Sign in to follow this  
morkli

Samsung 50" Plasma Ps50q91hdx

for any chartered accountants out there, they have a deal through 'the members' for the 50" Q91 for 2,749 delivered - although you have to wait a week or 2.

for any chartered accountants out there, they have a deal through 'the members' for the 50" Q91 for 2,749 delivered - although you have to wait a week or 2.

Who is this deal through??? Thinkaudiovisual? Any further info? Why accountants? :blink:

Who is this deal through??? Thinkaudiovisual? Any further info? Why accountants? :blink:

its through themembers.com.au ... but for me to get there i go though my membership of the institute of chartered accountants. the deal may be specific to institute members only ...

according to the icaa website "theMembers Pty Ltd is associated with Bi-Rite Electrical, an established ‘bricks & mortar’ retailer "

its through themembers.com.au ... but for me to get there i go though my membership of the institute of chartered accountants. the deal may be specific to institute members only ...

according to the icaa website "theMembers Pty Ltd is associated with Bi-Rite Electrical, an established ‘bricks & mortar’ retailer "

Interesting.. Still a great price! Hopefully some retailers will go that low...

you sure thats not for the runout model 'Q7' as i had a customer just this week with a print out for a deal for chartered accountants and it was for a Q7

just FYI

Does any one have any good settings for this set?

I have had mine for about a week now and it's a great panel, but I know that it could be better if it was close to being setup right.

So if anyone can help on settings please PM me or post them, as I am sure others would like to know as well. :blink:

Edited by rmack

That deal through "the members" is for product code PS50Q9HDX (seems to be the same price as the Q7) - can I assume thats the same as the Q91HDX that we are all talking about? Samsung list it as product code PS50Q91HD?

you sure thats not for the runout model 'Q7' as i had a customer just this week with a print out for a deal for chartered accountants and it was for a Q7

just FYI

yep, they ran out of Q7s so they advised me they are offering the new model Q9 for the same price (well actually a whole 50c cheaper i think)

i'm also assuming there is only 1 'Q9' model in Australia, but i guess i could be wrong .... it is quoted as hrk55 stated ... PS50Q9HDX

Slightly OT, but the new 63" 1080p is already for sale in the US:

Lowest price....USD $4,798.00

Latest Harvey Norman catalogue has the 42C91 for $1999 and 50C91 for $2999 and there should be further discount on that.

Makes me wonder if the 50" is worth the extra $1000..... 50% extra cost

Latest Harvey Norman catalogue has the 42C91 for $1999 and 50C91 for $2999 and there should be further discount on that.

I know. I was sure I was getting the 42", but now, almost certainly the 50". Everyone says once you get a screen you wait a month and think "Why didn't I go the next size!?" Also, 50" has quite a lot more viewable area.. (There's a thread about screen size somewhere on AVS forums and 42" v 50" etc)

Dr No 77, when I asked GoodGuys to look it up on their database, they quoted $2600. THat didn't include any haggling so I'm sure it could be had for substantially less.

Which Good Guys, they quotes 50' $2900 & 42" $1900, if $2600 for 50" I will get one

Which Good Guys, they quotes 50' $2900 & 42" $1900, if $2600 for 50" I will get one

So would you say $2800 for the 50" C91 with 5 year extended warranty is a reasonable ask?!

So would you say $2800 for the 50" C91 with 5 year extended warranty is a reasonable ask?!

I think so...

Whats with no stores having stock of the Q range plasma?

I'm told they are out for another 2 weeks.

Why not I will try tomorrow when I go to try to get one. Will let everyone knows the price.

I have also spoke to Samsung Rep of Samsung Australia to find the differences between Q91 & C21. The results are:

Both has contrast 15000:1

Q91 ultra filterbright & C91 Filterbright, so the black level is better on Q21, but it is not much as I have seen them side by side

Q91 3 x HDMI, C91 2x HDMI

Q21 has Anynet+ HDMI, C91 does not

Price is roughly $400 more on Q91 & Samsung Rep said if I am fuss on Black level, inputs & Anynet+, then Q21

Internally, both has the same processor.

Hope this may clear some minds. Anyone has other info, please let me know.

Whats with no stores having stock of the Q range plasma?

I'm told they are out for another 2 weeks.

I was told by a local retailer that they were on the way but had to be re-called as they've discovered another problem with them.

Apparently they are made in China.

Why not I will try tomorrow when I go to try to get one. Will let everyone knows the price.

I have also spoke to Samsung Rep of Samsung Australia to find the differences between Q91 & C21. The results are:

Both has contrast 15000:1

Q91 ultra filterbright & C91 Filterbright, so the black level is better on Q21, but it is not much as I have seen them side by side

Q91 3 x HDMI, C91 2x HDMI

Q21 has Anynet+ HDMI, C91 does not

Price is roughly $400 more on Q91 & Samsung Rep said if I am fuss on Black level, inputs & Anynet+, then Q21

What are these 21 models.....Q21 and C21?

Hi, I purchased a 50 inch PS50Q91HDX today from Retravision, (Scarborough beach road Osbourne Park) for $3050 cash they still have 3 left.

The price in WA is a bit more due to freight from the Eastern states

These ones have had the tuner software updated.

I was told by a local retailer that they were on the way but had to be re-called as they've discovered another problem with them.

Apparently they are made in China.

All outstanding orders have been deployed... the wait is because these things are selling like hotcakes... and no, I have no vested intested in Sammy...

I am still waiting on my Q9.... 3 weeks... at the end of my research and visual inspections... this is the panel I thought best... I queried samsung on the delay and everything has been handled very professionally IMO. No new issues with this panel reported.

That was GoodGuys at Prospect (Blacktown) NSW