Sign in to follow this  
morkli

Samsung 50" Plasma Ps50q91hdx

cost difference of about 250 bucks if memory serves me right, which is about 8% cheaper on the 42"....

trust me, once these hit the shelves, there will be c91 threads instead of q91 threads, unless you really need a 3rd hdmi input its not worth it(plus i think the c series looks better, kinda like the sharp lcd's across the bottom)

look on avsforum for reviews on the 4254v4264 or 5054v5064...

from reports, unless you have a bright room, the filterbright is better than the ultra for more natural colouring, plus the ultra has a slight purplish tinge to it, not easy to notice when on but its there....

Great.. Now you're just confusing my purchase! :blink:

I do have a bright lounge room though - Windows all along one wall... I'm not sure if the ultra filterbright would be an advantage then... 3rd HDMI doesn't phase me to be honest.. Does it look any different aesthetically? I'll have to search around. Interested to see how much one of these cost in the 50...

Great.. Now you're just confusing my purchase! :blink:

I do have a bright lounge room though - Windows all along one wall... I'm not sure if the ultra filterbright would be an advantage then... 3rd HDMI doesn't phase me to be honest.. Does it look any different aesthetically? I'll have to search around. Interested to see how much one of these cost in the 50...

it does look different,

it has a solvery/gold line across the bottom, and doesnt have the 'lip' look like the Q91 series...

up close- http://www.samsung.com/Products/TV/PlasmaT...c_l_hpt4254.jpg

i doubt the reflective issue is that big a deal, hence why im waiting for the C91

we got our 50" c91 series display model in today, looks the same picture wise as the Q91 as i expected

main stocks will be instores within a fortnight apparently(im sick of waiting, my tv's broken....)

Well I went out cash in hand today hoping to pickup the PS50Q91HD. Came home empty handed :blink:

Seems that there aren't too many of these in stock around my area at the moment (Dick Smith quoted a 2 week wait).

Anyone know where I can get a decent deal (looking for sub $3k) that has stock?

Think I'll stick with the Q91 over the possibly cheaper C91. I'm sure that I'll eventually make use of that extra HDMI port and I prefer the all black styling.

For those that are interested...I just came across this on the C91.

http://www.samsung.com/au/hdtv/c9.html

it does look different,

it has a solvery/gold line across the bottom, and doesnt have the 'lip' look like the Q91 series...

up close- http://www.samsung.com/Products/TV/PlasmaT...c_l_hpt4254.jpg

i doubt the reflective issue is that big a deal, hence why im waiting for the C91

we got our 50" c91 series display model in today, looks the same picture wise as the Q91 as i expected

main stocks will be instores within a fortnight apparently(im sick of waiting, my tv's broken....)

Thanks for the links guys. I prefer the Q9 aesthetically to be honest... Not sure about the gold trim. hehe.

Looks like I'll be waiting longer as I want to check the pic quality on the C91... So a fortnight you reckon? I'll keep an eye out for it. Any review / opinion's would be appreciated. :blink:

Anyone know if it can handle 1080p signals either through component or HDMI?

also whats it vga input capabilities like?

Have heard the PS50C91 will be here and selling as early next week. Already been quoted a $2650 (delivered).

Seems just enough to differentiate from the PS50Q91.

>edit

The link you provide states that the C91 has a dynamic contrast ratio of 10.000:1, unlike the Q91 which has a 15,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio.

still waiting on delivery for my Q9.... From what I have researched the Q9 is the screen I have been looking for.... had the opportunity to view the Q9 and the X70 (pana) side by side... (this was my short list) and the Q 9 (with the same source) was clearly superior. I even asked the rep to show me all the settings... all were on factory.... Given the amount of adjustability of the Q9 I am sure I can improve on this... awesome panel IMO.

Have heard the PS50C91 will be here and selling as early next week. Already been quoted a $2650 (delivered).

Seems just enough to differentiate from the PS50Q91.

