Sharpness: 29

Colour: 56

Tint (G/R): G46/R54

Colour Tone: Warm1 (But this entirely depends on your choice. See what you like best)

Backlight: 5 (This again depends on the lighting on your room.. Put it at about 4 for a bright room and about 6-7 for a dimly lit room)

Auto Motion Plus 100 hz: Medium (Well.. what can i say.. some switch it off.. some just put it on medium .. i have no problems with it on medium and i do find it makes a difference with it switched off)

Under Detailed Settings:

Black Adjust: Off

Dynamic Contrast: Off

Gamma: +3 (Again, this depends on the lighting in your room)

Colour Space: Auto

White Balance: R offset: 15

G offset: 15

B offset: 14

R gain: 19

G gain: 19

B gain: 26

My Colour Control: Pink: 15

Green: 15

Blue: 15

White: 16

Edge Enhancement: Off

Anyway.. these are the settings on my TV in low to medium lit room...

ofcourse tweak it a bit here and there for your own eyes..

try keeping this settings for about 1 week and then your eyes will get used to it and when you switch back to dynamic.. it kinda sounds quite unusual i say..

basically ive just tweaked it myself from the one in hdtvtest..

Mode: Movie

Contrast: 91

Brightness: 49

Sharpness: 29

Colour: 56

Tint (G/R): G46/R54

Colour Tone: Warm1 (But this entirely depends on your choice. See what you like best)

Backlight: 5 (This again depends on the lighting on your room.. Put it at about 4 for a bright room and about 6-7 for a dimly lit room)

Auto Motion Plus 100 hz: Medium (Well.. what can i say.. some switch it off.. some just put it on medium .. i have no problems with it on medium and i do find it makes a difference with it switched off)

Under Detailed Settings:

Black Adjust: Off

Dynamic Contrast: Off

Gamma: +3 (Again, this depends on the lighting in your room)

Colour Space: Auto

White Balance: R offset: 15

G offset: 15

B offset: 14

R gain: 19

G gain: 19

B gain: 26

My Colour Control: Pink: 15

Green: 15

Blue: 15

White: 16

Edge Enhancement: Off

Anyway.. these are the settings on my TV in low to medium lit room...

ofcourse tweak it a bit here and there for your own eyes..

try keeping this settings for about 1 week and then your eyes will get used to it and when you switch back to dynamic.. it kinda sounds quite unusual i say..

basically ive just tweaked it myself from the one in hdtvtest..

Thanks for that Rocean...

I have just changed the settings...and will keep an eye on it for a few days...

SO is it the Edge Enhancement that tends to pixelate things a little ? Is this why you have switched it off ?

Or do you tend to see the same thing ?

Some broadcasts are more pixelated than others in the finer details (eg) faces ?

Thanks for that Rocean...

I have just changed the settings...and will keep an eye on it for a few days...

SO is it the Edge Enhancement that tends to pixelate things a little ? Is this why you have switched it off ?

Or do you tend to see the same thing ?

Some broadcasts are more pixelated than others in the finer details (eg) faces ?

well i'll be honest.. but i did a test on these settings while just watching ten hd..

tried my best to find a difference with edge enhancement off and on.. it didn't make any difference on my eyes atleast..

so im not really sure what edge enhancement actually does !

keen on buying the M8 40" best prices in the hills area in sydney was $2100 for the M8

So property isn't the only thing that is overvalued, overrated and overpriced in the Hills District .....

I honestly can't see the benefit of buying a plain HD plasma compared to a Full HD LCD. However, if you are on a tight budget, the Panasonic 50" plasma is going for around $1750. I had seen the Panasonic 42" PX-7A ticketed at $1175 in Good Guys Alexandria so that's even better if you want to save money.

Otherwise, ask Myer to make you a deal on the 40" M8. Just ask how low they're willing to go because you have seen deals of $1500 on the N8 so the M8 should be close to that. Use this to match -

http://shop.gameon.net.au/p/377241/samsung...la40m81bdx.html

It's a guy in Sydney with a retail store selling it for $1799.

Recently noticed a lot of ghosting on this tv....

Exception is when motion flow is set to off (still very slight ghosting can be seen)

This does not necessarily applies to very fast moving scenes/objects but it generally is so.

Havent seen much on Blue ray stuff since i dont have that many to watch.

Quite annoying once u see this... its good tv when it is not.. but when it is.. well.. IT PISSES U OFF!

Hey guys how big is the box for the 46inch sammy, just wondering if Iwould be able to fit it into the back of my car.

The box for the Sammy is:

134.7 x 87.7 x 42.4cms (Width x Height x Depth)

if its a normal sedan.. i doubt it will fit in your car..

i would recommend a ute or atleast a hatchback.. its quite a big beast ..

Edited by Rocean

Got a Q9 50 inch the other day, looks amazing. However my parents watch a lot of news on Chinese satellite channels which have the news bars, time display and big fat colourful logos and there is some image retention- just noticed it today. I've got pixel shift on and stuff, hopefully it's not permanent. What are everyone's thoughts? This would apply to gaming as well. I'd hate to worry about the TV every time it's used for what it's meant to be used for...

Got a Q9 50 inch the other day, looks amazing. However my parents watch a lot of news on Chinese satellite channels which have the news bars, time display and big fat colourful logos and there is some image retention- just noticed it today. I've got pixel shift on and stuff, hopefully it's not permanent. What are everyone's thoughts? This would apply to gaming as well. I'd hate to worry about the TV every time it's used for what it's meant to be used for...

Hey Cool_db,

Can you let us know which Good Guys store this was from? I would be keen to get a copy of your receipt if you have it handy by any chance...

Thats a great price!

Edited by b0lgs

Hi guys,

Took the plunge yesterday and just got the 46" delivered this morning, very sexc indeed..though i have a worry, when i shut the tv off i hear "clicking" noises that go on for a while. Has anyone experienced this problem? Im guessing i might have a faulty unit? or is it something i havnt done right?

any help would be wonderful

Hi guys,

Took the plunge yesterday and just got the 46" delivered this morning, very sexc indeed..though i have a worry, when i shut the tv off i hear "clicking" noises that go on for a while. Has anyone experienced this problem? Im guessing i might have a faulty unit? or is it something i havnt done right?

how long does hte clicking noise go on for ?

basically the clicking is just the TV switching itself off (main power that is).

most of the amplifiers and receivers do the clicking.

my F8 clicks once when power button is pressed.

Hi guys,

Mine clicks several times once the tv has just been switched off. Tv works fine as I have had it since November...