Samsung TV Owners & Discussion Thread

Ok I made this thread so people could discuss the new Samsung 61", 50" & 46" 3 Panel LCD Rear Projection TVs.

Well I had the honor of seeing the 61" unit today and it was Absolutely brilliant.

It looked sharper and had better blacks then the LG 60" unit.

I had the LG 60” unit but I returned since it had developed a Red Spot on the screen, I got given a new one but even the new LG unit I was given developed a Red Spot on the screen so I returned it and got my money back.

Samsung 61" (154cm) 3 Panel LCD RPTV Specifications & Features (Model No: SP-61L2H):-

http://www.samsung.com/au/products/tv/rear...tv/sp61l2hx.asp

Samsung 56" (142cm) 3 Panel LCD RPTV Specifications & Features (Model No: SP-56L5HR):-

http://www.samsung.com/au/products/tv/rear...tv/sp56l5hr.asp

Samsung 50" (127cm) 3 Panel LCD RPTV Specifications & Features (Model No: SP-50L2H):-

http://www.samsung.com/au/products/tv/rear...tv/sp50l2hr.asp

Samsung 46" (116cm) 3 Panel LCD RPTV Specifications & Features (Model No: SP-46L5HR):-

http://www.samsung.com/au/products/tv/rear...tv/sp46l5hr.asp

Hi Force,

Ive actually put one on layby at Brashes in preston, I too loved the picture on the samsung. Its got a great non reflective screen also which will suit the area its going into. The picture seemed to be a little sharper than the LG IMO. The LG was still a beutiful picture though dont get me wrong. Played around with the settings a bit instore and was able to get a stunning picture. By the way i payed $8400 on layby. Would of picked up but im still building my house, cant wait to get the baby home..

David G

Hmm.. I wonder what this means:

Component Jack...............Smart Jack (480i~1080i,720P) (2 In)

That doesn't LOOK like it supports 576p, although I could be wrong.. The LG 60" LCD RPTV doesn't list 576p either but does support it..

-Auldar

The complete specs of the Samsung 61" plus features can be found at the Samsung site.

http://www.samsung.com.au/samsung.asp?cat=116&obj=1205

Boy you have to be quick. I checked the Samsung www late last week and there was no reference to any lcd rptv.

I had seen the "127cm, 3 Panel LCD RPTV" at the Good Guys and thought it had by far the best picture of all the rptv on display.

I went there to check out a price on the "106cm 16:9 Widescreen 100Hz Progressive Scan RPTV" which they have advertised for $2799. This set apparently was $3599- when it first came out. I had been searching the Samsung www looking for specs as I could not find out the contast ratio or the resolution. Still cann't.

I may have bought the 106 cm rptv had I not seen the 127 cm lcd rptv.

I know what I want now, a 106 cm lcd rptv!

How do you feel about changing the name of this thread to something like "Samsung RPTV" so it can be used by anyone looking to buy this brand?

Dave :blink:

Yep im more then happy to change it so people can discuss the LCD RPTV but the problem is it does not allow me to change it.

Can an admin change the thread title so people can discuss the 154CM, 127cm etc Samsung 3 Panel LCD RPTV.

Please change the title to....

Samsung 154cm, 127cm etc, 3 Panel LCD RPTV's.

Also Billy Two Hats I don’t want to include the CRT Samsung RPTVs as I think it would be best to have a different thread for them. (due to different technology etc etc) :blink:

[Edit:]

The first post has been updated to include the 50" (127cm) 3 Panel LCD RPTV.

I have reported the thread and asked for an admin to change the title. :P

OK sounds good.

I asked because there are now some 9 Tantus rptv's on the samsung www

so I guess they would be generating some interest, and look like they are catching up with LG.

Plus they seem to have me hooked.

Would I be right in assuming all lcd rptv's are 3 panel, the panels replacing the guns on the crt?

Dave :blink:

I have ordered the 61" Samsung it should be coming in next month. :blink:

Also has any one got the 154cm or 127cm unit yet?

If so can some one try to enter the service menu with the commands below?

Entering the Service Menu

With the TV off, press Mute-1-8-2-Power in sequence. The set now turns on in Service menu mode. You can use the remote to navigate through the menu.

Hmm.. I wonder what this means:

Component Jack...............Smart Jack (480i~1080i,720P) (2 In)

That doesn't LOOK like it supports 576p, although I could be wrong.. The LG 60" LCD RPTV doesn't list 576p either but does support it..

-Auldar

I rung up Samsung Friday morning and asked what the 61" Samsung LCD RPTV supports and here is the full list.

480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 720p & 1080i.

:blink:

try to find out what size is the tft panels the specs dont show it. ,this is very important also the frequency response hor & vert this tells us what type of data we can put thru it.a good quality dlp or lcd projector has.9 of an inch,highend units have between 1.2-1.5inch.still i find the rptv overpriced