G'day there. Where is the $2650 quote fom?

Well I went out cash in hand today hoping to pickup the PS50Q91HD. Came home empty handed :blink:

Seems that there aren't too many of these in stock around my area at the moment (Dick Smith quoted a 2 week wait).

Anyone know where I can get a decent deal (looking for sub $3k) that has stock?

Think I'll stick with the Q91 over the possibly cheaper C91. I'm sure that I'll eventually make use of that extra HDMI port and I prefer the all black styling.

Try calling Retravision at Sunshine, they said about getting some sets over the weekend. I got mine for $2900.

The link you provide states that the C91 has a dynamic contrast ratio of 10.000:1, unlike the Q91 which has a 15,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio.

Please don’t pay much attention to quoted contrast ratio specs, they are notoriously inaccurate as the methods used to measure them are not stated and vary wildly. They have little to no bearing on real world performance.

Use a dark room and your eyes to gauge black level, which is the aspect of performance that’s important.

G'day there. Where is the $2650 quote fom?

http://www.thinkaudiovisual.com.au/

This was the C91. Its not on their website yet but have it quoted in an email ...

$2649 inc delivery and setup.

I am currently waiting for my PS50Q91 to be delivered this arvo. Found a couple of units at The Good Guys (Essendon DFO). Got it for $2960 with no stuffing around.

Me "Whats your best price for cash?"

GG "$2960. And I can have it delivered today"

Me "Sold!"

Taking to him while putting the sale through he was keenly aware that the PS50Q91 is hard to come by atm.

I am pretty sure that in a couple of weeks, when everyone has their latest stock, prices below $2800 will be the norm, but I just stoked to have it today :blink:

Just been all around Adelaide today to buy the new Panasonic 70a. In the very last shop (myer) they had the panasonic and the Samsung next to each other tranmitting channel 9 HD. All I can say is wow!! and double wow. I thought I had made my mind up but what a complete difference. I am now faced with the prospect of travelling around again too find the best price on the Sammy.

The ticket price is $2499, anyone else been offered a good deal on these in Adelaide??

Please don’t pay much attention to quoted contrast ratio specs, they are notoriously inaccurate as the methods used to measure them are not stated and vary wildly. They have little to no bearing on real world performance.

Use a dark room and your eyes to gauge black level, which is the aspect of performance that’s important.

I agree Owen, but that wasn't my point. :blink:

The previous generation Samsung panels quoted a dynamic contrast ratio of 10,000:1 and the new one is quoted at 15,000:1.

I thought that perhaps they were clearing out the old panels in the guise of a "new" budget panel. Or it could just be a typo!

I'll wait till we get these new 50" in stock to judge!

I may converse with the samsung rep and see what sort of special deal I can get a 50 for :blink:

I looked at a Q91 today and asked for a price for the C91. Was told they'd just sold their only one and that the price would be $2600. That was at GoodGuys without any haggling.

Yeah what's the deal with that.. Can anyone confirm that the C91 is also 15000:1???

Also, the new JB catalogue has the 42" C91 @ $1997, and the 50" @ $2999. (No doubt a bit of movement in those prices).

Yeah what's the deal with that.. Can anyone confirm that the C91 is also 15000:1???

Also, the new JB catalogue has the 42" C91 @ $1997, and the 50" @ $2999. (No doubt a bit of movement in those prices).

Hi,

I have read this thread for a while because I consider to get Q91, but today I have seen a C91 on display with Q91 side by side. I would say that the colour depth of Q91 is more than C91. It is looks like that Q91 is 15000:1 contrast while C91 is 10000:1 (ultra filterbright vs filterbright). The quote price for 42" is $2100 for Q91 & $1900 for C91. My question is anyone has any experiences with stripes on Q21 as stated in this thread on AVforum

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=527504

Any comments appreciate

I've just been on www.thinkaudiovisual.com.au Prices are 42"C91 @ $1849 and 50" @$2799, that's delivered and setup.