Samsung TV Owners & Discussion Thread

also, samsungs new c91 model will be released in the coming weeks, and from reports will be the same as the US's lower 42&50" models, meaning only main difference is it has the normal colour filter not the 'purebright' colour filter(ie less reflection)

around $250 less on each model compared to q91

just FYI

Optical Audio Out

Does anyone know whether these Q91 Plasmas have Optical Audio Out from the inbuilt tuners. I am aware the new M8 LCDs have Optical Audio out.

I downloaded the manual and there is no specific mention of this interface, except these appears to be a Audio Out plug next to the PC input plug on Page 7 of the manual. I asked the Sales guy at JB hifi and he assures me that the Q91 plasmas do have an Optical Audio Out. Can anyone confirm this please.

Thanks,

Hi everyone. Got my 40" M81 today. Going through the setup of the PC through VGA I found that I couldn't get the TV to accept my PC res at 1920 x 1080. It would goto auto adjustment & when my display returned it was on the old res. By going through my display settings I noticed the refresh rate was set to 70 Hertz. By changing that to 60 I was able to get it to accept the 1920 x 1080 res. I hope this is helpful to some who may have some problems with the input from the PC though the VGA port.

Hey guys

Just a quick question to the 40" M81 owners. Had a look at one today on display and noticed that it didn't seem to stand perpendicular to the stand, ie it was leaning forward a bit and not standing straight. Is this adjustable and if not, has any M81 owners noticed this?

Howdy

My screen is perpendicular and this doesn't appear to be adjustable, so I suspect either your eyes deceived you or the store has wonky shelves!

I have the screen is a fairly bright room and the reflectiveness has only been apparent when the screen is turned off, so not a problem. I do avoid watching it with bright sources behind me though, but in full daylight the screen is perfectly watchable.

Hope that helps!

Howdy

My screen is perpendicular and this doesn't appear to be adjustable, so I suspect either your eyes deceived you or the store has wonky shelves!

I have the screen is a fairly bright room and the reflectiveness has only been apparent when the screen is turned off, so not a problem. I do avoid watching it with bright sources behind me though, but in full daylight the screen is perfectly watchable.

Hope that helps!

Awesome - thanks for the quick reply...really appreciated.

PS, I put my deposit down on the LG 47lb2de this afternoon.. pickup saturday. Not going through the same backlight bull!@#$ with samsung. They better get both panel and firmware right first... amazing really.

Gazz, when you get the LG can you tell us all about it in a new thread please. I've had my eye on this one as well.

I've got one of their older 37" models and it's worked nicely over the years.

Hi Folks,

Just wondering how you feel about running you pcs on La m8 40s?

What vgas are you using?

Not having any luck looking for vgas with hdmi outputs, please, some pointers.

I'm interested in what theatre set ups your using too, i'm impressed with the Bose, but not so keen on the price and cables! Watched 300 last night, stnd dvd, upscaled through hr-735 on progressive. WOW! God bless Frank!

Thanks for your thoughts.

Hi Folks,

What vgas are you using?

I'm interested in what theatre set ups your using too, i'm impressed with the Bose, but not so keen on the price and cables! Watched 300 last night, stnd dvd, upscaled through hr-735 on progressive. WOW! God bless Frank!

I have a crappy old PC hooked up to it at the moment to play my MP3's and to run our wedding photos as a screensaver (keeps the wife happy :blink: ) and it runs just fine.

As for Home Theatre, see my earlier post. Buy it up in bits, skip integrated systems (though i'm sure the Bose one is very good). Shop around for parts and don't be afraid to go 2nd hand. My setup is probably very crude by enthusiast standards, but it sounds great! Ignore the snobbery, there's a lot of it about.

Hi Folks,

What vgas are you using?

See my signature.

I downloaded the manual and there is no specific mention of this interface, except these appears to be a Audio Out plug next to the PC input plug on Page 7 of the manual. I asked the Sales guy at JB hifi and he assures me that the Q91 plasmas do have an Optical Audio Out. Can anyone confirm this please.

The manual I linked to clearly has it pointed out (labeled 8, to right of component1), make sure you download the Q91HD manual.

Also specs now on site:-

http://www.samsung.com/au/products/tv/plas...=Specifications

Shonkey*, messed up the model number sorry.

"I can supply the new LA46M81BDX for a special cash or credit price of $3499.00 "

www.Theelectricdiscounter.com.au

I just spoke to Paul at The Electric Discounter. $3499 is for the 40" M8, not the 46". He wasn't sure how this price got quoted.

He also said that they didn't have a price for the 46", but expected it to be around the $4500 mark.

Bummer! :blink:

interesting, as i queried the 46" model number, price came back for the 40" model number, and when queried he said that it was in fact the 46" and had mis quoted the model number :blink::D:P

Thought it was a good price...

Ordered mine today, will be about a 2 week wait till delivery :D

So are we flying solo or you still need a wingman?

Saw the 40 and 46 side by side in bing lee tonight so tempting lol.

Hopefully someone coming to buy my old telly tomorrow but its 2 girls and they got no guys to help em :blink: might have to buy some lunches for guys at work...

Hi Folks,

What vgas are you using?

I have a crappy old PC hooked up to it at the moment to play my MP3's and to run our wedding photos as a screensaver (keeps the wife happy :blink: ) and it runs just fine.

As for Home Theatre, see my earlier post. Buy it up in bits, skip integrated systems (though i'm sure the Bose one is very good). Shop around for parts and don't be afraid to go 2nd hand. My setup is probably very crude by enthusiast standards, but it sounds great! Ignore the snobbery, there's a lot of it about.

Hahahah. If you two really think Bose is high quality and worth the money then I've got some monster cable and some snake oil to sell you.

So are we flying solo or you still need a wingman?

Saw the 40 and 46 side by side in bing lee tonight so tempting lol.

Hopefully someone coming to buy my old telly tomorrow but its 2 girls and they got no guys to help em :blink: might have to buy some lunches for guys at work...

Solo, could only get $10 extra of the price....... figured it would cost me more than I was saving to come into town to grab it $3100 is still a pretty awesome price

Was going to get a heaps better deal from HN (closer to the figure you were told for 2) but they wanted full payment there and then!!

My price is at the Good Guys, no deposit down just have to go and pay in full when the unit arrives in a few weeks. So I guess I can still shop around and if I get a better price can just call them and cancel over the phone :D

Does your other tele have wheels on the unit???? They can push it home....

I finally got the people at Jb's to match the 46" price at $4,100. They have a centeral database, and know exactly how low someone else has gone before in another JB's store around Aus. So anyone should be able to get that price, Prob less if you really are a good hagler, but I'm too lazy to run around town these days.

Thanks for all your posts about the prices everyone got for me you saved me a few quid. I can spend the extra cash on a HD-DVD drive for the 360. I'll be getting it in a few days.

I'm a little worried about the firmware issues, can anyone confirm if the 360 with the new dashboard update is now working on VGA over 1080P?

I ended up taking the 50inch back. Got the 46M81.

I've yet to see these two models, but I don't think I could live with less than a 50" screen and the 52" LCD is too expensive. Did you you miss the 50' screen when you downsized?

From what I've seen of other brands, there seems to be a fair bit of difference in size between 46" and 50".

I actually like the size of the 46 LCD. The 50inch does look nicer though, if that makes sense.

The quality of the 46inch is amazing though. Im getting used to the DTV difference and it is clear, but just not as clear as the 50inch.

Weighing it up, the 46inch is awesome if you watch HD-DVD/Bluray and play games. The 50inch is great if you watch alot of local tv shows. For myself i d/l tv shows, but i still think they was a little bit clearer on the 50inch.

I prob went over kill and should have got the 40inch.

The 46inch only looks a slight bit smaller than the 50inch, anyone who wants a 50inch tv get the 46inch you wouldnt hardly know the difference.